PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday Update - January 17th 2014 - Video showcase of new features ;)

Mysticpuma
Jan-17-2014, 08:17
Team Fusion update January 17th 2014 - v401 is in sight!

Okay, I can hear a collective groan around the thread as you turn up to read about the lack of release for v4.01. The story so-far.....

Actually, have a bit of video to see why we are a little delayed in the 'quick patch' release. Hopefully this will explain why the 'small' fix is taking a little longer than expected?

https://vimeo.com/84343913

https://vimeo.com/84343913

So as you can see we haven't just tweaked a couple of features, there are many tweaks and some new features included that were originally likely not to arrive until v5.00

At this moment in time our team of Beta testers is going through testing of the aircraft to hopefully make sure all figures, effects, performance, etc, etc is as close as we can get to perfect (of-course someone will quote Eric Brown!) so that the performance will be as solid as possible until v5.00

The Release Candidate has already gone through it's third revision and most likely there will be one more as some features that nearly made RC v4.00c (beta) arrived too late to add one of which is the Dynamic Campaign generator.

Now regarding v4.01 and the AI.

Buzzsaw posted the following regarding v4.01 and the Ai setings:

"TF 4.0 had AI elevators modeled with the modified high speed changes which were developed for more realism with player controlled aircraft. Because of the fact the AI were not able to cope with those changes and lawndarting became completely overdone, we have therefore reverted the TF 4.01 AI elevator control back to vanilla. This will see the Ai less likely to Lawndart.

If you select 'Default' values for your AI aircraft, (rookie, average, veteran or Ace) then save the mission and then close the game and open the mission file, you can edit in the following values and they will give your AI much better surviveability:

Rookie: 1 0.47 0.21 0.053 0.053 0.21 0.053 0.053
Average: 1 1 0.74 0.21 0.11 0.74 0.11 0.32
Veteran: 1 1 0.74 0.21 0.21 0.74 0.32 0.32
Ace: 1 1 1 1 1 1 0.89 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above leads me on to current work in progress for v5.00

This is, as we have said is going to be a big step forward. Not only will be be moving into a new Theatre (as-well as still working on the BoB) but we are now able, thanks to our 3D and coding gurus, to export and import models into CloD including aircraft. Currently the Team are looking at various models and cockpits to include in the new theatre. In previous updates and also on various forums we have asked if there are any members of the community who have skill and talent they think we would be able to use. With the ability now to import and export Meshes/Models we'd like to extend that offer to anyone interested in joining the team with a good knowledge of 3D Max and model making. Currently we do not intend to release the tools for this process out to the general community as we have plans for the future direction of our Patches and this isn't currently something we want to deviate from. However, if you have the above mentioned skills and would like to offer your services to the Team, then please get in touch

With that in mind we have requested anyone with coding/hacking skills (machine code required (no need for Java or C++ C#)) to send us a PM and possibly come on board. Things are as you can appreciate now set to move at a much more sustained pace with the utilisation of these tools ;)

Moving on, another feature we are very keen to revise in v5.00 is the Ai. Currently it is not that good in comparison to the old IL2:1946 (after many revisions and TD/HSFX awesome work).

This is a tough feature to get working properly but we are actively looking at extracting the Ai commands and routines so that they can be completely re-written (and radio commands!) so they all actually work :) We have a couple of new Team Fusion members who hopefully (if we can extract that data) will be perfect for reworking the Ai. Currently that process is not expected to be ready (if at-all) until at-least v5.00....but it is something the offliners have yearned for and it will be great if we really can get into that area of the code and bring the Ai out of it's coma and make battles as entertaining as they should be offline.

Personally as an offliner, I am very keen to see this too! I'm crossing my fingers for that bad boy to happen! ;)

Finally I did say that the video would be released close to v4.01 going live. I personally made the decision to get the video out so you can see what we are working on and what to expect. There are many more features not touched in the video and these will be listed in the readme not long from now. I can hear a collective sigh of "he hasn't mentioned a time again". The thing is, we really are (hopefully ) in the final release candidate testing phase. This will most likely take another week. After that we will have the final compile, a final mass online test (to make sure there are no code/netcode bugs that sneaked through) and then the readme will be released. This will be online in the same week we intend to launch v4.01, so if you see it...it's not too-far away from launch.

