PDA

View Full Version : Ju88 R22 pitch

EG14_Marcast
Jan-14-2014, 03:31
When I engage R22 autopilot in Ju88 often the plane starts to pitch slightly up and down, making aiming through the bombsight difficult. Most of times this movement stops as I get more or less close to the target, but sometimes it goes on until I disengage R22. What does this depend on, and is there any way to prevent it?

Torric270
Jan-14-2014, 10:19
When I engage R22 autopilot in Ju88 often the plane starts to pitch slightly up and down, making aiming through the bombsight difficult. Most of times this movement stops as I get more or less close to the target, but sometimes it goes on until I disengage R22. What does this depend on, and is there any way to prevent it?

If it happens in any bomber save the Blenny, just go back to mode course then right back into mode 22 until it stops. Trimming so there is less of a jump between the 2 will back the transition less abrupt.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-14-2014, 12:28
If it happens in any bomber save the Blenny, just go back to mode course then right back into mode 22 until it stops. Trimming so there is less of a jump between the 2 will back the transition less abrupt.

To avoid to loose excessive altitude, i use "almost" the same method as Torric described, but with a small change (or abrupt i should say). I trim the nose up and because im lazy i only have "cycle" mode for autopilot, meaning, when i click the key again it disengages, does not go to course, making the plane fly with nose up in between the pauses of getting to mode 22 again. I do this untill the plane stops bouncing. Sometimes i have to repeat the process 5 times.

Gix
Jan-14-2014, 12:37
Also be sure to have attitude indicator very well centered with a sufficent speed.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Jan-14-2014, 18:08
Is this a bug, Torric? I always thought it was supposed to be like that, because it tries to reach 400 km/h. Thanks for the tips.

Torric270
Jan-14-2014, 19:13
Is this a bug, Torric? I always thought it was supposed to be like that, because it tries to reach 400 km/h. Thanks for the tips.

The loss of alt is fine, the bouncing of the nose up and down (oscillations) is not, they have tried to squash it but it wont make it into 4.01

LuseKofte
Jan-14-2014, 20:48
I do not have this problem. I aproach target 600 mtrs + and trim it nose down above 5 k in course mode. When my speed is about 400 kmh I engage mode 022 and wait until alt stabbeled. Correct the alt. Settings and aim if the cross move forward I increase speed in settings or oposit. And then you can hit a ship

III./ZG76_Keller
Jan-14-2014, 21:32
If after a few minutes the nose is still bouncing try adjusting pitch and/or throttle until it stabilizes.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Jan-18-2014, 06:33
Oh, I see. I have never had (noticed?) the nose bouncing.

EG14_Marcast
Mar-13-2014, 04:53
Maybe I've found a way to prevent the annoying bouncing. I've noticed that if I engage R22 while I'm climbing I don't have any pitch. I tried several times at climb rates from 3 to 8 and it seems to work, maybe somebody else can try and confirm.

varrattu
Mar-13-2014, 05:22

The real /historical/original JU88A-1 does not have an autopilot for holding its altitude. The vertical iL2CoD autopilot R22 more or less is a buggy feature ...

Regards ~V~