PDA

View Full Version : No sound - Just downloaded CLod and installed all patches, help would be great

Agent_Z
Jan-13-2014, 16:26
Hi everyone, I am new to the game having installed it from steam and being so keen to get the modded version up and running I didn't even run the game I just installed all the patches. Having installed everything the game now seems to work fine but I get no sound wheresoever no engine cannon or MG fire, except at the beginning at the Ubisoft logo noise and that's it.

Has anyone had anything similar and fixed it or know what I can do, thanks for reading.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-13-2014, 17:16
Hi everyone, I am new to the game having installed it from steam and being so keen to get the modded version up and running I didn't even run the game I just installed all the patches. Having installed everything the game now seems to work fine but I get no sound wheresoever no engine cannon or MG fire, except at the beginning at the Ubisoft logo noise and that's it.

Has anyone had anything similar and fixed it or know what I can do, thanks for reading.

Which means you didnt even read the "readme" to install the MOD patches ;)

The game requires you to run at least 1 time between each instalation. Finished the STEAM? Run game once. Install 3.0? Run game once. Install 3.01? Run Game once. Install 4.0? Now you can run the game!

Agent_Z
Jan-13-2014, 17:37

The game requires you to run at least 1 time between each instalation. Finished the STEAM? Run game once. Install 3.0? Run game once. Install 3.01? Run Game once. Install 4.0? Now you can run the game!

When I said I didn't run the game I meant to the point of starting a mission does that matter? I ran it to the start screen and thought that was enough. I'll try it again if that's what it takes? Thanks for your reply.

DUI
Jan-13-2014, 17:41

Hm, I also should have read the readme better. I think I only started right after the vanilla installation but not after every patch version.
But not sure if the sound issue comes from this one - never heard of a similar case before.

The standard question: Is the sound set to high volume in the in-game sound settings? :coolio:

Agent_Z
Jan-13-2014, 17:48
X

Yes all volumes are set to max.

Agent_Z
Jan-13-2014, 19:02
Re-installed after verifying the files using steam like what was mentioned on the you tube video and sound is all working as it should be, don't know exactly what was up but it's all good now, cheers.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-13-2014, 19:35
Glad to hear you are up and running.

At some point we hope to have a single install instead of the multiple patches currently which we have.

However, this involves a lot of work and will of course create downloads which are considerable in size.

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-13-2014, 22:16
Welcome to the community and forums Agent_Z ....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup prcedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...

varrattu
Jan-14-2014, 11:46
@Agent_Z :
Do you use USB headset or speakers? From time to time -I don't know why- I am forced to dis- / reconnect my Logitech USB headset ...

Regards ~V~

Agent_Z
Jan-14-2014, 18:32
Thanks for your warm welcome, everyone. I've read the beginners guide and will be on SP missions until I feel I'm ready for MP. I am not a total noob I have played on another sim but BoB is the theater I have always wanted to fly in and to have a dedicated game for it is great. I have ordered TrackIR 5 and waiting for that to come, and I'm hoping using that will help speed up my dogfighting progress.

@Agent_Z :
Do you use USB headset or speakers? From time to time -I don't know why- I am forced to dis- / reconnect my Logitech USB headset ...

Regards ~V~

No i have an amp with Logik desktop speakers it is pretty good for the price.