PDA

View Full Version : Spawning at Maidstone

_RAAF_Smouch
Nov-13-2011, 23:13
A couple of us were on the ATAG server on Saturday night (Aussie time) and we chose to do some formation training prior to getting into combat.

We spawned at Maidstone, and for some of us, we noticed that when we spawned our A/C would roll backwards into the tree line, which made it impossible to taxi out to the runway. :eek:

I think this might be a bug with the game and will post a copy of this in the banana (1C) forums.

Just thought I'd let you know.

~S~

ATAG_WatchMan
Nov-14-2011, 01:23
Hi Smouch, I haven't taken off at Maidstone, but the problem you're describing happens from time to time. I tend to think it has something to do the physics engine within the game. The best I can suggest for now is to apply your wheel brakes immediately upon spawning and start your engine and get it into idle. This usually works for me. Why an idling engine helps, I'm not sure as I don't think that in the real world it would create enough air flow to move the aircraft forward, or perhaps an idling engine creates hydrolic pressure which allows the brakes to work, again, not sure, but try it out and see what happens. S! and I hope you're having a good time on the server.

ATAG_WatchMan.:thumbsup:

5./JG27Rudelmann
Nov-14-2011, 17:24
I think some of the spawns are on inclines. I remember there's a spawn on the west side of the map where the 4-8th planes spawned in would roll into the woods with 0 wind. Its kind of hard to fix all the little spots, as there's so many damned airfields! >.<

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-14-2011, 19:48
There are sooooooooo many bad spawn points - it's ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is the lesson in frustration trying to make them all work right. Just when you think you've found a way to test them, the game decides to do the exact opposite of what you wanted :!sad!: