PDA

View Full Version : OverWolf.....

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-23-2013, 20:27
Joined TS the other day..hadn't been on in a while and was having some mic issues (actually just the fact my TS mic was set to press to talk and I didn't realise..DOH!)...so I decided to re-install TS3 and it came with this thing called OverWolf...which seems to have some sort of overlay accessory with it...I managed to get it to overlay on my desktop and has a small half transparent interface and a little tab on the left side of my screen for access to it which all looks pretty good...but when I was ingame it absconded...Hmmm....

Anyone out there actually get it to work?

PS..I did have TS Notifier...but that gives me an error message now (below) even if I remove it completely and re-install it....

''The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application''

fleX
Dec-23-2013, 21:28
I've not had any luck figuring out Overwolf as of yet.
I used the old TS plugin that I guess was the predecessor for Overwolf a few TS generations ago. Not for CloD, but worked well on some of my other games.

As for TS notifier, you might have it set up to auto-run when you start up TS3.
Then, if you try to run it manually (thinking it's not running, since it auto-starts straight to the system tray), it will cause a conflict and an error message stating 'TS Notifier has encountered an error and will close'.

I did try to replicate this with my own setup and it didn't give an error number, but I thought I'd chip in and see if this might be a similar fix.
**edit** it looks like 0x7000007b is a C++ compatibility error on 64-bit systems running 32-bit processes. It might just be a glitch in the install. Try the install again.

Also, I've not had luck with getting TS Notifier to work anymore since I updated my .NET code to 4.5.1, trying to get the launcher crashes to stop.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-23-2013, 21:40
Hi FleX,

Have you used the TS plugin that was part of TF 4.0? Some people may not realize it, but TF put TS right into IL2COD now. If you create a new info window you should see "teamspeak" as an option now. There's no need for any other type of external program etc., as it's part of the game now :D

But (always has to be one :D) I don't know if the TF 4.0 TS plugin covers the latest version of TS or not. But if you hadn't seen it already, or haven't used it, the TS overlay that TF put into Cliffs works perfectly. It was part of the TF 4.0 download.

Here's a screeny of it in action:

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/5035/rn2b.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/rn2b.jpg/)

ATAG_Colander
Dec-23-2013, 21:54
It does not cover the latest version (it has to be recompiled each time TS releases a new version) and it needs some work and bug fixes.
If any one is willing to maintain it (C++), I will happily share the source.

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-23-2013, 22:12
Ok..I created a window for TS ingame for next time I'm on TS....fingers crossed..

ATAG_Freya
Dec-23-2013, 22:47
Ok..I created a window for TS ingame for next time I'm on TS....fingers crossed..

Incase you don't already know this, don't forget to put the supplied - CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll - file into your teamspeak/plugins folder, and make sure its "ticked", also, in the ingame window setup there is an option for showing all people on the channel your in, or just the person talking.(which i think is the default setting). I use teamspeak version 3.0.12 and works great! And if you did already know that...I'll get outta here.:getaway:

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-23-2013, 23:04
Incase you don't already know this, don't forget to put the supplied - CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll - file into your teamspeak/plugins folder, and make sure its "ticked", also, in the ingame window setup there is an option for showing all people on the channel your in, or just the person talking.(which i think is the default setting). I use teamspeak version 3.0.12 and works great! And if you did already know that...I'll get outta here.:getaway:
I didn't know this Frey...Thanks bud

I will give this a go...

I copied it into the TS plugins folder..Not sure what you mean by 'ticked' tho..?

fleX
Dec-23-2013, 23:48
Thanks for the info on the 4.0 plugin. I saw options for TS overlay on the window creation menu, but didn't see how it would display.
Should have figured there was a step I was missing by adding the .dll file to TS.

Lew, he means ticking the CLOD plugin in the tools menu of TS. Plugins are activated by a small check box next to the plugin name.

I would normally screen shot it, but I'm at work. :(

ATAG_Freya
Dec-24-2013, 00:30
Lew, he means ticking the CLOD plugin in the tools menu of TS. Plugins are activated by a small check box next to the plugin name.

Yup, that's it, THX Flex! It's a funny thing that not alot of people seem to know about this, for me it was the greatest thing ever because I constantly had issues with TS Notifier, and don't use a second monitor like lots of people do. Have I mentioned how much I love Team Fusion lately? These little details go a long way....this was a great addition! I just ignore the teamspeak update notifications when I open TS. If it ain't broke - don't fix, and all that. Cheers!

ATAG_Monkeynut
Dec-24-2013, 02:54
Thanks for this thread, I'd seen TS in the info window menus, but didn't realise about putting the .dll file into TS plugins!

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-24-2013, 05:45
Rgrt...Its in the 'settings' option on TS.....Mine was actually already 'ticked'....