Looking at the last paragraph, realistically we may be looking at 2-4 weeks. Hopefully, that should help to give you a timeline to release:

So, there you go chaps....another Friday update done. Keep reading the forums...not long now ;)

Cheers, MP/TF

Vlerkies
Jan-17-2014, 08:31
Cool thx MP +Team

:salute:

Continu0
Jan-17-2014, 08:35
That`s what makes me happy on a friday:- )

A question tough: Will the AI still crash in 4.01 when settings are not changed? I think this is a big issue for players of desastersoft campaigns, so it would be nice to know if you could correct this.

Be that as it may, it all looks and sounds (!) like a very bright future thanks to you!

dburne
Jan-17-2014, 08:37
Sounding and looking great Mystic, thanks for keeping us in the loop!
And like you, as an offliner I am very much excited about the future patches.

LcSummers
Jan-17-2014, 08:38
Thankx MP,

great to see these information and the vid. Cant believe it RADIO commands. This frustrated me since the original release.

Great, cant wait to have/give orders offline. Fantastic!!"!!

9./JG52_J-HAT
Jan-17-2014, 08:41
Nice video, thanks! The last minutes with the bailing out sequence really made me smile. Very nice! And the lights being corrected in teh 109, great! And the new bump mapping, and the AI corrections, and useful bomber gunners and and and! Great!

ATAG_Septic
Jan-17-2014, 08:43
Another great video MP! :thumbsup:

Septic.:salute:

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-17-2014, 08:44
Is it bad that I have a hard on? :P

Take your time, as the Greek philosopher Plato once said,

"For those pilots who wait for good things from TF, you shall receive them in due time."

Or something like that. Not knowing just ups the drama, I feel like a kid again waiting for xmas, not knowing about a lot of it just makes me ripe with anticipation.

Awesome work, video, everything. I wish I wasn't a caveman when it comes to modeling and coding. I do have a decent amount of time in academia working with photoshop so if you need anything small done in that department I could lend a hand.

Hope that the rearm/refuel option is there for MP! I am pretty easy to please.

Mysticpuma
Jan-17-2014, 08:51
Anyone stayed until after the credits yet ;)

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-17-2014, 08:58

Soundbank baby... soundbank.

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-17-2014, 09:10

Hell no -- I dove under my chair when I heard air raid sirens! :getaway::hide:

You guys truly are "Keeping the Dream Alive".

Great video, great update. Thanks MP. Thanks Team Fusion! :thumbsup:

:)

ATAG_Colander
Jan-17-2014, 09:13
Just a word about AI...
In 4.01 what has been done is eliminate the effects of the control surfaces stiffness changes introduced in 4.0 for the AI only. In other words, AI will behave like before 4.0 but non AI planes will not.

Deeper changes to the AI will need a lot of time, hence, they are planned for 5.0.

Continu0
Jan-17-2014, 09:29
Just a word about AI...
In 4.01 what has been done is eliminate the effects of the control surfaces stiffness changes introduced in 4.0 for the AI only. In other words, AI will behave like before 4.0 but non AI planes will not.

Deeper changes to the AI will need a lot of time, hence, they are planned for 5.0.

Which should be good news for Desastersoft-Players, right?

And yes MP, those Sirens are BOMB-astic!

ATAG_Naz
Jan-17-2014, 09:32
Fantastic update! Thanks a lot fellas, can't wait for 4.1 and 5.0 !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::salute:

ATAG_Colander
Jan-17-2014, 09:34
Which should be good news for Desastersoft-Players, right?

Right. The lawndarting will be reduced.

Continu0
Jan-17-2014, 09:35
Right. The lawndarting will be reduced.

