PDA

View Full Version : 109 and bombing

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-18-2014, 23:15
Salute and Howdy All,

I'm having a problem trying to figure out bombing in the 109. I've tried everything I've been told to get the bombs to explode but I'm getting nowhere. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to get the damn things to work right.
Here are the steps I've done to attempt it.

1) I've set up a "109 E-1/B" load out in "plane options" (4 sc 50s with low level fuse).
2) I've loaded the "France Free Flight" and changed to the E-1/B with my load out.
3) I then "arm" my bombs and pick a target on the beach.
4) I enter a shallow dive and "pickle" the bombs under 1,000 meters but above say 200.
5) Bombs fail to detonate.

I don't know what else to try. I've attempted to do a search on the forum but was unable to find anything relevant, maybe I used the wrong search question. Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Salute,
Gaidin

Pancake
Jan-19-2014, 00:44
im having trouble with fuses my self. load outs too

Do you have realistic bombing selected id turn that off, I don't think it working correctly by the sounds of it. mine go boom but there just to dangerous because I can't get fuses to work.

Torric270
Jan-19-2014, 02:53
Salute and Howdy All,

I'm having a problem trying to figure out bombing in the 109. I've tried everything I've been told to get the bombs to explode but I'm getting nowhere. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to get the damn things to work right.
Here are the steps I've done to attempt it.

1) I've set up a "109 E-1/B" load out in "plane options" (4 sc 50s with low level fuse).
2) I've loaded the "France Free Flight" and changed to the E-1/B with my load out.
3) I then "arm" my bombs and pick a target on the beach.
4) I enter a shallow dive and "pickle" the bombs under 1,000 meters but above say 200.
5) Bombs fail to detonate.

I don't know what else to try. I've attempted to do a search on the forum but was unable to find anything relevant, maybe I used the wrong search question. Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Salute,
Gaidin

I have never had much luck with single player, so I moved all the quick and single missions to the full mission builder.

Go under Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/il2 sturmovick cliffs of dover/missions/single and copy all the missions there. Then go to Documents/IC Softclub/il2 sturmovick cliffs of dover/missions/singe and paste the missions there.

In game menu, select Extras/Full mission builder. When it opens double click 003 Freeflight France. Once the mission opens, left click on the first waypoint (blue flag 0 (9:00)), this will highlight it. Right click on the screen, select properties. First screen you can select your aircraft (109E-1B), then click on the group properties tab to change fuel, bomb load, detonators etc.

Click on File in upper left of the screen, click save or save as. Click File again and select fly mission.

Just hit fly, don't try and change anything in the plane menu.

Go to external view to verify that you have bombs loaded.

Gix
Jan-19-2014, 03:40
yes, use multi to test.
3) I then "arm" my bombs and pick a target on the beach. there are 2 "armed" needed. 1 for bomb & 1 for detonator. Just to check.

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-19-2014, 18:04
Thanks for the replies, Guys!! I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

Salute, Gaidin

ATAG_Endless
Jan-19-2014, 19:18
Sometimes I have found that if your above 500kph the bombs will fail to detonate