PDA

View Full Version : Totally unrealistic idea with plane dissapering over French coast misions

Kwiatek
Jan-12-2014, 16:56
Recently i flew one mission in ATAG server where flying at RAF side you cant reach French coast beacasue you plane will be dissaperd. I was runing after 109 over Channel when we close to French coast i saw text in my screen then in 1 minut my plane will be dissaper???? I though wtf???? It can't be true?? Not here on ATAG?

For me it is really totally unrealistic idea which casue RAF planes dissapering. I thought ATAG server and missions considered to be realistic way? Now we got something like Bermuda Triangle area.

How it could be if you are trying to catch some 109s and they will just run for their coast knowing that RAF plane will be dissaperd with 1 minut? Totally absurd.

There were many fights during BOB time where RAF planes were runing for French coast after German planes. Some even RAF pilots were hunting close to French coast for returning German planes. You never heard about Frantisek????

Well i could live with these not really big deal for me casue i and my mates could aviod such missions in ATAG server

But i think it is really bad idea and casue such mission more like sci fiction films where planes just dissapering moving to another world.

Just my thoughs.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jan-12-2014, 17:36
You need to read the briefings. There was a good reason for it in the scope of the mission and server resources.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-12-2014, 18:06
You didnt saw the warning at all? There was a warning of "turn back" im sure ;)

IF its mission i think it is, London Raids from Reddog, the script was made to save CPU resources of the server, avoiding to put flack over france, and getting those resources to be applyed on AI bomber formations.

Incog
Jan-13-2014, 01:59
Heh, when you see that message it's an immelmann right off the bat.. flew for Red once and got owned by this bugger of a line. But, it serves a good purpose so I'm not complaining.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-13-2014, 02:15
The mission brief is explicit about this.
Also there was a discussion about this for more than a month here on the forums, and the majority of players are happy with this - at least for just this mission.

Incog
Jan-13-2014, 02:41
I have absolutely no problem either way with this feature. The Red side objectives are over England either way.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-13-2014, 02:44
Forgot to say: Hey Reddog m8, your script works! Good job!

Kwiatek
Jan-13-2014, 12:44
Well if CPU resources of the server is the reason of such idea so i understand these.

But if there are another reasons i think it is stupid idea.

I hope that these is only one such mission. If so not big deal i could not play such mission.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-13-2014, 13:41

SoW Reddog
Jan-13-2014, 15:08
Forgot to say: Hey Reddog m8, your script works! Good job!

When I'm not crashing the server with too many AI.:recon: