PDA

View Full Version : S! from VA

Old_Canuck
Nov-22-2011, 14:47
Five VA members seen so far on ATAG. Don't think any of our squad has posted so here's a thank you on behalf of the squad for all the helpful tips from online players.

I've flown CFS 2 and IL 2 46 with a recent fun filled four years or so in VA squad.

With all the launcher crashes lately, I'm going to pull up a chair beside one of the hangers and watch how it sorts itself out. Just not worth it right now. From what I hear it's a Steam related problem.

Salute and see you online again someday.

OC

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-22-2011, 19:42
:dthumb:

Just to piggy-back off of OC's thread, thank you ATAG for a great server! I've been having so much fun in CloD. Everyone on the server has been so helpful in teaching me the little things regarding CloD I can finally fly it!

:salute:

Deacon

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-23-2011, 14:45
Hi fellas!

It's been a pleasure meeting you both on coms. There will definitely be some fun times ahead :thumbsup:

@ Old_Canuck - Although it's disappointing to have to do this, the best way to limit your crashing is to completely shut down the game after every sortie. Keller, amongst quite a few others have been doing this for a while now and rarely has a launcher crash now.

The best thing to do is, after you've landed, shut down the game, go into the Documents/1cSoft/IL2COD folder and delete the entire cache folder. Then restart the game and fly your sortie. I know how frustrating it can be getting those crashes. Just imagine spending an hour in the FMB to have the game crash and not save your work!

At the very least, by doing those steps, you should be able to get a full sortie in without much issue.

Old_Canuck
Nov-23-2011, 22:52
Thanks for the detailed reply, Bliss. This problem will no doubt be fixed in tIme but it's good to have an interim solution. Found a post by a WWII pilot in his late 80's who wanted help sorting out problems in CoD. Wanted to tell him about ATAG but there was no way to get his email address and registering on IGN to make a post was not happening :-)

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-24-2011, 16:58
Thanks for the detailed reply, Bliss. This problem will no doubt be fixed in tIme but it's good to have an interim solution. Found a post by a WWII pilot in his late 80's who wanted help sorting out problems in CoD. Wanted to tell him about ATAG but there was no way to get his email address and registering on IGN to make a post was not happening :-)

I think I'm registered over there already if I can be of any help, just PM me.

5./JG27Rudelmann
Nov-25-2011, 01:27
Hey guys! Welcome, how has it been back on Spits-vs-109s lately? Once I got my CoD sorted out, I never looked back. Miss seeing the old squads tho.

ATAG_Deacon
Nov-25-2011, 06:19
Hey guys! Welcome, how has it been back on Spits-vs-109s lately? Once I got my CoD sorted out, I never looked back. Miss seeing the old squads tho.

Not sure, going back to 1946 is like going from my Harley to a moped :scooter It's fun until your friends find out :laugh:

Old_Canuck
Nov-25-2011, 11:41
I think I'm registered over there already if I can be of any help, just PM me.

S! ChiefRedCloud: check PM :)

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-25-2011, 15:01
Message to Daniel sent ...... gave him the link for here and dropped your name ..... wasn't sure about the last, but anyway ..... Told him that we (here at ATAG) could help him.

Kling
Nov-29-2011, 23:04
And, hello from Kling!! :)

Watch out guys! When VA is getting organised slowly in this game, we will give the enemy a hard time! Just like the good old il2 1946 days! :)

Hoss
Nov-30-2011, 19:56
~S~

Thanks for a great server guys. Looking forward to flying with ya'll.