PDA

View Full Version : Getting Frustrated! What am I doing wrong?

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-25-2014, 17:15
Salute and Howdy All!

Got tired of trying to manipulate the single missions so I attempted to make one in the mission builder. As it was my first, I attempted to keep it simple by putting two static tankers off the coast of France (1940 autumn map) to practice "Skip Bombing". After placing the tankers I put a E-3/B at one of the local fields (I forget which), complete with way-points to the ships and instructions to attack ground. I then attempted to save the game but it refuses to save, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Gaidin

Salmo
Jan-25-2014, 17:23
Was there an eror message when you tried to save mission? Something like Chief0 has 1 waypoint?

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-26-2014, 09:04
No, the saved window just closes but nothing is saved. No error messages, just no saved file.

Salute,
Gaidin

ATAG_Freya
Jan-26-2014, 09:12
Did you try "save as" --> then give it a name like "skip bombing" ?

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-26-2014, 14:56
Salute and Howdy All,

Ok, Figured it out!! I was trying to save it as; "Tanker E-3/B" and it wouldn't save. When I switched the name to "Tanker Training", it saved. For some reason the "E-3/B" part of the file name wouldn't allow it to be saved. Everything is working well now except for one thing; I can't make the 109 spawn on the airfield to take-off. Anyone know how to do that? Thank you for all ya'lls help trying to figure this out!!

Gaidin

Salmo
Jan-26-2014, 15:55
Salute and Howdy All,

Ok, Figured it out!! I was trying to save it as; "Tanker E-3/B" and it wouldn't save. When I switched the name to "Tanker Training", it saved. For some reason the "E-3/B" part of the file name wouldn't allow it to be saved. Everything is working well now except for one thing; I can't make the 109 spawn on the airfield to take-off. Anyone know how to do that? Thank you for all ya'lls help trying to figure this out!!

Gaidin

COD does not accept non-alphanumeric characters in filenames. Click on the 109's first waypoint, then go to the properties tab & change the waypoint type from "normfly" to "takeoff". Position the waypoint somewhere over the airfield. If you want to spawn at the side of the airfield then tick the "spawn parked" box, otherwise the plane will spawn on the runway.

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-26-2014, 18:40
Salute, Salmo! Thanks for the info!

Gaidin

No601_Swallow
Jan-27-2014, 19:56
Also, if you want to fly it yourself, don't forget to tick the "Player" box on the individual aircraft tab in the object browser.