PDA

View Full Version : Custom Skins?

ATAG_Septic
Nov-13-2011, 12:07
Hi Chaps,

I notice it's possible to load custom skins on the server again? I overheard people discussing skins so gave it a try and sure enough I was able to join a my custom skin showing client-side. I didn't have opportunity to check that others could see it yet.

I thought they had been disabled server side?

Cheers Chaps.

5./JG27Rudelmann
Nov-13-2011, 13:19
You can always wear your own custom skins, which you can see. The server setting disables other people from seeing/downloading your skin, and replaces it with the Default skin.

ATAG_Septic
Nov-13-2011, 13:27
That explains it then, cheers Old Bean! There's one behind the bar for you in the Red Lion.

56RAF_Witch
Nov-22-2011, 18:56
Hi Guys, a quick question...

Say I had a "skin" that I sent to you, of course you need to check it's OK, but, could you load it onto your server and have it as an option in the plane setup screen, so that when I, or anyone else, logged on to fly it was there to select?

Would this cause stutters/lag for others, or any other problems?

Just thinking of options for events is all :)

Witch

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-23-2011, 14:49
Hi Witch,

It appears that method won't work. Even if the server and several other clients have the same custom skin, they will not show up if skin download is turned off.

We have temporarily turned on custom skin downloads atm, just for testing purposes. Considering the option never worked (server-side) before this latest patch, we might as well see if it has improved or not (stuttering on spawning).

If it's a mess like before, they'll simply have to be disabled again.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-24-2011, 16:50
I'd like to make a personal plee towards custom skins, if it's allowed. Simply put, mo loud unrealistic skins. If it keeps the flavour of real skins, I'm good with it. But to see a Spit or 109 black with blood dripping off it with hith bright red letters, I think not ...... :no ....... just my indiviual thoughs .... :inq: