PDA

View Full Version : rest of my flight

heinzknocke
Jan-19-2014, 05:50
Morning

Hope somebody can help

How do I get the rest of my flight to do things ie attack bombers etc.Ive gone through the diologue stuff and they still stick to me like glue ,do I have to do it all muself ?

Heinz

:-)

dburne
Jan-19-2014, 09:31
IIRC, that is one area in SP that is still very much broken.

Based on what I have read in here, if I understand correctly, one pretty much has to start out the flight on autopilot until reaching the first waypoint, in order to get the rest of the flight to follow issued orders.

I am sure someone will correct me if this is wrong, but that is the way I have understood it. I personally have not tested that yet, mainly as I hate having to use the autopilot at the beginning as I love going through all the take off procedures myself, and just tell myself those guys are dumb as rocks LOL.

bolox
Jan-19-2014, 10:16
Based on what I have read in here, if I understand correctly, one pretty much has to start out the flight on autopilot until reaching the first waypoint, in order to get the rest of the flight to follow issued orders.

This is the case if you are flight leader and are starting on the ground.

If yo do not do this your plane is not 'recognised' by your Squad so any commands will be ignored- indeed they won't even follow you.
One of the biggest P.I.T.A ingame.

Attacking bombers:- assuming you have taken off (on ap) and are now happily flying with your squad obeying you- make sure you are send message to correct Recipient eg TAB-1-1.... for group. Try altering the spacing- you will need this command so get ysed to it.

Ok, so now you are approaching some enemy bombers- again select the recipient (group) and give them a close command- this is the equivalent of a rejoin (this assumess AI have 'seen' the enemy and have started to line up for intercept). Then heading towards enemy go to the attack command (make sure recipient is still selected correctly) - if the attack my target has gone a brighter red then use this command. The distance AI can 'see' is variable depending on skill levels set by mission builder. Then your squad should go into the attack routine (if the planets are correctly aligned:D). Actually if you followed the procedure and the option was highlighted it works.

AI is not perfect by any means- and it is on the list of things to be worked on for 5.00- but if you get to learn how it works it CAN give good results

heinzknocke
Jan-19-2014, 12:15
Thank You for the replies

I'll give it a go and see how I get on just hope it's all sorted out with TF 5

Heinz