PDA

View Full Version : An inquiry on plane skins for the online missions...

Irongull
Jan-17-2014, 19:37
I have a couple questions on the server settings for plane skins and how they work...

1) Are the skins forced for all other players in the server? I noticed a couple times that I can see my skin as whatever I set it to, but everyone else seems to have some kind of default... On that note, are they only forced on some missions/all missions?

2) Is there a way for me to have my skin set to the current missions default? Is it all automatic?

Also, a couple side questions if anyone knows...

I flew one mission when the stats were reset and had successfully RTB'd to a friendly airbase and then exited the server... On my stats for that one missions, it said I had 1 death for that one mission. Is there a proper exit procedure for that not to happen? What does the alt + F2 to exit your plane while stopped do? Is that the proper way to leave the plane? I'm not really a 'stat wh0re' but I'm interested to know accurately how I've been doing sometimes...

Thanks in advance for any input...

- Grant 'Irongull' Hamilton

9./JG52_J-HAT
Jan-18-2014, 10:49
Hey Irongull,

Skins on the ATAG server are off. You can still select your own and see it, but everyone else will have the same default skin related to a specific plane type.
It is a server side option, so there is nothing you can do. However, there are servers that allow it. My experience is, everytime someone spawns in with a new skin I don't have cached, I get a pause for 2 seconds. I think it is related to that, as it was the only variable.

To exit your plane, land, come to a complete stop and turn off fuel cock so your engine stops. You will get a message from the server telling you you landed back at base, landed safely etc. There are slight variations of the same thing.
Then just hit Esc, select the base you want to spawn at again and create a new plane.

Irongull
Jan-19-2014, 15:29
Hey Irongull,

Skins on the ATAG server are off. You can still select your own and see it, but everyone else will have the same default skin related to a specific plane type.
It is a server side option, so there is nothing you can do. However, there are servers that allow it. My experience is, everytime someone spawns in with a new skin I don't have cached, I get a pause for 2 seconds. I think it is related to that, as it was the only variable.

To exit your plane, land, come to a complete stop and turn off fuel cock so your engine stops. You will get a message from the server telling you you landed back at base, landed safely etc. There are slight variations of the same thing.
Then just hit Esc, select the base you want to spawn at again and create a new plane.

Well, basically I want to match the default skin the mission uses so I can view it on my plane from the cockpit. I can't just set it to the default mission skin as the default 109 skin is different from the default mission skins I believe(Or does the default option use whatever the mission's running?), and I'm not sure which skins the missions are using(Like the mission with the yellow wingtips on the 109).

I did and always exit like that, got the message and exited the server and this is what I got out of it...

Are the stats bugged? Or not accurate? I always notice wacky stats... *shrugs* Also, when you're landed and stopped, is the Alt + f2 to release your plane to AI and have the outside view while you're parked safe to do for stats? (Note: I didn't do it for that landing + death stat)

Thanks in advance for any input...

~ Grant 'Irongull' Hamilton