PDA

View Full Version : **POLL** Mission end times increased allowing RTB

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jan-05-2014, 07:23
One of my pet hates is taking off, getting comfortable, getting Altitude to then be shown mission ending message...scratch another sortie on your stats..

For those who don't care about stats this shouldn't bother you or interest you, but I see more and more peeps coming up with ways to promote better flying and using their own stat system in house..

My proposal for Bliss is that after we have completed all mission objectives and the map ends, we have 10 mins to RTB our charriots. Its good for stats and obviously saves you the ball-ache of lifting in a mission that is just about to end..

The server message could flash up every min with a countdown from 10mins?

Anyway, its a lil bug bear of mine.. If you feel it sounds Ok then vote and let the powers that be sort it out.

Cheers

SoW Reddog
Jan-05-2014, 08:01
Alternatively just <tl BEFORE taking off?

Kling
Jan-05-2014, 08:03

Fair enough but this doesnt help when all targets are destroyed just 10mins after take off. <tl doesnt help for that... ;)

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jan-05-2014, 08:11

Are you serious with that answer? I was wondering how many of these sorts of replies I would get. So you want me to check what targets are left to destroy, work out who is about to or in progress of destroying targets, ETA to them targets then work out how long it would take before the map rotates?.. is that what you are saying here Red? I sure hope not.

Personally, I would rather see a 'Targets destroyed, Map ends in ....' message.. If you care your RTB, If you don't you've got another 10mins flying time

If stats do not concern you then why do you see this as not good? curious

Whats not good about it?, that you would have to play a particular map for another 10 mins?

SoW Reddog
Jan-05-2014, 08:31
Are you serious with that answer? I was wondering how many of these sorts of replies I would get. So you want me to check what targets are left to destroy, work out who is about to or in progress of destroying targets, ETA to them targets then work out how long it would take before the map rotates?.. is that what you are saying here Red? I sure hope not.

Personally, I would rather see a 'Targets destroyed, Map ends in ....' message.. If you care your RTB, If you don't you've got another 10mins flying time

If stats do not concern you then why do you see this as not good? curious

Whats not good about it?, that you would have to play a particular map for another 10 mins?

Yes I'm serious. If it bothers YOU then YOU should check first yes. I couldn't care less about "stats", that's irrelevant. I'm bothered about flying a map where there's nothing to fight for. All you're going to get is a bunch more vulching going on as people RTB. can you honestly see 109's over England turning back? No. they'll go "oooh, look. A bunch of low slow landing spits and hurri's to kill, oh goody".

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jan-05-2014, 10:19
Yes I'm serious. If it bothers YOU then YOU should check first yes. I couldn't care less about "stats", that's irrelevant. I'm bothered about flying a map where there's nothing to fight for. All you're going to get is a bunch more vulching going on as people RTB. can you honestly see 109's over England turning back? No. they'll go "oooh, look. A bunch of low slow landing spits and hurri's to kill, oh goody".

Pathetic response..

So what about all the other 'gamey' styles of playing a game we see on the server?,, you think that an option where people can vulch people RTB'n is just to not have this option?...

Tell you what, climb higher and vulch all those players that you seem to think will be hanging around as you RTB..lot of easy kills, even for you.

There are countless opportunity's to game the game, shall we hang around the airfields waiting for bombers to lift then shoot them down?..oh wait, please!

Your input and attitude stinks so don't bother adding anything if you cant be constructive

Black
Jan-05-2014, 10:35

Your attitude towards blue players is a shame, I understand that you want a more realistic gameplay but in your effort of defending this mindset you sound like a 5 year old! Why don't you just remove the game from your harddrive and not fly anymore? Would be very realistic since you died in a Spitfire allready! Or try something else, fly a 109 and start vulching Hawkinge if it is so simple, I will be happy to shoot you down with a Tigermoth in this case!

To answer the original question of this thread: I like the idea! :salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-05-2014, 10:45
I have a suggestion for both Carl Fritzi and Black: make your own mission, get it accepted, then have the rest of us throw tomatoes at both you and your new mission once it goes online.

Gentlemen, we're not in a schoolyard. CF, I personally thought your suggestion had merit, but you lost me on the personal attack on a fellow forum member.

Black -- the same goes to you. Personal attacks are NOT acceptable in this forum.

This thread is closed. Please refrain from making any further posts elsewhere in this forum until you both can regain some civility. Thank you.

Snapper