PDA

View Full Version : DayZ standalone

Tvrdi
Jan-16-2014, 08:08
Im enjoying evey second of it. Although its still alpha and it has bugs and glitches here and there, its a great fun and in many ways an upgrade to the old mod. If anyone is playing this and would like to play in team sometimes, would be cool to put his steam nick here or via PM (if thats more convenient).

LuseKofte
Jan-21-2014, 01:48
Someone in my squad plays this with various result :) . Survival game isn't it

If you get no luck here just pop by http://www.5jg27.net
And register so you can have TS info.

Best Regard

Jaeger

Tvrdi
Jan-28-2014, 11:08
Someone in my squad plays this with various result :) . Survival game isn't it

If you get no luck here just pop by http://www.5jg27.net
And register so you can have TS info.

Best Regard

Jaeger

Tnx Jaeger

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-10-2014, 18:33
What do people think of this game?

Worth the cost for an Alpha?

Davis0079
Feb-13-2014, 20:13
the Idea that its in alpha is true yet misleading....pretty sure its the same as the Day-z mod for Arma2...if you have arma2 you can download it and know what to expect from the DayZ stand alone....its obviously not the exact same...more is going into the standalone...but if you want to get the idea of the whole "survival' thing before spending too much cash, you can if you own Arma2..............heres also a link to the arma3 dayz.....not really "DayZ'...but its the same thing...just for A3.... http://deadnation.eu/forums/index.php?app=uportal

...most reviews explain it all.....you spawn in an open world with a pair of clothes and a flashlight...you wonder around till someone with more stuff or more friends find you....they take your flashlight....then take your pants down.....leaving you alone and in need of a shower.....

some random views that could help you see the plot...

"A group of males handcuffed me and took my pants off."

10/10

"You either die a hiker or you live long enough to see yourself become a serial killer murdering hikers."

.................................then there is this guys opinion.....................................

If you loved the mod, you will love this. Haven't played the mod? Well, I will say that this game is grape. Yep, grape.

You start off randomly spawned in the area of Chanarus, most likely near the coasts. You are equipped with clothes, a battery, and a flashlight. Shortly afterwards you are hungry and thirsty.

Your main objective is to find buildings and search for food and drink and then a melee weapon. Don't know where you are at? Find a online map of Chanarus and look for town signs and landmarks. Once you've found where you are at, make your way to the nearest town for supplies. Keep in mind your current clothes allow for very little inventory, so you'll want to look for new clothes in order to carry more items.

OK, so you've managed to find a can of soda, a can of tuna, and some gloves. Good start. Now you'll want to continue... wait. Is that a zombie you hear? Yep. He sees you. Go back inside that house and shut the door. Everyone knows they don't know how to use doors because THEY CAN CLIP THROUGH THE FREAKING WALLS!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Alright, after you've put down the zombie with a hammer, you'll want to take care of the warm red stuff squirting out from your body. Take off your shirt and rip it into rags. Now use the rags as bandages. Good as new. Carefully move on to the... What? Hungry again? But you just ate 3 minutes ago. Pull out the can of beans you found and... crap. You need something sharp to open the can. Keep looking. Maybe the guy rapidly coming at you screaming "HEY YOU! I WANT TO AXE YOU A FEW QUESTIONS!" can be of some assistance. Calmly face him and...

You start off randomly spawned in the area of Chanarus, most likely near the coasts. You are equipped with clothes, a battery, and a flashlight. Shortly afterwards you are hungry and thirsty. Is that some fruit on the ground? Oh lucky day! Pick up the fruit, dust off the mold, and take a bite. Feeling a little sick? It's probably nothing. Just keep moving...

You start off randomly spawned in the area of Chanarus, most likely near the coasts. You are equipped with clothes, a battery, and a flashlight. Shortly afterwards you are hungry and thirsty. You find a barn with some steps.

You start off randomly spawned in the area of Chanarus, most likely near the coasts. You are equipped with clothes, a battery, and a flashlight. Shortly afterwards you are hungry and thirsty. You look up to find another newly spawned user who is disoriented but has a cool hat. You look down and find an axe. Now you have a cool hat and two sets of clothes, batteries, and flashlights...

Basha
Feb-15-2014, 08:32
I was fully loaded the other week M4 ACOG 600rnds of ammo, meds, food, water compass all kinds of stuff then with some lazy game play i got done by a axe swinging freshy and got done in and lost the lot !! made his day tho i bet :)

Some recent changes addressing the combat logging and server hopping have helped but not played much since losing all my gear :doh: