PDA

View Full Version : ATAG's Server Commander For Download

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-17-2014, 23:30
Hi all,

The ATAG Server Commander, made by Colander, has kept our Clod servers running flawlessly, and more importantly, without the need to babysit them.

The initial idea was to make this tool a true commander, being able to edit missions on the fly, set up objectives, etc., all within the commander. It was 1/2 way there to being finalized but was never actually finished. But what ATAG's Commander does, is keep your server running 24/7 regardless of steam errors / maintenance events, and allows you to rotate your missions. All of the ATAG missions use a killprocess command within the script to shutdown the launcher. This is also how the ATAG commander rotates missions. This keeps your server fresh, and keeps steam connection errors a thing of the past.

I've attached a sample mission to show those new to mission building how you can have an objective based mission, that will score objectives in script for server rotation. This mission will also end after a certain amount of time has been exceeded. This mission will allow you to see how to spawn AI and also send individual messages to the red and blue team under certain events. I've also attached a simple batch file to show you how to have server messages on your server after a certain amount of time. But enough of that.

So with that said, lets get on with how to use it. :thumbsup:

1st step is to simply place the commander anywhere you like. Desktop is a nice spot :D

So now that you have started the program, click on the Setup window. This will open another screen and this is the main screen in setting up the ATAG commander to work for you.

Once inside the setup screen, 1st step is to click on "Set Launcher Path". Just like it says, this is looking for the launcher.exe of IL2 Cliffs of Dover. The launcher.exe is typically found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"

2nd step is click on the "Set Steam Path" And again, just like the title says, you need to set your path to the steam application. Steam.exe is typically found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"

Now that those 2 steps are done, you also have a choice to have click on the "Launcher Pre-mission Commands" button. This section is used for external settings that you can customize in your server. For instance, you can set server dotpitch (dot range) here, or load a batch file that gives your server scrolling messages. The batch file must be placed in your "Documents/1cSoftClub/IL2 Cliffs of Dover - MOD" folder. You know it's the right spot when your batch file is in the same file location as your config.ini

Steam parameters is a nice feature for those that are familiar with some of the steam internal commands. By default the -silent command has already been placed. -silent makes sure that there will be no steam popup windows ever on your desktop. With a dedicated machine, this is important as there is generally no GPU in a dedicated server. The last thing you want is to have your CPU cycles being wasted rendering useless game ads or popups. One thing I do add to the steam parameter section is also the -high command. The -high command forces Il2 Cliffs of Dover to run in a high priority state.

Launcher Parameters - This section within the setup should not be messed with. There is no need to change anything here.

Restart Steam after - This section will restart the steam app for you after so many missions have been cycled. This is here more or less because of how the early game reacted to steam, but regardless, is a nice feature that keeps steam current. Again, with this feature, the default setting is fine.

Restart game after - This section will reload the server if the commander sees the Launcher.exe process has been terminated, see's the commander is unable to connect to a launcher program, or never sees that a mission is fully loaded. Essentially, the commander is checking to make sure your mission has been loaded properly. When a mission is loaded, the console tells you it is loaded. So decreasing this time could actually hinder you from ever playing your mission depending on the size of the mission and how long your mission takes to load. I would leave this setting at the default 30 seconds and only increase the time depending on time to load your missions. Again, if this time is set to low, the commander may think your mission is not loading properly and will terminate the launcher and rotate to the next mission all simply because you did not give the commander enough time to properly load the mission in the 1st place.

Here's some basic screen shots of the ATAG server commander with the setup screen and the launcher Pre-mission Commands text window open.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/203/axl6.png (https://imageshack.com/i/5naxl6p)

If you're at this point, you are very close to firing up the ATAG commander and loading your missions. All you need to do now is click on the Missions tab in the ATAG commander and "add" your missions. Your missions should be saved in your "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Multi\Dogfight" folder. You can keep adding missions and use the up and down arrow keys to place in what order of rotation you would like. You can use the same mission in the list of rotating missions as many times as you like. Also, you can right click on a mission within the ATAG commander mission list and can do a "Set as Next". This will make your mission you have selected next in the rotation. Instead of the current order in the program.

So now that you have your setup all done and your missions selected, you're finally ready to run start the commander. Simply click on the Start Watchdog button and your server, steam, and mission should all be up and running within a few seconds.

Here's a screen shot of how a loaded mission looks like:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/20/1ctb.png (https://imageshack.com/i/0k1ctbp)

And here's what you will see in your console box, as an example, when your batch file loads with streaming server messages:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/31/cnak.png (https://imageshack.com/i/0vcnakp)

And now your mission is running! Depending on your firewall setup your server may or may not be accessible from the server list.

So those of you thinking about setting up your own servers, this should get you on easy street for Cliffs of Dover. Hopefully this will further spark the community to get more people involved.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Bliss:salute:

Salmo
Jan-18-2014, 02:07
Outstanding

Many thanks to ATAG & Colander for making this available. :thumbsup:

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jan-18-2014, 06:15
:thumbsup:

9./JG52_J-HAT
Jan-18-2014, 06:43
Nice job!

SoW Reddog
Jan-18-2014, 07:43
Cool. Thanks for releasing this.

Am I right in thinking that I can't run this, AND connect to the server myself from the same box? I'd need two different steam accounts and installs?

AKA_Recon
Jan-18-2014, 08:02
Great news - thanks team.

My favorite part "All of the ATAG missions use a killprocess command within the script to shutdown the launcher. This is also how the ATAG commander rotates missions. This keeps your server fresh, and keeps steam connection errors a thing of the past. "

:thumbsup:

450caveman
Jan-18-2014, 08:34
I have been running a server fro some time now for our group and it work fine just doesn't kill the actors when it rotates and have tried the commander with now success, now that you have made one that works great from what i can tell.

i have tried it on my machine and with no success, do i get rid of the server launcher and use the old launcher.exe and also how do i load the settings. because the old way i had to type in f setting.cm then load my maps????

I have got the stage of seeing the Dos screen with the server line but nothing after that and i have used your stock map to try it first.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 09:29
Cool. Thanks for releasing this.

Am I right in thinking that I can't run this, AND connect to the server myself from the same box? I'd need two different steam accounts and installs?

What you need is 2 game installs. The commander watches the launcher.exe process that you pointed it towards in the setup menu. If it sees 2 launcher.exe processes running out of the same location, it thinks there's an error and shuts it self down and restarts itself. So if you have the commander pointed towards launcher.exe in one game install, the game you then play on needs to be from a separate install with a separate launcher.exe. Also, the commander needs to be ran 1st before launching the game as a client.

i have tried it on my machine and with no success, do i get rid of the server launcher and use the old launcher.exe and also how do i load the settings. because the old way i had to type in f setting.cm then load my maps????

Did you read the instructions? Who said anything about a server launcher? In setup, just point your launcher.exe and steam.exe paths as stated above. Also, the confs.ini (your server config) is the only file you need to be worried about. Your settings that you used to do manually by typing f setting.cmd is not needed. That's why, if you look at the instructions above, there is a setup menu function where you can load your server settings and also any number of batch files built into the commander.

As far as rotating a mission, this is why I included the sample mission and also said we script in a killprocess.

For example. This simple addition to your script will kill the server in 6 hours. You can set the ticktime (timeleft in a mission) to w/e your liking.

public override void OnTickGame()
{

if (Time.tickCounter() == 720000)// Out of time.
{
Timeout(10, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "The match ends in a tie! Objectives still left for both sides!!!", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("The match ends in a tie! Objectives still left for both sides!!!");
});
Timeout(30, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Mission is restarting soon!!!", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Mission is restarting soon!!!");
});
Timeout(60, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Server Restarting in 1 minute!!!", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Server Restarting in 1 minute!!!");
});
Timeout(120, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Mission ended. Please wait 2 minutes to reconnect!!!", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Mission ended. Please wait 2 minutes to reconnect!!!");
});
Timeout(125, () =>
{
Process.GetCurrentProcess().Kill();
});
}

}

}

I have got the stage of seeing the Dos screen with the server line but nothing after that and i have used your stock map to try it first.

Then it sounds like you haven't setup your missions yet. If you have your launcher and steam path set, point the commander to a mission, and click on the Start Watchdog button, your mission will load. If you only see the Dos screen with nothing inside of it, then you haven't setup any mission in the mission tab of the commander.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-18-2014, 09:35
Just so you have an idea where I was getting with this but never got the time to finish it:

All that (not working) functionality is not included in this version.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 09:36
Just so you have an idea where I was getting with this but never got the time to finish it:

All that (not working) functionality is not included in this version.

You bloody well better hurry on finishing that along with the 10000000000 other things you are doing :)

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6958&d=1390055696

fruitbat
Jan-18-2014, 16:40
Thank you very much for sharing this, its much appreciated :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 17:32
I have been running a server fro some time now for our group and it work fine just doesn't kill the actors when it rotates and have tried the commander with now success, now that you have made one that works great from what i can tell.

Caveman,

Did you get the commander to work properly?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 17:32
Thank you very much for sharing this, its much appreciated :thumbsup:

Pretty easy eh? :thumbsup:

450caveman
Jan-18-2014, 18:32
Hi Bliss, i did read the instructions to the letter and tried all ways to load your commander, this is the message i get Starting the
Sending Initial Commands...
Launcher Start
Sending common configuration commands
Sending: mp_dot range dot 25
Error Connecting to launcher.
Error Sending common configuration commands.
Closing Connection.

I run the launcher myself and can join your A Tag server fine. This machine is a stand alone SERVER i never have used it to play online, but i did this time to prove to myself that the launcher is working OK and it did.

Also there is only your map in my load screen and it is in the directory you stated????????

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 19:12
Hi Bliss, i did read the instructions to the letter and tried all ways to load your commander, this is the message i get Starting the
Launcher Start
Sending: mp_dot range dot 25
Error Connecting to launcher.
Closing Connection.

I run the launcher myself and can join your A Tag server fine. This machine is a stand alone SERVER i never have used it to play online, but i did this time to prove to myself that the launcher is working OK and it did.

Also there is only your map in my load screen and it is in the directory you stated????????

Hi caveman,

"Error connecting to launcher" is the problem. Essentially that means that the commander is not talking to the launcher.exe. Usually that is fixed by changing the port number in the Setup screen of the commander. What port are you using now? By default it should be set at 20000.

AKA_Scorp
Jan-18-2014, 21:29
Is there a chat line, something like - "Powered by ATAG's Server Commander", that you would like us to include when the server is running? It's seems the least we can do to recognize the work done.

Thanks for sharing.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 21:47
Is there a chat line, something like - "Powered by ATAG's Server Commander", that you would like us to include when the server is running? It's seems the least we can do to recognize the work done.

Thanks for sharing.

Hello Scorp - Thanks for the gesture, but no need. The entire point is to get more people up to speed quickly and easily. More servers and more variety should equal more players all around. Hopefully we'll get more people and more groups in the game because of it :salute:

Rummy63
Jan-19-2014, 00:49
Much appreciated. Friend is just completing building a rig for a dedicated server. The news of your dedicated server utility is timely indeed. Thank-you.

Salmo
Jan-19-2014, 03:54
So 2 copies of COD are needed to run a on-line server & play the game from the same box. This is different to how I manage the game at the moment. Steam is quite happy to have access from the same laucher.exe via a server & a player steam account.

Now to make a second game copy, do I need to copy my F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder & rename it (say) F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (player) folder. The point my game-start shortcut to the second (player folder) laucher.exe? I presume that any game patch updates, I'll have to run twice; once over the original install & again over the player instal?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-19-2014, 06:52
So 2 copies of COD are needed to run a on-line server & play the game from the same box. This is different to how I manage the game at the moment. Steam is quite happy to have access from the same laucher.exe via a server & a player steam account.

Now to make a second game copy, do I need to copy my F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder & rename it (say) F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (player) folder. The point my game-start shortcut to the second (player folder) laucher.exe? I presume that any game patch updates, I'll have to run twice; once over the original install & again over the player instal?

Hi Salmo - All you have to do is copy your "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" folder and paste it somewhere else. What I've done is made a new folder called "Games" under the C: drive and pasted it there from the earlier copy of the IL2 folder. There is no reason to change the name unless you simply want both IL2 folders in the same exact location. But the point is, whatever version you use for the commander, you don't use as a player, or if you do as a player, you are not running the commander at the same time.

Think about how many different game installs you have for the current mod, then the current beta etc. It's the same principle. And yes, if there's a new TF patch you'll need to apply that to both IL2 Cliffs of Dover locations. You do not need to worry about the documents IL2 folder though. One documents/1Csoftclub/IL2 - MOD folder will work for as many different installs as you want.

You're right in the fact that you can run your own server and be on the same launcher.exe without the commander, but the commander is watching the particular launcher.exe you assigned to it. If it sees it running twice, the commander will kill the process and start over. It's designed that way so regardless of steam errors/maintenance events, or even if the server's launcher.exe crashed, it will see what is going on and make sure the server is always running.

OBT~Mikmak
Jan-19-2014, 12:37
Oh yes, it's exactly what i looked for !!
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!
I have tested "Clod Watchdog" with success, it's really a step forward for begginers in server creation :thumbsup:

Salmo
Jan-19-2014, 17:29
... Think about how many different game installs you have for the current mod, then the current beta etc. It's the same principle. ...

Thanks Bliss,
The reason I asked is that I have just one game install& use JGSME to switch the various maddox.ddl's & kegetys.dll's in & out as needed depending upon which game/mod version I'm working on. So I've never actually had multiple installs previously.

fruitbat
Jan-19-2014, 19:36
Have it all up and running, great job, very useful and easy to use :thumbsup:

Thanks for the demo mission as well, its been very helpful to take a close look at it.

Now to build some more missions lol.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-19-2014, 23:14
Oh yes, it's exactly what i looked for !!
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!
I have tested "Clod Watchdog" with success, it's really a step forward for begginers in server creation :thumbsup:

Good news! Glad it helped you out :thumbsup:

Thanks Bliss,
The reason I asked is that I have just one game install& use JGSME to switch the various maddox.ddl's & kegetys.dll's in & out as needed depending upon which game/mod version I'm working on. So I've never actually had multiple installs previously.

Ahh, I didn't even think of JGSME. I just have a whole bunch of installs all over my hard drive :D

Have it all up and running, great job, very useful and easy to use :thumbsup:

Thanks for the demo mission as well, its been very helpful to take a close look at it.

Now to build some more missions lol.

Good deal. It should keep it running for months/years/decades on end :D Glad it helped.

SoW Reddog
Jan-20-2014, 08:40
So if I copy the files to another location and have 2 launcher.exes, do I still need 2 steam accounts?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-20-2014, 11:31
Nope. Just one account is all that's needed.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-20-2014, 11:34
FYI, for a dedicated server, the steam account running it doesn't even need to own the game.
You can use a generic account but will need an account with the game to install it and verify it (if ever needed).

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-22-2014, 03:46
Wow, I wish I had even quarter of the talent Colander has with programming.

Thanks so much for this. Its has so many uses and its quick than setting up a single player mission.

Regards.

450caveman
Jan-22-2014, 07:24
Hi Bliss,

I got the launcher to work but now have a new problem when loading your map?? see below

Sending:
Connected.
Sent:

Command succesfull.
Closing Connection
Loading Mission...
Launcher Mission Start
Sending:
missLoad "C:\Users\450\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Multi\Dogfight\RadarMission\RadarsEar ly.mis"

Connected.
Sent:
missLoad "C:\Users\450\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Multi\Dogfight\RadarMission\RadarsEar ly.mis"

Waiting for: "Mission loaded."
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Generic Error Called
Sent
Closing Connection

let me know what it is doing thank you.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-22-2014, 20:56
Hi Caveman,

I've seen that error before and am trying to remember exactly what the problem was. I'm away from home this week so I can't test to try to duplicate it. But if I remember right, I believe the issue is that you are trying to load a mission file from the documents/1CsoftClub version that doesn't coincide with the version of the launcher.exe. What I mean by that is if you have vanilla (non-modded) clod as your launcher.exe but are trying to load your mission from the documents/1csoftclub/il2-mod folder instead of the non modded folder or vice versa. Again, I'm just doing this from memory, but I think that's what the issue is.

Please let me know.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-22-2014, 21:14
It is timing out waiting for the "mission loaded" message from the server.
Try loading the mission by hand, maybe is taking forever to load, maybe there's an error on it or something that is making the server never finish loading.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-22-2014, 21:18
It is timing out waiting for the "mission loaded" message from the server.
Try loading the mission by hand, maybe is taking forever to load, maybe there's an error on it or something that is making the server never finish loading.

That's the same error I was getting when I sent you all those PMs when I was first writing this all up. (I finally figured it out though) :D

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-22-2014, 22:13
I had an issue with running an IL2 "Server" folder on an external hard-drive. The Commander would keep resetting the mission every-time I tried to start the actual game from steam.

Now I know there are not many people quite as crazy as me trying to run a server from a USB2.0 External, but if you are then it's worth moving the server folder to a normal internal drive if you encounter any issues.

:salute:

450caveman
Jan-23-2014, 06:51
Hi Bliss,

found the problem i had to do a re-setup, it loaded a new cod in documents so i put the missions in there and all work like a dream thank you for your help.

I do have one other issue i have looked at my setting file and they all seem right but when we get into the server to fly we have icons on and no engine management, how do i check the setting or is there a special way i have to load them?????

Regards
450caveman

FS~Fenice_1965
Jan-23-2014, 07:59
~S~ Bliss great addiction,
this may be a huge step forward in CLOD popularity.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-23-2014, 09:03
Hi Bliss,

found the problem i had to do a re-setup, it loaded a new cod in documents so i put the missions in there and all work like a dream thank you for your help.

I do have one other issue i have looked at my setting file and they all seem right but when we get into the server to fly we have icons on and no engine management, how do i check the setting or is there a special way i have to load them?????

Regards
450caveman

You can add any command to be ran before the mission starts in "setup->pre-mission commands" button

Pato Salvaje
Jan-23-2014, 12:00
hell YEAH!!

I've missed this thread... thanks to Colander for the head's up!!!

Our server is going to ROARRRR :)

Thank you from Alas de Acero. :salute:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-23-2014, 23:33
Hi Bliss,

Regards
450caveman

You can do what Colander suggested, but another easy way to setup the correct realism settings is to launch the game and then start a server from within the game. Fill out all the fields (server name, realism settings etc.), then start the server. Exit the server. Exit the game. Then go to your documents/1csoftclub/IL2 / confs.ini (your server config for the game you just started the server on) and it should have all the fields filled out with the correct server settings in the realism lines. Then just copy and paste them over for your dedicated server's confs.ini.

The only real pre-commands you need are stuff like the server dot range or a load command to load a batch file with your server welcome messages. Of course you can add whatever you like in there, but the realism settings are already there in the confs.ini.

450caveman
Jan-27-2014, 06:09
OK thanks bliss got it to run just did what I used when i ran the server from DOS and now it run all settings fine the only trouble is this map run auto generated raids and was written by a Canadian flyer it launches raids every 20min or so but when i look at the script it does not seem to have any ending to it after the bombers take out the last radar station.

Any suggestion from my fellow flyers would be good as we run the for those of us who like to take on lot of German bombers, i also look at your test mission script and it has an ending time but this map we are using doesn't.

Regards
Caveman

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-27-2014, 11:35
OK thanks bliss got it to run just did what I used when i ran the server from DOS and now it run all settings fine the only trouble is this map run auto generated raids and was written by a Canadian flyer it launches raids every 20min or so but when i look at the script it does not seem to have any ending to it after the bombers take out the last radar station.

Any suggestion from my fellow flyers would be good as we run the for those of us who like to take on lot of German bombers, i also look at your test mission script and it has an ending time but this map we are using doesn't.

Regards
Caveman

Hi Caveman,

I can add you a mission ending time to the script of your mission if you like if you post up the .cs file of your mission. Just let me know how long you want before the server rotates to the next mission etc. It's just a simple copy and paste really to get an end timer in your mission for the commander.

450caveman
Jan-27-2014, 19:07
thanks Bliss, i looked at your demo map and could see your end timer at the end of your script and i have not done programming for about ten years was not game to copy and past yours into mine until i read up on the program language first, im at work but will send it to you on private message when i get home.

Pato Salvaje
Jan-29-2014, 12:49
Hi again...

I´m having more or less the same problem as Caveman.

What re-setup process did you do?

Here's my log report

Idle
**** Launcher Start ****
Starting
Launcher Start
Sending: f settings.cmd
Connected.
Sent: f settings.cmd

Command succesfull.
Closing Connection
Loading Mission...
Launcher Mission Start
Sending:
missLoad "C:\Users\AlasdeAcero\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Multi\Dogfight\RadarsEarly.mis"

Connected.
Sent:
missLoad "C:\Users\AlasdeAcero\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Multi\Dogfight\RadarsEarly.mis"

Command succesfull.
Sent
Closing Connection
Starting Battle...
Connected.
Sent: battle start

Waiting for: "Battle begins!"
No se puede escribir datos de en la conexión de transporte: Se produjo un error durante el intento de conexión ya que la parte conectada no respondió adecuadamente tras un periodo de tiempo, o bien se produjo un error en la conexión establecida ya que el host conectado no ha podido responder.
Generic Error Called
Closing Connection
*** Launcher Stop ***
Connecting...
Sending stop command...
Waiting for launcher to stop...
Launcher stopped
Failed to start!

I tryed to configure the missions from -mod folder and vanilla folder, but nothing changes... the server stops.

