PDA

View Full Version : RAF Gunsite Fix??

DoolittleRaider
Feb-03-2014, 22:08
I've been away from ClOD for a while...

Originally, the Gunsight had an error/bug...The workaround was to double the Range setting...so if your guns were set to converge at 150 yards, you would set the range of the gunsight at 300 yards. Then the target act would appear correctly sized in the gunsight when you actually were flying 150yds from the target.

Is this workaround with the Gunsight settings still necessary? Or has the gunsight been Fixed in TF 4.0 to work with the correct convergence range entered?

ATAG_Freya
Feb-03-2014, 22:21
No bugs anymore, but I think when you set your convergence in the GUI, the values are in meters, and the in cockpit settings are in yards, therefore a conversion of the units is needed to translate this.. 1 meter is 1.09361 yards. There was a post that explains this somewhere, but I can't find it right now, sorry.

Pls excuse me, where are my manners? -- WELCOME BACK!!!

Mysticpuma
Feb-04-2014, 02:42
I've been away from ClOD for a while...

Originally, the Gunsight had an error/bug...The workaround was to double the Range setting...so if your guns were set to converge at 150 yards, you would set the range of the gunsight at 300 yards. Then the target act would appear correctly sized in the gunsight when you actually were flying 150yds from the target.

Is this workaround with the Gunsight settings still necessary? Or has the gunsight been Fixed in TF 4.0 to work with the correct convergence range entered?

Blimey! Welcome back DR! CloD certainly is beginning to re-emerge from the sad days of it's forced release. There have been huge advances and it's changed hugely since it was abandoned by 1C.

One question, what made you give it another try?

Cheers, MP

DoolittleRaider
Feb-04-2014, 04:49
Blimey! Welcome back DR! CloD certainly is beginning to re-emerge from the sad days of it's forced release. There have been huge advances and it's changed hugely since it was abandoned by 1C.

One question, what made you give it another try?

Cheers, MP

Actually, MP, I was somewhat active in the COD community until early 2013...even got into the ATAG on-line server action and Teamspeak for a bit (previously, for many, many years I'd always been strictly an OffLine Single Player type person (IL-2 and COD). I even moderated the 1C COD forum Movie-maker sub-forum, etc...

Then, just as I installed TF4.0, Real Life grasped me: my daughter (grown, early 30's) was blessed with a surprise first and unexpected Miracle Baby, granddaughter Olivia...and I suddenly became a very heavily involved Grandpa and Manny-Nanny over the past 6-7 months. More Fun than any FlightSim activities... So...I have/had drifted away from any/all personal hobbies for a time.

Since you asked....:) Here is Granddaughter Olivia when she discovered the Secret of Invisibility! Her Grandpa being an old retired USAF guy, naturally she acquired "USAF Baby" pinkish Camouflage pajamas...which, when worn against a Sugar&Spice pinkish/rosy background.... VoilĂ ! She magically vanishes! (Squint tightly and concentrate and you might be able to glimpse her face, as her bright smile gives away her location)

Cheers,
DR (aka Wiley)