PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion update - January 19th 2014 - small video clip - reflection and bump map

Mysticpuma
Jan-19-2014, 07:51
Hi guys. Yes, it's Sunday...I hear the 'what's going on!?" questions being asked. ;)

Today I was running through some offline missions and during one I set the mission up for a 4.00am start and took my Spitfire for a spin. This footage has no 'action', it really just shows some of the improved lighting effects and the toned down (but improved) reflections that are enhanced by the new bump mapping ;)

Just a short clip, but hopefully may bring a smile ;)

Cheers, MP

https://vimeo.com/84512255

https://vimeo.com/84512255

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-19-2014, 08:04
Dang, that looks good!!!!!

DUI
Jan-19-2014, 08:18
Simply beautiful! :gourmet:

ATAG_Septic
Jan-19-2014, 08:30
Gorgeous :thumbsup:

I was going to say "beautiful" but that's been said already.

Septic.

Continu0
Jan-19-2014, 08:47
And what a smile it brought to my face!:D

dburne
Jan-19-2014, 08:48
Gorgeous!
:)

Thank you for sharing!

LcSummers
Jan-19-2014, 12:44
A new update on Sunday!!

Yes thank you for sharing, very nice vid. Like the reflection and the exhaust flames!!!:)

Tvrdi
Jan-19-2014, 12:51
You know Mystic...your movies are more than just a showroom videos...they reveal your (and ppl who work on this) dedication, passion and love for hardcore sims...for CLOD.

This is something which cant be bough for money....

thanks

Bear Pilot
Jan-19-2014, 14:57
It's...so...beautiful

:sobbing:

On a more serious note, I second Tvirdi. I don't think the dream is alive anymore. I think now it is thriving and growing.

danperin
Jan-19-2014, 18:30
Amazing video, mate! Just wow :stunned:

:salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Jan-19-2014, 19:41
Great stuff this MP ..... and you are indeed (don't let your head swell or your hair will fall out) very good at video work ...... but I WANT the music PLEASE?

jaydee
Jan-20-2014, 02:48
Stunning Mystic ! Thank you ~S~

spud3030
Jan-20-2014, 04:27
Just gets better, thanks again TF:dthumb:

spud

ATAG_Naz
Jan-20-2014, 05:35
Wow....just....bloody....wow.

Stunning stuff MP. :thumbsup:

Hope you don't mind me asking, can you tell us if the exhaust flames will be visible on aircraft other than our own? I remember Cliffs had this feature at initial release but exhaust flames on other aircraft disappeared in one of the very early official patches (no doubt to save FPS).

Cheers

9./JG52_Meyer
Jan-20-2014, 05:37
Stunning effects looks really nice plus i have just seen flames coming out of a Spitfire for the first time :thumbsup:

Flanker35M
Jan-20-2014, 09:48
S!

Looks very nice :thumbsup: Gone is the smeary look.

heinkill
Jan-20-2014, 12:55
Nice. Don't you wish life was like that?

Boring afternoon with the in-laws, wind the clock forward.

Need another couple of hours of man time? Wind the clock back...

H

Wolfskid
Jan-20-2014, 18:14
Great, great Video MysticPuma. And Thank You very much for sharing........AND....

next Friday You Roll OUT this Great Modifications ?.....:)....

hihi....NO, it was a Joke.

Have a Great Time....

Greets

Wolfskid

Mysticpuma
Jan-21-2014, 06:24
Great stuff this MP ..... and you are indeed (don't let your head swell or your hair will fall out) very good at video work ...... but I WANT the music PLEASE?

Music: Enya

Title: Hope has a Place

Naz:

"Hope you don't mind me asking, can you tell us if the exhaust flames will be visible on aircraft other than our own? I remember Cliffs had this feature at initial release but exhaust flames on other aircraft disappeared in one of the very early official patches (no doubt to save FPS)"

I generally shoot all the footage I make 'live' so don't have to consider any issues with track replay. I know the exhaust flames don't appear in my tracks, so this is the reason I shoot 'live'. I discussed this regarding exhaust flames and it's definitely that the Ai aircraft have them switched off. Now all we need to do is find the switch...in the millions of lines of code ;)

They do look awesome though ;)

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Jan-21-2014, 06:25
S!

Looks very nice :thumbsup: Gone is the smeary look.

Apparently it wasn't popular? :pcsux:

Flanker35M
Jan-21-2014, 07:55
S!

MP, the "old" reflection just looked horrible and like plastered on the plane. This new revision looks a LOT better :) So a great improvement there :)

ATAG_Naz
Jan-21-2014, 07:59
Naz:

"Hope you don't mind me asking, can you tell us if the exhaust flames will be visible on aircraft other than our own? I remember Cliffs had this feature at initial release but exhaust flames on other aircraft disappeared in one of the very early official patches (no doubt to save FPS)"

I generally shoot all the footage I make 'live' so don't have to consider any issues with track replay. I know the exhaust flames don't appear in my tracks, so this is the reason I shoot 'live'. I discussed this regarding exhaust flames and it's definitely that the Ai aircraft have them switched off. Now all we need to do is find the switch...in the millions of lines of code ;)

They do look awesome though ;)

Cheers, MP

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated. Here's hoping the switch is found eventually, they certainly do look awesome!

~S~

Kling
Jan-21-2014, 08:29
S!

MP, the "old" reflection just looked horrible and like plastered on the plane. This new revision looks a LOT better :) So a great improvement there :)

I wouldnt say horrible maybe. Still at step up from Vanilla.
But TF is learning new things with the code every day so its always an evolution :)

Blitzen
Jan-22-2014, 11:38
You got me smiling that's for sure!:thumbsup:

Meaks
Jan-23-2014, 04:49
Excellent work MP,absolutely wizard old boy,hats off to those of you in Team Fusion,....boy,are you guys making our Sim a dream to behold,BRAVO!! :thumbsup:

~S~:salute:
Meaks

E.F.HARTMANN
Jan-23-2014, 07:29
Excellent, can not wait.
beautiful video. : Salut:

Tettric
Jan-25-2014, 07:57
Well, this just about settles those threads asking for "War Thunder type" metal effects!

:)

GERMANWOLF
Jan-25-2014, 08:04
Very nice !!!