PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install TF 4.0

Muffin
Dec-27-2013, 14:20
Hi all.

I have a major issue, I have downloaded both part 1 and 2 of TF 4.0 at least 5 times each, and I keep getting a warning saying unexpected end of archive in Winrar. I won't let me run the installer, it just locks me out. I've tried using 7-zip aswell and no result, I've turned off my anti-virus, and still nothing, I'm stumped :ind:

I'm missing out on some quality festive flying :(

I would greatly appreciate any help, Below are the pics of the errors :smash:

http://i39.tinypic.com/293yn0l.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/25k7rsl.png

ATAG_Colander
Dec-27-2013, 14:25
What are the 7zip messages?
You need to use 7zip and only extract the first file, the second one is extracted automagically.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-27-2013, 15:21
As Colander said you need 7zip. Winrar won't work.

Easiest thing to do is put both files in an empty folder on your desktop. Open file 1 with 7zip. Then highlight both files at the same time and hit the extract icon in the top of 7zip program. That will give you the installer and TS plugin etc.

Mysticpuma
Dec-27-2013, 15:27
I'll upload the files using We Transfer. I'll post a link in about 30-minutes. It will last for 7-days. Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Dec-27-2013, 16:08
Here you go ;)

Files (1.4 GB total)
Mod Installer v4.00.part1.exe

Download link
http://we.tl/BpmbChwten

Files (713 MB total)
Mod Installer v4.00.part2.rar

Download link
http://we.tl/oVSsPAr3cV

Download both files. Copy to the same folder. Double-click "Mod Installer v4.00.part1.exe".

It will come up with an extract files dialogue message. Click okay or yes (whichever the message offers).

Once it has extracted you will find two new files called:

Mod 4.0 Installer.exe

and

Mod-v40.zip

The two files are the v4.00 installer without the need for 7-zip.

Double-click "Mod 4.0 Installer.exe" and point it towards your CloD folder (which must have v3.00 and v3.01 already installed).

Once done. Clear the cache folder in C:\Users\(Your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache

and start flying ;)

Cheers, MP

Muffin
Dec-27-2013, 18:46
Thanks Mysticpuma!!!!!!!!

It works perfectly :stunned:

See you in the sky!

Muffin :salute:

Incog
Dec-28-2013, 03:02
Eh, that's pretty interesting winrar worked perfectly for me every time. I've reinstalled the patch quite a few times in the past few days as well..

kucuktiny
Jan-20-2014, 17:26
I can't install Team Fusion patches either. My problem is not like Muffin's. I can open the installer, start installing but the progress bar shows up and closes instantly and nothing has installed in the CloD folder.:S Hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-20-2014, 21:39
I can't install Team Fusion patches either. My problem is not like Muffin's. I can open the installer, start installing but the progress bar shows up and closes instantly and nothing has installed in the CloD folder.:S Hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Couple things: Are you sure you pointed the installer to the correct folder? It's the IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder inside the steam folder you want to install to and NOT the documents IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder.

Also, try running the installer as an administrator. If you're running Windows 7 or later with User Account Control still turned on, the install might be getting blocked because you don't the correct permissions by default. Running as administrator (right click on the installer and click the admin option) will take care of that. The process bar doesn't take to long to install. Usually it's only a few seconds.

kucuktiny
Jan-21-2014, 13:50
Couple things: Are you sure you pointed the installer to the correct folder? It's the IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder inside the steam folder you want to install to and NOT the documents IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder.

Also, try running the installer as an administrator. If you're running Windows 7 or later with User Account Control still turned on, the install might be getting blocked because you don't the correct permissions by default. Running as administrator (right click on the installer and click the admin option) will take care of that. The process bar doesn't take to long to install. Usually it's only a few seconds.

I found the solution but it was completely something else. The problem was my windows is not in English and i had to change my region settings to make it work. Thanks for the answer Bliss.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Jan-21-2014, 13:52
I found the solution but it was completely something else. The problem was my windows is not in English and i had to change my region settings to make it work. Thanks for the answer Bliss.:thumbsup:

kucuktiny,

Nice find. Can you please let us know what regional settings you had so we can test and correct the installer?

kucuktiny
Jan-21-2014, 14:09
kucuktiny,

Nice find. Can you please let us know what regional settings you had so we can test and correct the installer?

My windows is in Turkish. I had to change regional settings to English(United States). I think this is because we use different decimal symbol, we use comma for decimal. I used to have problems using some software because of this. I should have remembered that early.:doh:

Bucksnort
Mar-19-2014, 04:27
Hello for the first time, and a request for help :wf:

New to COD after hearing how great it is with the Team Fusion patches, so new installation here. All going well with installing Team Fusion 3.0 and 3.01 and testing them in game, but now 7Zip won't open Team Fusion 4.0 (either file) after opening 3.0 and 3.01 just fine. Downloaded the two 4.0 files again but same problem with this error message:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/shoresroad/7ZipErrorMsg589x365_zpscb388cf2.png (http://s67.photobucket.com/user/shoresroad/media/7ZipErrorMsg589x365_zpscb388cf2.png.html)

Both files show their size and appear to be fine (they aren't empty) and I've tried running 7Zip as admin but still same error (also tried WinZip when 7Zip wouldn't work, but no go). I also downloaded 7Zip again just to make sure I had the most recent version but that didn't help. So I'm stuck at TF v3.01

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :salute:

Bucksnort
Mar-20-2014, 01:38
***SOLVED***

Originally missed the fact that the torrent version is not zipped so downloaded that version of TF 4.0 and all went well. Was able to unzip TF 4.3 so up and running on TF 4.3 and doing great so far!