PDA

View Full Version : Speed of Sound in CloD

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-10-2014, 07:20
I've only just noticed that the speed of sound is modelled in Cliffs.... wow.

Dropped some bombs from a few thousand feet in 3rd person view. There was a great 1 second delay between seeing and hearing the explosion.

One of my bug-bears with movies is that they seldom model sound speed, it's particularly bad on WW2 documentaries, where they always add sound effects to the old footage. "Explosions" are almost always synchronised with the visuals.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-10-2014, 10:56
I noticed that too when I was learning what all the rounds meant (German). Those exploding rounds did the same thing when I shot them and watched them, saw the explosions then heard the sound. Super cool.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-10-2014, 16:05
Yes, there is a detailed physics engine in CoD which controls almost everything in the game.

However, and unfortunately, some of the values in the engine were mis-calibrated in the vanilla game, and this has been one of our biggest hurdles to overcome. :grrr:

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-10-2014, 16:29
Buzz, you guys have cleared the hurdle! This game is ridiculous (in a good way).

I held out till two weeks ago to get this game, and comparing the vanallia install to TF 4.0 is amazing, great work all around, I just wish I could win the lotto and pay you guys your due!

Can't wait for 4.01, hoping to rearm/refuel after landing in mp rather than having to spawn new.

I'll buy a powerball ticket on my way home from work tonight. :thumbsup: