PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a G15 keyboard?

Old_Canuck
Nov-29-2011, 02:55
EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Shaw support recommended uninstalling their in house (Mcafee) security center and installing Microsoft's Security Essentials. Like magic the problem is fixed. Have read so many horror stories about Mcafee I can't believe Shaw is shooting themselves in the foot by recommending it. Anyways, problem solved. Thanks for your posts, they helped rule out what the problem was not.

OC

===============================

S! All,

I had a G15 profile set up for opening canopy etc. but it's stopped working. Have been deleting the cache folder after every sortie and was wondering if that could be causing the malfunction.

XE9O
Nov-29-2011, 07:00
hello, I have a G15 and it is not effected by deleting the Cache folder

XE90

ATAG_Headshot
Nov-29-2011, 10:25
Just a thought but check to see if you accidentally switched keyboard profiles. I've done that before and had nothing work all of a sudden. That should have nothing to do with the game cache.

Old_Canuck
Nov-29-2011, 12:49
Ok ... thanks guys. I'll rule out the cache folder. Have been very careful to make sure the right profile is selected but recently installed Mcafee so maybe it's a problem with Mcafee. Will contact Shaw and check this out.

jaydee
Nov-29-2011, 15:46
Hi Old Canuck,ive being using G15 for about 4 years.One small issue Ive had using xp, was sometimes if I ALT+TAB out of game and then back ,it would have lost its profile..ie keystrokes would be corrupted. I now use Win7 and that doesnt happen any more.I feel youre issue may be more to do with USB usage than the keyboard itself.If you post youre system specs including USB devices attached we can maybe narrow the problem down and help ! One more thing,dont use USB ports on it,they dont have enough "juice" in them to run most usb hardware!....Hope this helps mate ! ~S~

Old_Canuck
Nov-29-2011, 18:07
Thx M8 will take that under advisement re: USB ports. G15 is working again after giving Mcafee the boot.

jaydee
Nov-29-2011, 18:26
Glad to hear you got it sorted M8 !