Any idea.:-)

ATAG_Colander
Jan-29-2014, 14:06
Pato,

Something I never worried about when writing the commander... Language!
When you start a mission manually, do you get a "Mission loaded" message or a "Misión cargada" (or however it was translated) ?

The reason I ask is because the commander is expecting the english text.

Pato Salvaje
Jan-29-2014, 14:28
Here´s my log when I launch server manually...

ATAG_Colander
Jan-29-2014, 14:43
Gracias Pato,

Strange, I don't see a "Battle begins" message from the server. This is what the commander is waiting for.

Colander.

FS~Fenice_1965
Jan-29-2014, 16:19
Is it possible to have two servers running on the same machine on the same time with two differents windows accounts?

ATAG_Colander
Jan-29-2014, 16:24
Is it possible to have two servers running on the same machine on the same time with two differents windows accounts?

Not with the commander. Is not designed for that.

FS~Fenice_1965
Jan-30-2014, 04:44
Nor with two copies of the commander ?
I mean:
1) install CLOD on a first windows account as user1 windows, with user1 Steam account.
2) Install commander within user1 windows account
3) run server 1.
4) Disconnect from user1.
5) enter windows with 2nd account (user2)
6) install CLOD with user2 STEAM account.
7) Install commander within user2 windows account
8) run server 2.
I ask because we share our server with another squad which is already running a CLOD server.
I think the problem is also related to the use of two different steam accounts on the same time on the same computer.
Has anyone tried to run two CLOD dedicated servers on the same machine ?
Thx in advance for any hints.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-30-2014, 08:55
Nor with two copies of the commander ?
I mean:
1) install CLOD on a first windows account as user1 windows, with user1 Steam account.
2) Install commander within user1 windows account
3) run server 1.
4) Disconnect from user1.
5) enter windows with 2nd account (user2)
6) install CLOD with user2 STEAM account.
7) Install commander within user2 windows account
8) run server 2.
I ask because we share our server with another squad which is already running a CLOD server.
I think the problem is also related to the use of two different steam accounts on the same time on the same computer.
Has anyone tried to run two CLOD dedicated servers on the same machine ?
Thx in advance for any hints.

Hi Fenice,

Back in the early days of Clod Repka used to run 3 servers all from the same machine. But the only way it was possible was to create 3 virtual operating systems going on at once to have 3 separate steam accounts. That is the problem here. The server itself acts as a client through steam unlike most steam games where servers don't actually require steam to even be running. So running 2 copies from one client won't work. It's like us users trying to start up 2 separate copies of the game side of Cliffs of Dover and play then at the same time. Steam doesn't like that :D

FS~Fenice_1965
Jan-30-2014, 13:00
Hi Bliss,
sigh...this is not a good news...

Pato Salvaje
Jan-30-2014, 14:50
Gracias Pato,

Strange, I don't see a "Battle begins" message from the server. This is what the commander is waiting for.

Colander.

Y ahora que hacemos Colander?... alguna idea?

What can we do?:(

ATAG_Colander
Jan-30-2014, 14:57

Not sure. Haven't seen a server that does not give that message after starting the mission :S

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-30-2014, 15:02

Pato - Make sure your mission is in the Documents/IL2 Cliffs of Dover - MOD folder and not just the Documents/IL2 Cliffs of Dover (vanilla game) folder. Once you've transferred your missions over, remove them from the Commander mission screen and then add them back to the commander screen by the "add" mission button in the commander.

Also, your game install needs to be on the same hard drive as your documents folder. So if Documents is on your C: drive, your game install for the server needs to be on the C: drive as well.

PS - Important - try using the attached mission and make sure that works before adding in your specific server commands. You might have a command in your batch file that is not needed or a command that is actually trying to duplicate what the server commander is doing in the first place. I understand when you manually start a mission you need battlestop and battlestart commands, but the commander does this for you.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-30-2014, 15:10

After looking at your attached screen shot:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7187&d=1391023625

You are adding battle stop within your "mission-1".cmd. You need to remove all those commands as they are already automatically done with the server. The only thing you should be adding for pre launcher commands is things like server dot pitch (dot range) and a batch file for scrolling messages. The realism settings should be all saved through the confs.ini in your Documents folder.

Pato Salvaje
Jan-31-2014, 17:27
OK Bliss...

My mission is in Documents/IL2 Cliffs of Dover - MOD folder, and is in the same hard drive than steam installation.
I tried with your test mission first, but same result.

I´ll clean my mission-1.cmd to avoid error messages... and I will change settings from batch file to confs.ini.
But I dont discard a complete reinstallation... I will be testing it next week... ;)

Pato Salvaje
Feb-20-2014, 04:33
Ok!!

Reinstalled all. Tested past week and this week... all gone ok!!:thumbsup:

Now all works!!:nw:

I Will be testing more possibilities of the system when I can (by now our server are hosting the HRCODWARII!! more than 60 pilots every week!! :go:

Colander... what about adding new characteristics to the commander?;)
Thank you very much!

DUI
Mar-03-2014, 07:20
In the new German section of the forum Old-Guennie (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8937&p=98100&viewfull=1#post98100) asked the following two questions. As I would expect most (all) of the Server Commander specialists to be here, maybe someone is able to help him. Roughly translated:

1. Under "missions" I entered the maps that I want to be started. The map duration is 180 minutes. But everytime only the first map is being run.

2. During the testing phase of the maps I would like to protect the server with a password. Where can I enter the password for a Dedic_Server?
I already added "PWD ?????" but without success.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-03-2014, 08:36
In the new German section of the forum Old-Guennie (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8937&p=98100&viewfull=1#post98100) asked the following two questions. As I would expect most (all) of the Server Commander specialists to be here, maybe someone is able to help him. Roughly translated:

1. Under "missions" I entered the maps that I want to be started. The map duration is 180 minutes. But everytime only the first map is being run.

2. During the testing phase of the maps I would like to protect the server with a password. Where can I enter the password for a Dedic_Server?
I already added "PWD ?????" but without success.

Hi DUI,

1.)If he started the commander with 1 map and then added another map to the list, only the 1st one will be seen by the commander. Simply close the commander and restart it to update the map list. Since the commander keeps missions and the server up, an easy way to test your rotation is by simply closing the launcher screen down (the upper right hand corner X) after your mission has loaded. Because the commander is designed to rotate missions upon the launcher closing (with the afforementioned process kill script in the OP) you can rotate and make sure all your maps and rotation are working by simply closing the launcher screen down as the next mission will automatically start on it's own.

Edit: Here's, at the very least, what he will need to add to his .cs (script file) to allow the commander to work properly. Essentially after 720000 ticks (6 hours in this case) the part in bold (process kill command) closes down launcher.exe which tells the commander to restart the server on to the next map. So he needs to make sure he also is using that big of code. But again, the easy way to test it's all working right is just to close the commander down and watch if it rotates to the next mission on it's own. Only takes a few seconds in between map changes. There's no point in waiting 6 hours or whatever the time is set to rotate to.

{

if (Time.tickCounter() == 720000)// Out of time. 720000 = 6 Hours
{
Timeout(10, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "The match ends in a tie! Objectives still left for both sides!!!", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("The match ends in a tie! Objectives still left for both sides!!!");
});
Timeout(30, () =>
{
});
Timeout(60, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Server Restarting in 1 minute!!!", new object[] { });
});
Timeout(120, () =>
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Mission ended. Please wait 2 minutes to reconnect!!!", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter("Mission ended. Please wait 2 minutes to reconnect!!!");
});
Timeout(125, () =>
{
});
}

}

}

2.) In order to use a password you can either go into the launcher.exe properties and add the bolded bit. ""C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -server -pwd yourpassword" Or you can just go to the bit that's built into the commander where you add the -server -silent commands. But essentially -pwd password (-pwd followed by the password you want to use) will make it work.

Old-Guenni
Mar-03-2014, 09:19
hi Bliss
Thanks for the quick reply, I will test it on the Server. :thumbsup:

regards
Old-Guenni

fruitbat
Mar-20-2014, 17:34
Hi guys, i'm having a problem with this since i updated the server, i am getting the message

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Generic Error Called
Closing Connection

in the log in mission commander.

I can see the server is starting, and the mission starts loading, but before it can load the server commander closes the launcher down after the above error is displayed in the server commander.

Any ideas?

Just to add, i can start the server manually with no problems.

cheers fruitbat

ATAG_Colander
Mar-20-2014, 18:49
Hi guys, i'm having a problem with this since i updated the server, i am getting the message

in the log in mission commander.

I can see the server is starting, and the mission starts loading, but before it can load the server commander closes the launcher down after the above error is displayed in the server commander.

Any ideas?

Just to add, i can start the server manually with no problems.

cheers fruitbat

Make sure the TCP port in the confs.ini and in the commander match.
Also, you might have some firewall blocking it.

DUI
Mar-21-2014, 17:07
Two questions from a server administrator squadron mate:

Are there plans to further develop the Server Commander? Is it the same version that you use on ATAG?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-21-2014, 17:08
Two questions from a server administrator squadron mate:

Are there plans to further develop the Server Commander? Is it the same version that you use on ATAG?

No and Yes.

fruitbat
Mar-23-2014, 13:20
Make sure the TCP port in the confs.ini and in the commander match.
Also, you might have some firewall blocking it.

Got it working, thanks.

Highwayman-Ed
Apr-02-2014, 08:48
You can do what Colander suggested, but another easy way to setup the correct realism settings is to launch the game and then start a server from within the game. Fill out all the fields (server name, realism settings etc.), then start the server. Exit the server. Exit the game. Then go to your documents/1csoftclub/IL2 / confs.ini (your server config for the game you just started the server on) and it should have all the fields filled out with the correct server settings in the realism lines. Then just copy and paste them over for your dedicated server's confs.ini.

The only real pre-commands you need are stuff like the server dot range or a load command to load a batch file with your server welcome messages. Of course you can add whatever you like in there, but the realism settings are already there in the confs.ini.

Hey guys, I've just setup a new dedicated server, but I'm having the same issue with the realism settings. I've started a server in game manually, set all of the options and everything is OK, After exiting the server however, the confs.ini in the 1C SoftClub\IL-2 - MOD directory isn't being updated, but parts of the conf.ini are (ServerName for example, but I don't see any difficulty settings). The confs.ini is being by the Server Commander when starting...

- update
I found the difficulty setting in the confuser.ini and copied that into the confs.ini and the realism settings are now as required

72sq_Savinio
May-13-2014, 03:32
Hi all and many thanks to all ATAG for the great work you are doing for CloD community.

I'm try server commander (hosting server & playing on same box), i got the server up & running without problem. People can join mission OK. But when i try to connect i cannot join the server (not only my hosted DS, but all dedicated server in the list until i shutdown the commander).
Could be an IP issue?
Any ideas?

cheers 72sq_Sav.

ATAG_Bliss
May-13-2014, 07:17
Hi all and many thanks to all ATAG for the great work you are doing for CloD community.

I'm try server commander (hosting server & playing on same box), i got the server up & running without problem. People can join mission OK. But when i try to connect i cannot join the server (not only my hosted DS, but all dedicated server in the list until i shutdown the commander).
Could be an IP issue?
Any ideas?

cheers 72sq_Sav.

Hi Savinio,

I know this is going to sound strange, but I'm pretty sure the issue is you can't use the same launcher.exe as the commander. So if I remember right, I think I just copied the entire program files/IL2 folder and pasted it into a folder I called games in the root directory of the C drive. So Id start the commander with one game install and the join with another.

The reason is the commander keeps an eye on the launcher.exe process it's running on (keeping the server up 24/7) and if it sees 2 instances of the same launcher running it thinks there's a problem and tries to correct it.

Let me know if that gets it sorted out for you.

Bliss

72sq_Savinio
May-13-2014, 08:46
Hi Savinio,

I know this is going to sound strange, but I'm pretty sure the issue is you can't use the same launcher.exe as the commander. So if I remember right, I think I just copied the entire program files/IL2 folder and pasted it into a folder I called games in the root directory of the C drive. So Id start the commander with one game install and the join with another.

The reason is the commander keeps an eye on the launcher.exe process it's running on (keeping the server up 24/7) and if it sees 2 instances of the same launcher running it thinks there's a problem and tries to correct it.

Let me know if that gets it sorted out for you.

Bliss

Thanks for your patient Bliss, but learning process need time and i'm such a child at the moment.
So; I've copy the entire game folder and paste it in "c:\dediserv\il2\launcher.exe" I’ve select this launcher.exe from commander setup.
I’ve always "g:\il2_Clod\launcher.exe" to play the game.
But it's true, sometimes when i start "game launcher" commander sees 2 instances closing and restarting "server launcher" and dedi server dont work. But the folder isn’t the same for server and game launcher....
Some other I can enter in the game, see my server in dedicated serverlist and people join in but i can't.
I've also change the folder of "game launcher" and "server launcher" but it seem to have no effects, sometimes it work, some other not, but always (when it work) i cant' connect and join server from dedicated server list in the game (i try to connect, my hosted dedicated server, ATAG server and other, the Client loading page start but loading dont and i can only return to the main dedicated server list page).
I need to uninstall, reinstall and retry?

72sq_Savinio
May-13-2014, 12:02
Solved. File conf.ini was uncorrect. I change some string and now it's running!

Thanks!
See you on ATAG server!

sw1ive
May-13-2014, 14:50
thanks ATAG_Bliss...

I remember... years ago...

I was playing commander at BF2 (Battlefield 2)

commander of red team... with 32 vs 32 on line players

oh man, I fill like... commander at Cliffs od Dover

in game you ask your team... can I be your commander...
and players of your team got a vote about yes or no
and server tell you... player you will be commander for this map(round)

SoW Reddog
Jun-07-2014, 09:17
I'm curious, is the watchdog constantly poling the running processes to see if the Launcher instance is running, and if not launching it? Or does it have a delay of some sort between checks? (I don't imagine the overhead is high either way?)

SoW Reddog
Jun-10-2014, 16:52
Been playing with this, I can't seem to get my server to show in the list. What would the name be anyway? Is there somewhere I set it?

ATAG_Freya
Oct-27-2014, 00:13
I can't get a server to show up on the internet list. It shows up on LAN and missions run as they should. I've enabled port range forwarding on the router to allow 27015 and 27016. Have tried single port forwarding as well. I have allowed every 'launcher' through windows firewall and have also created allowance for the aforementioned port #'s. I run server commander (point it to) in a second install so as to use a single 'box' to fly from, and my confs.ini is this: (in the install pointed to by ATAG SC, also note that in SC setup the "launcher listener port" is set to 27015)

[NET]
serverName=TEST SERVER
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
speed=15000
localPort=27015
SkinDownload=0
maxPlayers=16
serverInfo1=SI 1
serverInfo2=SI 2
serverInfo3=SI 3
serverInfo4=SI 4
VAC=0
tryDirectConnect=1

[Console]
IP=27015
IPS=192.168.1.101
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=logs.txt
HISTORY=128
HISTORYCMD=128
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
PAGE=20
LOGKEEP=1

[BOB]
difficulty=296222719
enabledVoice=1
enabledMusic=1
[sound]
SoundUse=0
speakers=-1
vgMaster=15
vgMusic=15
vgVoice=15
[core]
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
SpawnHumans=1

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

From what I've read through this post, that is the confs.ini that counts. Not the one in the shared [MOD] folder, the one in the main IL2 cliffs of dover folder (second install - used by SC), but even if I copy this into the mod folder, still no joy. I run a lynksys router with its common ip adress - 192.168.1.1 and my local IP is 192.168.1.101 , should my public IP address be in there somewhere? Does the conf.ini (not just the confs.ini) in the second (SC) install need any changing?

Any help much appreciated,
Freya

edits: The firewall rules were in the 'inbound' section, any change need done in the "outbound" rule?

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-27-2014, 00:48
@Freya

There you go bud: http://www.whatismyip.com/

ATAG_Freya
Oct-27-2014, 01:40
Thanks Lolsav! I tried putting that in the -- IPS= -- line but it didn't work. I'll have another go at it just for fun. This is so much fun.

ATAG_Freya
Oct-28-2014, 01:06
Still no go. I'm outta ideas, must be a problem with being behind a router. Or is it a steam thing? Plenty others seem to be able to do this yet I can't find any turorials, just bits of info here and there. I'll keep trying but hope is fading...

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-28-2014, 13:47
Still no go. I'm outta ideas, must be a problem with being behind a router. Or is it a steam thing? Plenty others seem to be able to do this yet I can't find any turorials, just bits of info here and there. I'll keep trying but hope is fading...

Generally it's because you're behind a router and it's not port forwarded correctly. Try direct connecting to 192.168.1.1 (most router's IPs) and you'll probably get in.

ATAG_Freya
Oct-28-2014, 17:28
Generally it's because you're behind a router and it's not port forwarded correctly. Try direct connecting to 192.168.1.1 (most router's IPs) and you'll probably get in.

Roger that, I can connect directly, but can other people? would they have to connect to my -(public address here):27015-? I'd really like to get this thing showing on the list, for the sake of ease. I'm sure I have the port forwarding set correctly, how much depends on the confs.ini in the server commander install? Is it my public or local address that goes in the IPS= line? I'm wondering if I need to check with my ISP for this one. It might just not be possible for me..(or I'm just too bloody thick in the head to figure it out <--my money's on that).

VII.Racetrack
Nov-05-2014, 13:47
[SOLVED]
Guys, I managed all to work properly and my friends can join and play as thay want on mine dedicated server but I have a problem, I assigned the "Copied" Launcher to the "ATAG_Server_Commander" and it runs pretty good, everytime i Launch the other Launcher the ATAG_Server_Commander restarts the server, and when i try to join the server ( once i managed to open the game without restart problems ) I can't join it, I simply remain stuck without no message and no load bar....

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for help
[SOLVED]

Another question XDXDXD

How to set up the Server Password?
Didn't find any tips :-S, I'm a noob and i can't be able to add - pwd password after the Launcher...
:(

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-08-2014, 03:45
[SOLVED]
Guys, I managed all to work properly and my friends can join and play as thay want on mine dedicated server but I have a problem, I assigned the "Copied" Launcher to the "ATAG_Server_Commander" and it runs pretty good, everytime i Launch the other Launcher the ATAG_Server_Commander restarts the server, and when i try to join the server ( once i managed to open the game without restart problems ) I can't join it, I simply remain stuck without no message and no load bar....

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for help
[SOLVED]

Another question XDXDXD

Didn't find any tips :-S, I'm a noob and i can't be able to add - pwd password after the Launcher...

Go into the properties of Launcher.exe you are using for your server (not to join the game) and add the bold bits to your target line, for example: "G:\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -pwd yourpassword

ATAG_Bliss
Nov-08-2014, 13:50
[SOLVED]

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for help
[SOLVED]

Another question XDXDXD

Also forgot you could do this right in the setup of the commander. DUH! :doh:

See below:

http://i.imgur.com/N23dfMa.png

VII.Racetrack
Nov-09-2014, 17:58
Also forgot you could do this right in the setup of the commander. DUH! :doh:

See below:

http://i.imgur.com/N23dfMa.png

Thanks, I made it work with the second tips.. Thanks very much...
Now I have another problem.. I can't find how to change server realism...
It seems that those parameters are managed by a file called "confs"...
I tried to make a "settings.cmd" with this command below and I put it on the same folder orf "b00a1".
Also I added the command line in the prelauncher settings to male the commander run it.
The commander seems to run it hundreds times but no change in the realism settings on the server.
I can only change those parameters by changing the number named "difficulty" in the "confs" file.
But I don't know the sense of numbers like "26789052" found there :-S

CONTENTS OF THE SETTINGS.CMD FILE
------------------------------------

difficulty AntropomorphicControl 0
difficulty ComplexEManagement 0
difficulty TorqueGyroEffects
difficulty EngineTemperatureEffects 0
difficulty FlutterEffects 1
difficulty WindTurbulence 1
difficulty StallSpins 1
difficulty Vulnerabilty 1
difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
difficulty Realisticgunnery 1
difficulty RealisticBombing 1
difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
difficulty LimitedFuel 1
difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 1
difficulty NoOutsideViews 0
difficulty HeadShake 0
difficulty NoIcons 1
difficulty NoPadlock 0
difficulty Clouds 1
difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
difficulty RealisticLandings 1
difficulty NoMapIcons 0
difficulty NoMinimapPath 1
difficulty NoAutopilot 1
difficulty NoReplacementPlace 0
difficulty NoReplacement 0
difficulty NoSelect 0
difficulty NoReplacementArmy 0
difficulty NoSelectArmy 0
difficulty NoCreate 0

Any tips?

VII.Racetrack
Nov-26-2014, 17:47
It seems that the Clod Server Commander wait for some seconds to let the launchere to start the battle, but if the launcher don't start after that time is passed the Commander close it.. Even in the case that the Launcher simply asked a little more time to start..

ATAG_Colander
Nov-26-2014, 19:23
It seems that the Clod Server Commander wait for some seconds to let the launchere to start the battle, but if the launcher don't start after that time is passed the Commander close it.. Even in the case that the Launcher simply asked a little more time to start..

Correct. It assumes that the server is hung or something. This way it doesn't stay waiting forever in some cases like steam not working.

VII.Racetrack
Nov-27-2014, 02:28
Correct. It assumes that the server is hung or something. This way it doesn't stay waiting forever in some cases like steam not working.

Ok, how to set a longer "Idle" time?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-27-2014, 08:40
Ok, how to set a longer "Idle" time?