Great! I`m not playing those campaigns, but I know a whole bunch of people who will really appreciate this "fix"!

II./JG1_Baron
Jan-17-2014, 09:35
Looks fantastic.... :bravo:Cant wait for 4.01 and 5.0 :smash:

DUI
Jan-17-2014, 09:38
Nice, sweet, great news and a great video! With so many new features and improvements the patch version should deserve to be called TF 4.5! :salute:

I am especially looking forward to seeing the improved gunner skills of the bombers. I consider it to be a very tricky challenge for you to make the gunners' skills feel realistic. On the one hand they should be hitting much more than they do now (especially indianers approaching from their six), on the other they also should not become devastating snipers.

I was sure to have read somewhere in a recent post of Buzzaw(?) that the handling of the gunner position will also be more comfortable for players - or was I dreaming? :sleep:
Edit: Found it (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7820&p=86439&viewfull=1#post86439): By the way, you bomber buffs will be happy with TF 4.01's changes, they increase the effectiveness of AI gunners, and allow players who jump into a gunner's position a better opportunity to hit attacking fighters.

About the animated pilots: Is it "only" some standard-animations or will the pilots also look in the direction the player is looking?

About the communicated release expectations we started with something like very close after 4.00, to before Christmas, between Christmas or right after New Year to February now. But to be honest as a MP player I do not really care much. As there are no annoying bugs and as you already brought CloD on a very enjoyable level I see it the "the more new features the better" way. I only feel a bit sorry for the SP players who can't enjoy the latest patch or the new SP players that might not give CloD a second chance.

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-17-2014, 09:42
I am stunned that every time I see a new video of this work that it is so good....It keeps getting better...I am very appreciative of all the hard graft going on here...and amazed...Big Thank You...

I can hear a collective sigh of "he hasn't mentioned a time again".

I really believe that stuff like this shouldn't be pressured to deadlines from a community....I for one will never ask for a time of release and cringe when I see others do so....

Well I certainly got a twitch when I saw your avatar!!!

Mysticpuma
Jan-17-2014, 09:49
Hi DUI, thanks for the reply (and of course everyone else).

"About the animated pilots: Is it "only" some standard-animations or will the pilots also look in the direction the player is looking?"

At the moment they are static, we have just managed to apply Ai animations to the player controlled aircraft. But, it is something that has been mentioned by our guys and may be.possible...but not for v4.01. Blimey, we have to save something for v5.00. :)

Also, regarding players giving CloD a second chance, I do think it is slowly happening as word spreads. I think the main hurdle we would like to cross is a player being able to install a Vanilla version and use an 'auto-updater' like HSFX does.

This is an ideal solution but not one we are at yet. This will.make it much easier for new and returning players to get to the current version.

So at the moment, v4.01 needs to be released and then maybe we can look at a v5.00 overhaul to update. But that's to be decided in the next few months, for now, v4.01 should keep everyone going until.then :)

Cheers, MP

Headshot
Jan-17-2014, 09:53
I've missed those Sirens.:recon:

DUI
Jan-17-2014, 09:55
Also, regarding players giving CloD a second chance, I do think it is slowly happening as word spreads.

I only was referring to SP players (which suffer from the current lawndarting issue). Every MP player that does not give TF CloD a second, third or even fourth chance is a... I won't say... :thumbsup:

Oersted
Jan-17-2014, 10:12
Spectacular movie, wauw! - I loved the tracers. And a lot of other things.... :)

Pitti
Jan-17-2014, 11:03
The video looks very promising! :)
I can't belive that we will finally have pilot head movement. I really missed this in CloD and never expected that it will be implemented. :thumbsup:

Edit: Now I've read the whole thread

At the moment they are static, we have just managed to apply Ai animations to the player controlled aircraft. But, it is something that has been mentioned by our guys and may be.possible...but not for v4.01. Blimey, we have to save something for v5.00. :)

Arggh.... okay, but I will keep my hope up that we maybe will get "real" head movement in a future release.

priller26
Jan-17-2014, 11:05
Nice, thanks, I hope it will address a buy many of us have, in the Me109 it seems, where the gunsight recitle and crosshairs disappear at the beginning of offline missions, then reappear, and freezes about a minute into the game, keeping my fingers crossed!

