PDA

View Full Version : Binding assignment loss

Reprobator
Feb-02-2014, 04:52
Hi,
I have a strange clodo behavior since i reinstall it,
every game's loading, i have to reselect and reload my binding profile, wich is not that boring but often i loose my key binding in a middle of a flight, i have to reload the profile before it works again, i've try to resave my profile under another file but no luck so far, it's a bit boring bug when you have to go back to the option 10 seconds before droping your bomb on a boat at an 5 meters of altitude :D

235 Sqn. Coldstreamer (QJ-X)
Feb-02-2014, 05:14
for some reason i have also lost all key bindings also.
Throttles now control flight surfaces, joystick movement opens and closes throttles, flaps and landing gear and such.
what makes it weird is i have different settings for bombers or fighters and load them before using different aircraft.both files have somehow been thrown out and corrupted.

At first thought it was my joystick on it's way out. but it works fine on other games

J-HAT
Feb-02-2014, 06:42
Have tried disabling STEAM cloud? Or checked if it's off?

It should work for you by backing up you .ini files. What happens is sometimes yo change them manually and STEAM tries to repair then"corrupted" file by loadi g the last version it had saved. So, if you started the game for the first time with it on, then turned it off, then it went on for some reason, you will have a very old (with no key bindings for example) being restored.

Reprobator
Feb-03-2014, 04:26
Have tried disabling STEAM cloud? Or checked if it's off?

It should work for you by backing up you .ini files. What happens is sometimes yo change them manually and STEAM tries to repair then"corrupted" file by loadi g the last version it had saved. So, if you started the game for the first time with it on, then turned it off, then it went on for some reason, you will have a very old (with no key bindings for example) being restored.

Thanks, i'll give it a look tomorow evening when i'll back home!

J-HAT
Feb-03-2014, 06:43
Hope it works out for you!

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-03-2014, 10:49
and...

Welcome to the community and forums Reprobator....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...

Reprobator
Feb-05-2014, 05:23
and...

Welcome to the community and forums Reprobator....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...
Thank you for your welcome,
Unfortunately the steam cloud is deactivated in the steam menu for clodo but yet my problem persist ^^
And well when you are low level bombing , it's a sentence of death :)
It seems like steam doesn't take it into account because some of my settings (like realistic difficulties) seems to be reset from time to time

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-05-2014, 08:28
Repro.....Its always a good idea to back the files up.....There a re only a couple you need to back up and they are small....So the moment you have everything working and set up as you want go here...:

C:\Users\'YOUR NAME'\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

In here you need to copy the files....'confUser' and 'user'

confUser - This is all your key dedications

user - This is all your gun convergences and specific weapon loadouts

If you copy these files and put them somewhere if you have any problems in the future you can always then revert back to these settings.....by replacing them in the game folder above

PS...I have about 5 - 6 different 'user' files to change all my convergences and loadouts in one easy move for all aircraft...I just replace the file..

Reprobator
Feb-05-2014, 13:36
Repro.....Its always a good idea to back the files up.....There a re only a couple you need to back up and they are small....So the moment you have everything working and set up as you want go here...:

C:\Users\'YOUR NAME'\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

In here you need to copy the files....'confUser' and 'user'

confUser - This is all your key dedications

user - This is all your gun convergences and specific weapon loadouts

If you copy these files and put them somewhere if you have any problems in the future you can always then revert back to these settings.....by replacing them in the game folder above

PS...I have about 5 - 6 different 'user' files to change all my convergences and loadouts in one easy move for all aircraft...I just replace the file..

In fact that's what i did already i got my binding ini saved as reprobator.ini in the C:\Users\'YOUR NAME'\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD
i just have to reload it, but the problem is that it happen to be reverted to the confuser.ini one while i'm ingame and inflight, i wonder if i rename it confuser.ini if it would sort of fix it?

Edit : No luck so far!