PDA

View Full Version : Please help I think I TOTALLY messed UP!!

snachito
Jan-18-2014, 20:49
Alright Brethren,

I had IL-2 CLOD going fine and everything, but the other day I installed a new game through steam that wasn't quite working good so I went to to establish verify the integrity of the game ( it runs through a process) , BUT I accidentally did this verify integrituy to IL-2 CLOD instead of the game (I wasn't paying attention as I was watching TV at the same time)I wanted to do it to and now CLOD is doing the same thing it was doing when it wasn't working as the redist package 1 of 1 shows up then disappears and nothing IL-2 COD doesn't start or nothing!! Do I have to re-install the patches again and erase the 1c softclub/IL-2 COD mod? Or did I royaly screw things up? Thank you all for your help

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-18-2014, 21:00
Alright Brethren,

I had IL-2 CLOD going fine and everything, but the other day I installed a new game through steam that wasn't quite working good so I went to to establish verify the integrity of the game ( it runs through a process) , BUT I accidentally did this verify integrituy to IL-2 CLOD instead of the game (I wasn't paying attention as I was watching TV at the same time)I wanted to do it to and now CLOD is doing the same thing it was doing when it wasn't working as the redist package 1 of 1 shows up then disappears and nothing IL-2 COD doesn't start or nothing!! Do I have to re-install the patches again and erase the 1c softclub/IL-2 COD mod? Or did I royaly screw things up? Thank you all for your help

1st off, verify integrity of Clod again (just to be safe). This will make your game back to the vanilla version. At this point, shut off steam (actually end the program not just hide the icon). Now go to into your "Program Files/Steam" folder and delete the file called "ClientRegistry.blob". Restart Steam and run cliffs of dover. It may take a couple minutes before the sim comes to life as it's rebuilding it's libraries the 1st time. Let it wait and make sure the vanilla game does indeed run. After it runs, simply install all the patches again in the correct order (3.00, 3.01, and 4.00) and you should be all set.

Hopefully this gets you going again.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-18-2014, 21:01
Thy shall not play other games

:)

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-18-2014, 21:29
You haven't really screwed it up...:)

Also...turn off 'Steam Cloud' for CLOD

Here's how.....

Steam > LIBRARY > (right click) 'IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover' (in the left pane) > Properties > UPDATES > Steam Cloud

Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Make sure the box is unchecked

snachito
Jan-18-2014, 22:53
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Brothas:thumbsup:!!!!!!! IL-2 COD and IL-2 1946 are the only sims that I have to "fly" every day and this would have killed me if COD would have been messed up!!!