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jan-17-2014, 11:27
AI gunners, cool, including the 110s or just the bombers?

Osprey
Jan-17-2014, 11:50
It's really becoming a solid product here to stay. Well done TF and well done to our small community for seeing this through.

raymin
Jan-17-2014, 11:57
Having just seen todays video update, I am amazed on where Team Fusion are taking CLOD, Its fantastic.

Total respect to all involved and thank you!!! :salute::salute:

Raymin

Davis0079
Jan-17-2014, 13:13
IL-2 has long been considered by many to be the greatest flight sim ever...Clod was meant to carry on the torch...but it had a major studder-step in the beginning...but now...I mean..WoW...just "WOW"....Team Fusion has put the "IL-2" back in "Clod".....and to think your not even done yet...."RRAAAHHHHh", BANG*head explodes*.....

heinkill
Jan-17-2014, 13:36
AI gunners, cool, including the 110s or just the bombers?

Yes good question. Currently the Stuka and 110 gunners are less than useless and often don't even fire, would be great if fixed!

H

ATAG_Slot
Jan-17-2014, 13:45
Astounding work guys, can't wait for the update.
As an offline player anything to help the AI and those radio command bugs gratefully received.
Love the sirens.

Any new building models by any chance? e.g. Chichester/Canterbury Cathedral spire or even St Pauls?
Just a dream.

Wish i could help but not a clue when it comes to code.

TWC_SLAG
Jan-17-2014, 14:27
This sim just keeps getting better and better. What has been done by TF is amazing, and is a tribute to everyone concerned. I, too, smiled at the end of the video. But then, that has gotten to be a habit of mine each time TF gives us a look at what is coming.

Thanks,

badfinger

MB_Avro_UK
Jan-17-2014, 15:53
What's the Team's tipple? :thumbsup: Crate on way...

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Jan-17-2014, 16:42
well done! how much can you guys really improve this game?
how big are the plans? we know there is a patch after this one, but i mean how far can you go?

Mysticpuma
Jan-17-2014, 16:45
The only limit is our imagination...and historical accuracy of course ;)

ATAG_JTDawg
Jan-17-2014, 17:14
Great work !!!! :)

Faustnik
Jan-17-2014, 17:22
Thanks for all your work. :thumbsup:

Ctrl e
Jan-17-2014, 17:30
Love the bail out sequence. Amazing work.

Any chance of better engine sound for the Stuka?

No hints on next theatre?

Zisi
Jan-17-2014, 17:35
Awesome! I'm greatly looking forward to the next patch. Also if someday we get to a new theatre I think we really will need another atag server, nothing screams "alot has changed" than something like that. I imagine we will get flooded with players from 46 and other games at that point, on top of the really healthy growth we have had since the last release.

I'm really excited about the future of this sim, and constantly impressed at what you have been able to pull out of a game you don't even have the source to!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-17-2014, 18:37
Love the bail out sequence. Amazing work.

Any chance of better engine sound for the Stuka?

No hints on next theatre?

All the engine sounds are going to be tweaked for TF 5.0 as part of the huge set of sound revisions which will come with our new programmable soundbank. :salute:

Wulf
Jan-17-2014, 19:26

Umm .. gee ... where to start .... Well that kind of depends on what you're doing dude. I mean, I try not to judge and shit but, if your looking at pictures of kids or something - or farm animals ..... well, yeah, that would be considered "bad". :D

ShumannTheDog
Jan-17-2014, 20:36
Awesome job guys and thanks for the update.
S!

Jaws
Jan-17-2014, 23:25
Very nice.:) Thank you! :salute:

Is it me, or that reflection on the skins, introduced last patch, was toned down a bit? The planes looked awesome in the video.

