PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a skin like this

9./JG52 Reinhart
Jan-18-2014, 16:05
I know this isn't historically accurate for the time period but I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find one for any/all variants of the 109.
Thanks in advance! :salute:

LG1.Farber
Jan-19-2014, 06:52
Make one! :thumbsup:

Open a skin, there are two prop spinners, one for static one for moving. They are top down so all you need is a steady hand.

9./JG52 Reinhart
Jan-19-2014, 19:25
Alright, I'll give it a go! Wish me luck :D

:salute:

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-21-2014, 03:05
If you can't get your hand steady enough google black/white swirls under images. Find a 'large' image and save it, open it up in CS and 'transform' it, both scale and perspective/distort if needed. Then you can color sample to get the same colors and smooth anything out needed.

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-21-2014, 07:38
The problem you have which is one of the hardest there is in skinning is wrapping a spiral around a cone but rendering it as flat....In the original IL2 some aircraft had flat spiral nose cones as the one below.....It would be nice if you could simply cut the spiral out from this and stick it onto any aircraft you like..Unfortunately in CLOD the nose is also cut into 3 slices...This means that you have to figure out which slice goes where and exactly how it interfaces with the next slice....If you get it out by only a fraction it wont work and will look wrong...This will take many hours with panel locator skins and such to get right...

What most of us do is wait until someone can be bothered to crack it then lift the nose shapes and twiddle with the colours for your own design....copy and paste it on your own aircraft skin...

I think you'll struggle to get this....as it looks like you have picked one of the hardest things to do in skinning....

Below is the original IL2 skin for a spiral nose cone....the easy one

http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109K/Bf-109K-JG3.9-(W12+I)-Krause/images/IL2-MD-Bf-109K4-9.JG3-(W12+I)-Krause-Germany-1945.bmp

Here is a panel locator for CLOD...you can clearly see the nose cone spliced into 3 at the bottom left of this skin...also there is a flat nose spinner middle upper left....

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/Bf109Dissection.jpg

9./JG52 Reinhart
Jan-21-2014, 18:04
Wow, that does look difficult...
Some months back I had this one guy (his name escaped me at the moment) but he was a good skinner and just did it for me as a favor (nice guy)
But I can't find it anymore plus it was only for the E3 :/

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-21-2014, 19:24
If he put the spiral spinner on your aircraft he gave you gold right there...Its hours of work...For anyone else after that it is then easy to put that spinner on all the 109s in CLOD and change the colours of it....You need to look for it...me thinks..

9./JG52 Reinhart
Jan-21-2014, 20:27
Hmmm I believe it's on the IC forums, I'm pretty sure I can find it if I dig hard enough.
If I do I'll post in here to make it easier for people who are looking for the same thing
:salute: