PDA

View Full Version : In game render box showing

Aurora Juutilainen
Jan-11-2014, 03:10
http://i.imgur.com/jl2MirE.jpg

I can see the render box around my position at all times, I apologize if this is already a known/reported issue

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-11-2014, 03:13
Let me guess. You have a AMD/ATI videocard?

Aurora Juutilainen
Jan-11-2014, 03:22
yes, I have a HD 7970

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-11-2014, 03:30
known bug for ATI. No fix for it. This is since the day 1 of the game. Developers blamed ATI and ATI blamed developers. But we only have TF now with very restrict acess to the code.

Aurora Juutilainen
Jan-11-2014, 03:33
I see, thank you for the response.

Continu0
Jan-11-2014, 04:06
known bug for ATI. No fix for it. This is since the day 1 of the game. Developers blamed ATI and ATI blamed developers. But we only have TF now with very restrict acess to the code.

I think there was a time when that box was not present. A combination of a beta-patch and a certain driver-versoin solved the problem. No idea which versions that were tough...

Irongull
Jan-15-2014, 16:37
As posted in the other thread on this issue, Yoyo has saved our lives! Set your LAND SHADING option to MEDIUM instead of HIGH. (It worked for me at least)

Continu0
Jan-15-2014, 18:39
As posted in the other thread on this issue, Yoyo has saved our lives! Set your LAND SHADING option to MEDIUM instead of HIGH. (It worked for me at least)

What other effects does it have to set land shading to medium? Do you lose a lot of eye-candy?

Irongull
Jan-15-2014, 19:35
What other effects does it have to set land shading to medium? Do you lose a lot of eye-candy?

Unfortunately yes... It's a huge difference between medium and high. I don't know which is the lesser of two evils... This is soooooo frustrating. With that and all the other issues with ati cards, I'm still being pushed away from this sim. :(

ATAG_Colander
Jan-15-2014, 20:03
With that and all the other issues with ati cards, I'm still being pushed away from this sim. :(

Or from ATI cards :)

Continu0
Jan-16-2014, 03:15
Unfortunately yes... It's a huge difference between medium and high. I don't know which is the lesser of two evils... This is soooooo frustrating. With that and all the other issues with ati cards, I'm still being pushed away from this sim. :(

all the other issues? I don`t have any other issue with my ATI-card? What problems do you have?

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 11:17
all the other issues? I don`t have any other issue with my ATI-card? What problems do you have?

Green smoke bug, which to get rid of you must load into the game offline first, which in turn leads to this issue... http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7498

Basically loading into a second map without restarting the game chugs it to almost half fps and when you load into the world the game loads soo slow and is practically frozen for minutes(sometimes crashing). I'm guessing it has something to do with the sim's architecture for loading textures, as my game still freezes up sometimes when approaching an enemy's six. It sucks lining up a shot solution only to freeze up when you have to fire. (Note that freezing behind and enemy aircraft only happens once per model type, after that it's smooth. So I'm assuming that it has to do with loading that aircraft's textures on the fly online when you get close enough to said aircraft) After each new map load, does the game clear the memory? Should it? I'm guessing that's what it does after a restart, which in turn sets everything back to normal for the initial map

I'm not sure if the chug and fps cut after a new map load has to do with crossfire, or just ATI/AMD in general. I know others have had this problem... (Look at Naz's post at the end of my linked post above)

Also, the architecture of Nvidia cards is better for FSX, and crossfire isn't supported yet in all my DCS modules and has a negative scaling effect so... It's been pretty frustrating for me. At least Rise of Flight runs perfect... :)

Thanks for any help in advance...

- Grant 'Irongull' Hamilton

Continu0
Jan-16-2014, 11:26
Green smoke bug, which to get rid of you must load into the game offline first, which in turn leads to this issue... http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7498

Basically loading into a second map without restarting the game chugs it to almost half fps and when you load into the world the game loads soo slow and is practically frozen for minutes(sometimes crashing). I'm guessing it has something to do with the sim's architecture for loading textures, as my game still freezes up sometimes when approaching an enemy's six. It sucks lining up a shot solution only to freeze up when you have to fire. (Note that freezing behind and enemy aircraft only happens once per model type, after that it's smooth. So I'm assuming that it has to do with loading that aircraft's textures on the fly online when you get close enough to said aircraft) After each new map load, does the game clear the memory? Should it? I'm guessing that's what it does after a restart, which in turn sets everything back to normal for the initial map

I'm not sure if the chug and fps cut after a new map load has to do with crossfire, or just ATI/AMD in general. I know others have had this problem... (Look at Naz's post at the end of my linked post above)

Also, the architecture of Nvidia cards is better for FSX, and crossfire isn't supported yet in all my DCS modules and has a negative scaling effect so... It's been pretty frustrating for me. At least Rise of Flight runs perfect... :)

Thanks for any help in advance...

- Grant 'Irongull' Hamilton

Just one question: Have you deleted the UBI-Logo when starting the game? And btw. which card are you using with what system? I ran the game on a HD 5870 and a 7870 and never had ANY of the issues you are discribing...

btw. some older tips here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254014&postcount=13

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 12:59
Just one question: Have you deleted the UBI-Logo when starting the game? And btw. which card are you using with what system? I ran the game on a HD 5870 and a 7870 and never had ANY of the issues you are discribing...

btw. some older tips here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254014&postcount=13

Yes, the UBI logo is cleared. I have two sapphire 5870's factory OC'd in crossfire on an ASUS P6X58D-premium mobo with an i7-930 OC to 3.8. I believe the green smoke is crossfire related, along with the other issue of losing half my FPS on the second map load... There's no fix. :( It's just shoddy programming for crossfire/ATI/AMD.

I think all the issues are related to the terrible crossfire support from 1C. My system is solid and I run every other game without issues.

Continu0
Jan-16-2014, 13:35
Yes, the UBI logo is cleared. I have two sapphire 5870's factory OC'd in crossfire on an ASUS P6X58D-premium mobo with an i7-930 OC to 3.8. I believe the green smoke is crossfire related, along with the other issue of losing half my FPS on the second map load... There's no fix. :( It's just shoddy programming for crossfire/ATI/AMD.

I think all the issues are related to the terrible crossfire support from 1C. My system is solid and I run every other game without issues.

1C has long given up the Support on CloD. The only thing that helped some people was to set up a profile for CloD, did you do that?

Btw. why are running crossfire? Did you ever try not running it? You should get an acceptable performance with your 5870. Surely not Cliffs of Dover at it`s best, but acceptable...

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 14:52
1C has long given up the Support on CloD. The only thing that helped some people was to set up a profile for CloD, did you do that?

Btw. why are running crossfire? Did you ever try not running it? You should get an acceptable performance with your 5870. Surely not Cliffs of Dover at it`s best, but acceptable...

I'm about to turn off crossfire and give the game a whirl with one card. We'll see if it gets rid of the stutters at least...

Continu0
Jan-16-2014, 14:56
I'm about to turn off crossfire and give the game a whirl with one card. We'll see if it gets rid of the stutters at least...

I really hope it works out this way. As I said I could run CloD on a HD 5870 without any of the problems you described. Even on a worse system...

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 15:38
I really hope it works out this way. As I said I could run CloD on a HD 5870 without any of the problems you described. Even on a worse system...

Well... It's definitely crossfire, just so everyone knows. Smooth as eggs running with just one card, no freezes anywhere. That's pretty unfortunate.

ATAG_Septic
Jan-16-2014, 16:33

I use Nvidia SLI, which also causes stutters, unless frame rates are locked by an external program at below screen refresh rate (I use MSI Afterburner for this).

I use SLI as it keeps both GPUs nice and cool.

I also get the green smoke if I don't load a mission or FMB first, this doesn't always occur but I can't find a culprit other than SLI.

Good luck!

Septic.