Thank you guys.:salute:

jaydee
Jan-18-2014, 02:38
Thank you TF for all your effort ~S~

YoYo
Jan-18-2014, 02:48
Thx a lot for hard work!

Salmo
Jan-18-2014, 03:10
..... Any new building models by any chance? e.g. Chichester/Canterbury Cathedral ..... ? :thumbsup:

Flanker35M
Jan-18-2014, 04:55
S!

Looks good :thumbsup:

Kling
Jan-18-2014, 06:53
Very nice.:) Thank you! :salute:

Is it me, or that reflection on the skins, introduced last patch, was toned down a bit? The planes looked awesome in the video.

Thank you guys.:salute:

If you mean the "whitening" effect on the skins that had a tendancy to make planes look grey, then yes that has been sorted. Now planes have their correct color even during reflection. But not only that, every single uneven surface, rivet, patch of the skin is visble during reflection! It does look amazing and has, personally for me, made the look of Clod planes go from "ok" to "best i have seen in any flightsim" !

Mastiff
Jan-18-2014, 10:12
its about time getting rid of that bail out through the escape hatch in the bottom of the spit fires and 109's..

71st_AH_Eagle
Jan-18-2014, 10:45
I can't wait for this to be released. It's going to be epic. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-18-2014, 11:08
Absolutely stunning ! I too have missed the sirens at the airfields during those bombing raids. I also can't wait to man those AAA guns! You guys never fail to impress me! S! TF

Flyingblind
Jan-18-2014, 11:33
When you think 4.01 is basically supposed to be just a quick fix for the worse niggles found in 4.0 then the future does indeed look very bright and exciting.

Blitzen
Jan-18-2014, 11:55
I have a confession I am also one of those people who every week participates in the alpha( beta) updates & weekend play dates of new flight sim Battle of Stalingrad,which BTW is coming along slowly...:doh:Please don't ban me for mentioning this because I want to tell you that because of your previous efforts I relish coming back to the lush enviroment of Cliffs of Dover. You have made this a truly startling eye candy filled ,smooth running sim! I am really looking forward to the next patch & the one after that .The vid ROCKS!:thumbsup:

Affe
Jan-18-2014, 12:11
"Player controlled aircraft now has animated pilot" :thumbsup:

Affe
Jan-18-2014, 12:13
Very good job!

Jaws
Jan-18-2014, 12:21
If you mean the "whitening" effect on the skins that had a tendancy to make planes look grey, then yes that has been sorted. Now planes have their correct color even during reflection. But not only that, every single uneven surface, rivet, patch of the skin is visble during reflection! It does look amazing and has, personally for me, made the look of Clod planes go from "ok" to "best i have seen in any flightsim" !

Yep. that's what I meant. The planes look bloody awesome. :salute:

Taxman
Jan-18-2014, 12:27
I also am very impressed with the progress. Looking forward to the release of the 4.01:thumbsup:

Tettric
Jan-18-2014, 13:36
I love the way aircraft now seem to "bounce" rather than "wallow" on the ground, that and the animated Pilots! :)

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-18-2014, 14:06
In the current version, if you came in that steep and hard ..you would have been launched into the stratosphere.. or collapsed the landing gear. looks like they have done a great job in getting the strut to work right. I'm sure it was damaged in that landing like it should be... but the bounce effect has been dramatically reduced and look amazing ! S!

sloakz
Jan-18-2014, 17:14
Wow! it looks just stunning, Really looking forward to this, thanks for your hard work guys :thumbsup:

Tvrdi
Jan-19-2014, 07:49
Now we see which sim will be a true IL2 46 successor. Fantastic work guys.

Archie
Jan-21-2014, 15:39
I think I could play this forever...

5./JG26_Krass
Feb-03-2014, 06:00
I'm not one for posting on forums.. but in this case I'm going to make a very humble exception.

I can only offer my sincere gratitude for the superb effort that has gone into these amazing patches. My hat is doffed, my glass filled and raised, here's to Team Fusion..long may they reign :thumbsup: