PDA

View Full Version : Please use Hyperlobby!

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-19-2011, 10:53
Hi all,

We've starting running the server through HL. For those that don't know about it, get the beta download by registering here: http://hyperfighter.sk/

When registering, please use your in-game name. Granted this can be changed at any time, but your HL user name is what will show in game. Just keep that in mind.

The beta download (the reason you have to register to get it) includes support for IL2COD. What HL does is allows you to have a meeting spot for other virtual pilots to chat, do coop missions together, join servers, etc.

It's a very useful tool for just about anything. Back in IL246's heyday, there were 1000 pilots online during peak times. Hopefully, HL will grow back to what it used to be for Cliffs of Dover.

HL should give you a performance increase as well. When you connect to a server, a coop game, or a hosted mission via HL, you will no longer see the intro screen of the game. HL bypasses all the intro screens and menu screens, and instead directly connects you to the mission, coop, or server you are joining. Instead, you will immediately see the loading bar/progress bar when connecting to a server, hosted mission, or coop.

FYI - HL will only show players connected via HL in the HL browser. There may be 50 players online on a particular server, but HL's player count only comes from those connecting via HL.

Please start using it fellas! Thanks!

:salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-19-2011, 14:35
For all to know, depending on how this works (hyperlobby) I'll be flying under the handle of CPS_RedCloud as it seems I can only have one instance of HL installed and I still fly IL2 with my friends at Causual Pilots Squadron (CPS) and I don't knoe how to change back and forth, if I can.:inq:

ATAG_WatchMan
Nov-19-2011, 17:41
Oops, because of potential problems between Hyperlobby, Steam and Cliffs Of Dover, we might not always be available through Hyperlobby. Right now we will probably alternate during cycles and see if there are problems when Hyperlobby is running with the server.

S! ATAG_WatchMan.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-19-2011, 18:56
I logged into the ATAG server via Hyperlobby with no problem at all earlier today (~ 1:30 pm EST). With a clean re-install of CoD and running TS3 and TrackIR I had no CTD's for the 1.5 hours of play. At one point I thought I would get a L.E. crash while engaging a 109 over the city of Dover when my framerate suddenly decreased from 30-40 to a single digit slideshow.

Fortunately the framerate picked up, but not before the 109 maneuvered behind me and caused damage. (at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :laugh1). This indicates that the near-freeze problem was mine alone at that moment -- plus no one on TS were complaining of any probs. Guess my PC just doesn't like dogfights over cities! The rest of play was always very smooth, including take offs right behind other players and their dust clouds.

Vulgar
Nov-22-2011, 21:31
I would like to request a little help from one of you ATAG members. I attempted to sign up to get hyperlobby, but apparently Jiri is doing manual approvals. I have not yet received an approval, Jiri is most probably real busy is all.

The email I received states that someone had already signed up with my email address. I have used hyperlobby since the beginning, but have not for a number of years. I tried my old account, no joy. So registered again, but that message about the email address having been used, is a little confusing, as I do not believe I have used it for hyperlobby, though may have changed to it some time ago and simply do not remember, old timers may be setting in!

I attempted to contact Jiri, but you must be a registered member, hence my problem. If one of you guys could contact Jiri and see if there is a problem, I would be most appreciative. If you are an admin, you will be able to get my email address easily, if not let me know and I will private it, do not want to list it here as the bots will pick it up and I will get millions of offers to help me with my lottery winnings in Ethiopia!

I am hoping that with Hyperlobby we will not be affected with all the steam timeouts, very annoying when you have a small window to play. Besides that I love hyperlobby, and if there is any kind of improvement in keeping lag down, that is a benefit to everyone.

Vulgar

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-23-2011, 12:51
Let me know via PM here what you do remember in the way of information and I'll be happy to pass it on to him. I do not know him personally but am current and registered there.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-23-2011, 15:16
Hey Vulgar/CRC - You guys should be able to use your old accounts (if you've signed up before) the only difference is now you'll see IL2COD on the list as well. The account process at HL is just to allow you to download the beta - which essentially doesn't change anything other than allowing IL2COD on the list.

@Vulgar - I can try to help, but considering there still seams to be some issues with HL/IL2COD we've stopped using it for the moment. I think we'll have to wait for the next official/beta patch from either HL or 1C before we take another swing at using HL.

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-24-2011, 16:44
Hey Vulgar/CRC - You guys should be able to use your old accounts (if you've signed up before) the only difference is now you'll see IL2COD on the list as well. The account process at HL is just to allow you to download the beta - which essentially doesn't change anything other than allowing IL2COD on the list.

@Vulgar - I can try to help, but considering there still seams to be some issues with HL/IL2COD we've stopped using it for the moment. I think we'll have to wait for the next official/beta patch from either HL or 1C before we take another swing at using HL.

Perhaps I didn't mention it, and for that I appoligise, but I got mine working fine, thanks.:thumbsup:

Vulgar
Nov-30-2011, 16:14
I tried my old account, name, email address, it says it does not exist. If you all are having trouble I can wait, if does not currently work with the atag server.

Since the server listing goes down, and have lost connection and found nothing in the list. I am assuming there is something amiss with how the clod/steam method is working.

I am not familiar with how they are doing it, just started looking for the dedicated server to take a look at how things are getting done, but have not found it.

Might want to take a look at the thread I started about future possibility of improving things for players. I use Amazon for business, and they are servicing online gaming needs. They have some capabilities that nobody else can do, though some others are getting there also.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?843-Question-Concerning-Dedicated-Server