PDA

View Full Version : how to set spitfire sight distance and adjust sight ?

sw1ive
Jan-03-2014, 21:57
How to set spitfire sight distance and adjust sight ?

linK or video turtorial or read.

I set my hor convergence and vert convergence at 400 all of my guns.

400 what??? feets???

fleX
Jan-03-2014, 22:26
Hey sw1ve.

Spit convergence in loadout is meters.
The gun sight measures in yards.
You'll have to do some converting to have both match.

PStyle made a good guide to help with convergence:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4758&highlight=convergence

The gun sight diatance is set by the horizontal cogs directly under the reticle.
They can be bound to keys in the controls menu.
I can't remember default, since I rebound them a while back.
But, they're there under 'increase/decrease sight distance', I believe.

Hope that helps.

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-04-2014, 06:00
I never use them....after hours of flying you get to know when to fire and when you won't get the hit if you do....I don't use tracer either....

It all depends on how linical you want to get....but gunsight adjustments are not essential if you have experience and know at what distance your firing will hit...

Roblex
Jan-04-2014, 06:55
I have convergence set to 183m (200yds) and I don't bother setting the gunsight because at that range the He111, JU88 & Do17 will pretty much touch the sides. The fact that the 111 fills the ring 8yds earlier than the JU88 is not really significant when you are closing on the bomber anyway. At that range the 109 fills half the ring and the JU87 is between the 109 and the bombers.

Lewis is right that eventually you get used to the correct distance and don't even notice what the gunsight says but obviously that relies on you setting a particular convergence and sticking with it until it becomes automatic though to be honest, once you have set the gunsight and seen where the bars are positioned for the bombers and fighters, there is little reason to keep adjusting it or even bother setting it next time you take off.