PDA

View Full Version : TF, is it possible to implement this check in the game loop?

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 11:41
I'm not sure about anyone else, but when coming up on an enemy and acquiring a gun solution, just before I'm about to fire and/or just after I start firing the game is still freezing up momentarily, which in turn if I had let go of my fire button the guns will still be firing when I come out of the freeze. If that happens, I have to realize it and hit the fire button again to stop them. This is a major issue, especially if you are using a limited amount of cannons, which it will fire off 10-20 before you can stop it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to put a check in the game loop to see if you're holding down the fire button for the gun types or not? If not, then cancel the fire for said gun types. There wouldn't even have to be a command to carry on if it was held down, as it would still be held down.

If there is another way to accomplish this without a check in the game loop, that would be great also. I'm not sure why it doesn't still stack the release of the button in the code when the freeze happens? Shouldn't it?

This would help a lot of frustration... Thanks in advance for a response! :)

- Grant 'Irongull' Hamilton

ATAG_Colander
Jan-16-2014, 11:49
The problem here is not the trigger but the freeze.
It would be nice if you can identify what is causing it. For example, Is it every time you fire cannons? is it when you get at a certain distance of another plane?

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-16-2014, 11:52
It seems more like you are having issues with your joystick, not the game itself. I dont have those problems you are describing, but i do know this:

I have X52 joystick and (those who have it know this) the programming software was not very good for the 64bits systems based. The stick would just go bezerk for no apparent reason and once i stoped using it, and program my controls directly into the game, i never had a single issue since then.

I dont know if this is your case, but if you are remotely using a similar software as i described, i suggest you to turn it off and program into the game directly.

ATAG_JTDawg
Jan-16-2014, 12:32
I get this once in awhile, but when I pull trigger it fires till empty . An even the dreaded launcher crash. Turned out to be a corrupt audio driver :thumbsup:

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 13:09
The problem here is not the trigger but the freeze.
It would be nice if you can identify what is causing it. For example, Is it every time you fire cannons? is it when you get at a certain distance of another plane?

It's not everytime I fire cannons, but it most definitely related to the tiny freeze up. I get the freeze up when approaching a new aircraft model for the first time, when I get to the closest LOD(aka pretty much when I'm about to fire) it freezes up for a moment like it's loading the textures or something... Usually I have already started firing a moment before the freeze up and when it comes out of the freeze my weapons are still firing even though I've released the button during the freeze. It only freezes up the first time getting close to the new model of aircraft. I think it's a crossfire issue loading the closest line of draw textures for an aircraft I haven't encountered yet...

I'll check out the sound driver thing. It's definitely not issues with my joystick(G940), as I have no issues in any other games and nothing is programmed for Cliffs of Dover.

Soooo frustrating!

Mysticpuma
Jan-16-2014, 13:15
I wonder if this is down to the Ai speech? One of things I do is disable the environmental speech as when the samples load I got a small stutter. Usually the voices are just inane banter so.Iiss nothing by disabling them and also I consider radio silence as good discipline.
The thing is if it's when you hit the trigger it could be the Ai chatter loading to say shoot him or good shot, etc, etc.

May be worth a try disabling the speech?

Cheers, MP

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 15:40
I wonder if this is down to the Ai speech? One of things I do is disable the environmental speech as when the samples load I got a small stutter. Usually the voices are just inane banter so.Iiss nothing by disabling them and also I consider radio silence as good discipline.
The thing is if it's when you hit the trigger it could be the Ai chatter loading to say shoot him or good shot, etc, etc.

May be worth a try disabling the speech?

Cheers, MP

Tried that already. I just tested with crossfire off, using a single card... No freezes or stutters. It's definitely a crossfire issue as I've suspected :(...

Continu0
Jan-16-2014, 15:52
Tried that already. I just tested with crossfire off, using a single card... No freezes or stutters. It's definitely a crossfire issue as I've suspected :(...

have you done that?

http://roadczar.com/th10/?p=421

Irongull
Jan-16-2014, 16:21
have you done that?

http://roadczar.com/th10/?p=421

I have identified the current issue with my crossfire setup(A big thanks to No.64_Looky for the tip). It turns out that the recent frame pacing option AMD has added in their latest drivers is causing all the freezing/stutter problems in game. Anyone having stutter/freezing issues with their crossfire setup need to turn off this option in your CCC.

That was so frustrating. Thanks to all for trying to help identify the issue. I can fly in peace now (minus the ugly white line on the LAND SHADING option set to MAXIMUM :P).

Time to kill! :D... S~