Is hardcoded so a change in the source code is needed.

hipparch
Dec-21-2015, 23:46
You bloody well better hurry on finishing that along with the 10000000000 other things you are doing :)

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6958&d=1390055696

Hi
Thank you for the server commander very much!
How can I set the realism and icon in my mission? I run the server commander,but all the planes can be started with one key...they don't have complex engine manager.
I set the Reailsm in Options and Server--Realism,but no change
it's very kind of you to tell me the key......

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-22-2015, 11:24
Hi
Thank you for the server commander very much!
How can I set the realism and icon in my mission? I run the server commander,but all the planes can be started with one key...they don't have complex engine manager.
I set the Reailsm in Options and Server--Realism,but no change
it's very kind of you to tell me the key......

Hi hipparch,

The difficulty settings are located in the "confs.ini" file in your documents/ 1cSoftClub folder of the mod. The problem is these difficulty settings make no sense as they are only a long string of numbers. The easiest way to the correct realism settings is to start a server within the game lobby with the correct realism settings you want to use. Make sure you save your server in game and it will write those settings to your confs.ini file.

From there copy those realism settings from your confs.ini file over to the copy of the game you are using for the dedicated server.

I hope this makes sense! :salute:

hipparch
Dec-23-2015, 03:08
Hi hipparch,

The difficulty settings are located in the "confs.ini" file in your documents/ 1cSoftClub folder of the mod. The problem is these difficulty settings make no sense as they are only a long string of numbers. The easiest way to the correct realism settings is to start a server within the game lobby with the correct realism settings you want to use. Make sure you save your server in game and it will write those settings to your confs.ini file.

From there copy those realism settings from your confs.ini file over to the copy of the game you are using for the dedicated server.

I hope this makes sense! :salute:

OK,the problem is solved~:thumbsup:
Another question is how to set the icon mode in detail?The Option--Realism is very simple, the icon includes type/ID/distace,can i show them respectively and set how far the aircraft can be seen like the icon in AXDogfight?
I found if "Realism"--"No Map Icon" is not selected, i can see the friendly aircrafts in Map,but enemy aircrafts has all gone,how can i do with it?

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-23-2015, 10:22
OK,the problem is solved~:thumbsup:
Another question is how to set the icon mode in detail?The Option--Realism is very simple, the icon includes type/ID/distace,can i show them respectively and set how far the aircraft can be seen like the icon in AXDogfight?
I found if "Realism"--"No Map Icon" is not selected, i can see the friendly aircrafts in Map,but enemy aircrafts has all gone,how can i do with it?

Hi hipparch,

Have a look at this link: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&cat=77

That is for the original IL2, but many of the server commands are very similar. If you are in the dedicated server window (the black DOS looking box), I believe you can type the word "help" and get a list of commands within the dedicated server.

There is a part of the ATAG server commander where you add these commands so your server is automatically started with the right icon, dot pitch, or other settings also. It is called "Launcher Pre-mission Commands". Simply put your special commands in that section and your server will always start that way.

Here's a few commands from the old game as examples:

mp_dotrange 14 sets the distance which aircraft show up as dots (pixels) on the horizon. In this case, it's 14km.

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 5 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 2.5

mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 0.1

And what those codes mean on the friendly icons

Aircraft dot 15km
Range 5km
Pilot name 2.5km
All other 100m

Hopefully you can get it figured out with this information. Sorry I can't help you better with the icon setup as I have never messed with it. :salute:

hipparch
Dec-24-2015, 04:46
Thanks, I made it work with the second tips.. Thanks very much...
Now I have another problem.. I can't find how to change server realism...
It seems that those parameters are managed by a file called "confs"...
I tried to make a "settings.cmd" with this command below and I put it on the same folder orf "b00a1".
Also I added the command line in the prelauncher settings to male the commander run it.
The commander seems to run it hundreds times but no change in the realism settings on the server.
I can only change those parameters by changing the number named "difficulty" in the "confs" file.
But I don't know the sense of numbers like "26789052" found there :-S

CONTENTS OF THE SETTINGS.CMD FILE

difficulty AntropomorphicControl 0
difficulty ComplexEManagement 0
difficulty TorqueGyroEffects
difficulty EngineTemperatureEffects 0
difficulty FlutterEffects 1
difficulty WindTurbulence 1
difficulty StallSpins 1
difficulty Vulnerabilty 1
difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
difficulty Realisticgunnery 1
difficulty RealisticBombing 1
difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
difficulty LimitedFuel 1
difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 1
difficulty NoOutsideViews 0
difficulty HeadShake 0
difficulty NoIcons 1
difficulty NoPadlock 0
difficulty Clouds 1
difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
difficulty RealisticLandings 1
difficulty NoMapIcons 0
difficulty NoMinimapPath 1
difficulty NoAutopilot 1
difficulty NoReplacementPlace 0
difficulty NoReplacement 0
difficulty NoSelect 0
difficulty NoReplacementArmy 0
difficulty NoSelectArmy 0
difficulty NoCreate 0

Any tips?

I copied them all into "Pre-mission commander" and it works

hipparch
Dec-26-2015, 08:14
Hi Bliss!

I have an urgent question~
How can I set the mission time?
My commander is added just one misson(Blue vs Red - Volcanic Isles).But it will restarted every dozens of minutes or about one hour automaticlly. Is there anything wrong?
How can I keep this mission online for more than 3 hours?All of the commander setting are default.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-28-2015, 04:31
Hi hipparch,

In the 1st post of this thread there's a sample mission that is attached. It is an old ATAG mission that has AI and should help you get going on to making some of your own.

Within the mission file (.mis file) see below to adjust time of day. So it is showing 10:30AM. For instance set TIME to 14 and that is 2:00PM.

[MAIN]
MAP Land$English_Channel_1940
BattleArea 157500 150000 200000 120000 10000
TIME 10.5
WeatherIndex 1
CloudsHeight 1500
BreezeActivity 7
ThermalActivity 7

The way the commander works is by using using a script that kills it's process. Basically that script shuts down the server and the commander then switches missions to the next mission. This is found in the scripting file or the ".cs" file in a mission. Please look at the mission attached in the 1st post in this thread. The cs file is also there. Here's a short example of the script just to set mission length.

This is the main command that stops the server: Process.GetCurrentProcess().Kill();

So basically in this case, the if the objectives weren't destroyed within 6 hours or 720000 ticks, the mission results in a tie and moves on to the next one.

There is also quite a few more missions in the download section of the forum to play with.

{
Tick_Mission_Time = 720000 - Time.tickCounter();
var Mission_Time = Tick_Mission_Time / 2000;
TimeSpan Convert_Ticks = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(Mission_Time);
string Time_Remaining = string.Format("{0:D2}:{1:D2}:{2:D2}", Convert_Ticks.Hours, Convert_Ticks.Minutes, Convert_Ticks.Seconds);

if (Time.tickCounter() % 30000 == 1000)
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Completed Red Objectives:", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, (Objective_Total_Red), new object[] { });
Timeout(10, () =>
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Completed Blue Objectives:", new object[] { }));
Timeout(11, () =>
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, (Objective_Total_Blue), new object[] { }));
Timeout(12, () =>
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Time Remaining In Mission: " + Time_Remaining, new object[] { }));
}

{
Timeout(10, () =>
{
});
Timeout(30, () =>
{
});
Timeout(60, () =>
{
});
Timeout(120, () =>
{
});
Timeout(125, () =>
{
});
}

}

}

hipparch
Dec-29-2015, 04:38
Hi hipparch,

In the 1st post of this thread there's a sample mission that is attached. It is an old ATAG mission that has AI and should help you get going on to making some of your own.

Within the mission file (.mis file) see below to adjust time of day. So it is showing 10:30AM. For instance set TIME to 14 and that is 2:00PM.

[MAIN]
MAP Land$English_Channel_1940
BattleArea 157500 150000 200000 120000 10000
TIME 10.5
WeatherIndex 1
CloudsHeight 1500
BreezeActivity 7
ThermalActivity 7

The way the commander works is by using using a script that kills it's process. Basically that script shuts down the server and the commander then switches missions to the next mission. This is found in the scripting file or the ".cs" file in a mission. Please look at the mission attached in the 1st post in this thread. The cs file is also there. Here's a short example of the script just to set mission length.

This is the main command that stops the server: Process.GetCurrentProcess().Kill();

So basically in this case, the if the objectives weren't destroyed within 6 hours or 720000 ticks, the mission results in a tie and moves on to the next one.

There is also quite a few more missions in the download section of the forum to play with.

{
Tick_Mission_Time = 720000 - Time.tickCounter();
var Mission_Time = Tick_Mission_Time / 2000;
TimeSpan Convert_Ticks = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(Mission_Time);
string Time_Remaining = string.Format("{0:D2}:{1:D2}:{2:D2}", Convert_Ticks.Hours, Convert_Ticks.Minutes, Convert_Ticks.Seconds);

if (Time.tickCounter() % 30000 == 1000)
{
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Completed Red Objectives:", new object[] { });
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, (Objective_Total_Red), new object[] { });
Timeout(10, () =>
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Completed Blue Objectives:", new object[] { }));
Timeout(11, () =>
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, (Objective_Total_Blue), new object[] { }));
Timeout(12, () =>
GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Time Remaining In Mission: " + Time_Remaining, new object[] { }));
}

{
Timeout(10, () =>
{
});
Timeout(30, () =>
{
});
Timeout(60, () =>
{
});
Timeout(120, () =>
{
});
Timeout(125, () =>
{
});
}

}

}

Really apperaciates! But i think i can not understand how to write a .cs file in a short time.....is there any guide or advices?

In game of my mission,if i created an aircraft "A",and then create an aircfraft "B",the "A" will be controled by an AI,how can I forbidden AI to take over the aircraft?I have already set "difficulty NoAutopilot 1"in Pre-mission-commander

TWC_Flug
Apr-24-2016, 15:07
This is great--thanks! It solves a real problem with running the multiplayer server.

FS~Fenice_1965
May-14-2016, 11:44
I am trying to setup a CLOD dedicated server with my squad.
Everything went reasonably well and I managed to put the server online. I am using the server commander and the watchdog with success.
The only issue I have (at the moment) is that when I connect there's an evident delay (20/30 secs) before the transfer bar appears. After that the transfer begins and at the end I connect regularly.
Anyone has an idea to remove this annoying delay ?
If this can help, I advice that when I have installed TF I wasn't able to run the game between one patch and the other. I think it is a problem of the OS (win server 2008). Anyway when I finally connect everything seem to work ok. So I think the delay isn't coming from an installation problem.

Also. Is there any guide, method or program around to setup server stats for Cliffs of Dover ?
Thank's in advance for everyone's help.
Fen

TWC_Flug
Aug-21-2016, 12:14
Is there any way to auto-start the Watchdog?

You can put it in the startup folder for Windows, and it starts up when Windows starts. But then it just sits there waiting for someone to come along and click that "Start Watchdog" button.

What I'd like is for Watchdog to start, and auto-start playing its missions, whenever Windows boots up.

Possible?

TWC_Flug
Aug-31-2016, 19:07
Is there any way to auto-start the Watchdog?

You can put it in the startup folder for Windows, and it starts up when Windows starts. But then it just sits there waiting for someone to come along and click that "Start Watchdog" button.

What I'd like is for Watchdog to start, and auto-start playing its missions, whenever Windows boots up.

OK, answering my own question, here is what I did:

1. Install AutoHotKey (http://AutoHotKey.com)
2. Copy/paste scrip below to a convenient location; update the location of your ATAG_CloDWatchdog.exe in the script
3. Place this script (or a shortcut to it) in my system startup folder so that it auto-starts when windows starts
4. Run netplwiz to make the account that runs the Launcher/WatchDog/AutoHotKey system auto-login when the computer is turned on (instructions here (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872306.aspx)). (Those instructions work for Vista and Win7-8-10; for WinXP the command to run is "control userpasswords2" and instructions are here (http://www.megaleecher.net/Windows_Auto_Logon#axzz4IxspyLtP).) Some discussion about this approach and alternatives here. (http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/10170/how-secure-is-windows-auto-logon)

When the script starts (on Windows startup) it checks to see if CloD WatchDog is running. If not, WatchDog is started.

Then every 1 minute it checks whether WatchDog is running (starting it if not) and also clicks the "Start Watchdog" button to ensure that Watchdog is actually doing its job.

So, when the machine is turned on, the account logs in, AutoHotKey starts this script, and the script launches WatchDog and presses the "Start Watchdog" button.

;;This script ensured that CloD WatchDog is started and running
;;and thate that the "Start Watchdog" button is pressed
;;
;;It checks every 60 seconds.
;;It will also check whenever you manually press ctrl-alt-shift-J, which is helpful for testing purposes
;;
;;To use it, You'll need to
;; 1. Install AutoHotKey
;; 2. Update the location of your ATAG_CloDWatchdog.exe in the script below
;; 3. Place this script (or a shortcut to it) in your system startup folder so that it
;; auto-starts when windows starts

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#Persistent
SetTimer, StartWatchdog, 60000
return

+!^j::
Gosub, StartWatchdog
Return

StartWatchdog:
Gosub, RunWatchdog ; make sure Watchdog.exe is started & window open
sleep, 4000
SetControlDelay -1
ControlClick, Start Watchdog, CloD WatchDog,

Return

;;Make sure Watchdog is running & maximized (ie, window open & displaying, not minimized to tray)
RunWatchdog:
DetectHiddenWindows, On
Process, Exist, ATAG_CloDWatchdog.exe
If (!WinExist("CloD WatchDog"))
Run, "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\ATAG_CloDWatchdog.exe"
Else
DetectHiddenWindows, Off
If (!WinExist("CloD WatchDog"))
{
WinShow, CloD WatchDog
WinActivate, CloD WatchDog
}
Return

TWC_Flug
Mar-16-2017, 14:46
FYI one recurring problem I've had running missions with CloD Watchdog is that periodically confs.ini will become corrupted. I think it happens in the rare situation where Watchdog kills the CloD process just at the exact moment it is writing to confs.ini.

Symptom of the problem is the CloD server seems to start fine but it just won't run a mission. What usually clues me in is when I try to run a mission manually & get the "XXX is not serializable" error. A setting in confs.ini fixes that error so if confs.ini is missing or corrupted you can get the serialization errors.

Fix is keep a copy of your working confs.ini somewhere safe and then just restore it to Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD when needed.