PDA

View Full Version : Bf-110 Spinner Colors

CanvasKnight
Jan-29-2014, 14:00
A strange bug that I noticed. The Bf-110s have the tips of their spinners painted various colors depending on the Group/Squadron they belong to. However, if you start up the engine and the prop starts to spin, the entire spinner, and not just the tip becomes the color of the group marking at the tip (changing from black when the engine is off to yellow when the prop is spinning for example). Has anyone else encountered this bug?

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-29-2014, 14:07
Can you make a little video reproducing it? And please post your pc specs. Thank you!

CanvasKnight
Jan-29-2014, 19:16
IMPORTANT EDIT: Further testing has revealed that it is not any particular Bf-110 model that is glitched, it is the particular unit selected. The bugged color codes are for II and III ZG 76. If you select any ZG 76 squadrons in your plane customization screen you will get this bug. Here is the problem: II/ZG 76 has the color markings only on the tip of the prop, like the screenshots below which are for II/ZG 76. When you start the engines for a II/ZG 76 plane, it becomes solid color for the whole prop. III/ZG 76, on the other hand, has solid color props. When you turn on the engines for any III/ZG76 plane, it turns black and only has color on the tip of the spinner.

Essentially, the engine off and engine on animations for these two units are reversed. II/ZG 76 has III/ZG 76's spinning colors instead of its correct colors (the colors while engines are off are the correct ones for both units). III/ZG 76 has II/ZG76's colors when the engine is on.

I could post one of my fraps recordings to demonstrate the glitch, but a 1:30 video is almost 4 GB, so I'll just post these screenshots instead.

Here is what the spinner looks like when the engine is off. Note the yellow ring at the tip that denotes the group that the Bf-110 belongs to (II/ZG 76).

Here is what the spinner looks like when I turn on the engine and the prop starts to spin - the tip color becomes the color of the entire prop.

And finally here is an external view from the front, with one engine off and the other engine on so that we can see the difference side by side. This is a II/ZG 76 plane. The prop is not supposed to be a solid color, it is only the tip that is supposed to be yellow. Instead we get III/ZG 76's propellers, and vice versa.

PC specs are nvidia GTX 580 and intel core i7 2600k.

III./ZG76_Keller
Jan-29-2014, 21:18
This has happened since the introduction of TF 3.0, I think it has something to do with the skin you choose being overridden by the markings you choose, or vice versa.

If you choose the skin that has the black prop boss and a yellow tip, and choose the regiment that has the same markings you shouldn't see a difference.

CanvasKnight
Jan-29-2014, 22:15
Updated the screenshot post with details of the glitch - its a problem with the ZG 76 markings in the game - it uses III/ZG 76's spinning prop animation on II/ZG 76 planes, and vice versa. The result is the incorrect colors snapping in and out when you turn on the engine or turn it off.

Kodoss
Jan-30-2014, 13:41
The problem results when in the mrk file the wrong scale is choosen for colordot.
Since you have 2 dots, one for rotating and one for standing propeller spinner, you have to make sure that both have the same size on the model.

I think it was wrong from the beginning (original), since there was no changes for that.

DE_Num_Tactical_ColourDot 0.542242 0.9245046 0.02210993 0.02210993 0 LOCKED
DE_Num_Tactical_ColourDot 0.1359282 0.9013454 0.01825431 0.01825431 0 LOCKED
For those who are interested in this, the first 2 numbers give the relative x/y position of the dot in your image file.
0 = image begin top/left
1 = image end bottom/right
The second 2 numbers give the scale of the dot in x/y axis.
The last number is the rotation in radiens, by dots of course 0° = 0.

I will try to look at it at the weekend.:salute:

CanvasKnight
Jan-30-2014, 17:54
Cool! And yes, I can confirm that the glitch was in the game on release, before the TF patches. I remember it clearly back in early 2011 when I first started up a Bf-110 in game.

E-69 Siegfried
Jan-31-2014, 07:16
Hello.

Sorry for my bad english.

I seen that too very months ago, before TF days.

After some research I came to the conclusion that it has to do with the markings. Overlap on the skin and in addition there are two different parts of the skin, or stop running propeller.

This I learned one day making skins for RoF and just happened to be here (different skin section for running and stopped engines). Just adding here the problem of file markings on the skin.

Unfortunately I was not able to edit these files.

At least now I see that a member of TF is working seriously to solve this problem.

I also believe that the markings it has simplest colors and limited than they are in the skins, and not affected by wearing. I guess this is done to ensure online performance.

Kodoss
Feb-01-2014, 10:54
Just for info,

the spinner bug for the Bf 110, which was by all of the ZG's, will be fixed with the next TF patch.
And as I was at it, I added the 1/3 white spinner to the ZG 26 paintscheme (found a picture of 7./ZG 26 with 1/3 white spinner).

:salute: Kodoss