PDA

View Full Version : Another fabulous video from the famous Mr X

Headshot
Feb-04-2014, 04:36
Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/fqolfc5lLNE

Kling
Feb-04-2014, 06:23
whoa that single 23mm cannon on the Lagg seems to be as deadly if not deadlier than the 3 cannons on the 109!! :O

con3para
Feb-04-2014, 06:40
...........EDIT ............Removed .

Mastiff
Feb-04-2014, 08:53
Im not keen on the pay to play price tag .

can you tell me where's the pay to play price tag at? So I can get my money back...:stunned:

I don't see any pay to play mention in their read ME's or there web page.. So enlightenment...

oh and by the way any game you buy is pay to play..

oh wait your talk'en about WOT.. Right?

Headshot
Feb-04-2014, 09:53
Didn't take long to get negative. I just thought it was a really nice bit of film making. Sigh.

Kling
Feb-04-2014, 09:55
The movie is amazing indeed!!!! im just surprised at how the Ru 23mm is more effective at shoting wings and parts off than the 3 20mm cannons on the 109.

ATAG_Colander
Feb-04-2014, 10:24
Please avoid the 2 topics that experience shows this might bring up:
1.- Mr. X
2.- BoS/CloD discussions

ATAG_EvangelusE
Feb-04-2014, 10:44
Interesting vid! ........:thumbsup:

He who shall not be named in a Friederich? Damned scary thought........:)

ATAG_Naz
Feb-04-2014, 11:12
Damn good video that :thumbsup:

GERMANWOLF
Feb-04-2014, 17:32
750 M lol !!!!:P

Wulf
Feb-04-2014, 19:01
whoa that single 23mm cannon on the Lagg seems to be as deadly if not deadlier than the 3 cannons on the 109!! :O

Well, if your enemy was caught right at your convergence range and you managed to hit the wing with all three weapons at once then I'm sure it would do the trick nicely. However, in most cases I imagine you'd be unlikely to be in that situation and in all probability you'd only register hits with one or two rounds from one or two of your cannons. In such circumstances I'd imagine a a hit with the more powerful 23mm round or a 37mm round would actually be more effective.

Wulf
Feb-04-2014, 19:25
Im not keen on the pay to play price tag .

I just wish that all of those people who object so strongly to the game, (all 38% of it), for whatever reason, (crap cockpits/bad FM/bad DM/bad CEM/crap pricing etc etc) would just sign up to some central register of individuals who are prepared to give the rest of us a cast iron guarantee that they'll never buy or play the thing - ever, under any circumstances. This would hopefully give them an opportunity to make their point and at the same time, allow those people who intend to give the game a go the opportunity to do so in comparative peace.

We could call the register "The Book of Pledge Givers" or something. People who sign would solemnly swear to never play or purchase the game, ON PAIN OF DEATH, ever!! Maybe they could wear a special ring or something (or a tat maybe) so the rest of us could identify them in public as being, 'a bit special'.

Headshot
Feb-04-2014, 20:09
Lol

zionid
Feb-05-2014, 02:34
A nice video of a beautiful and promosing game that gets better with every update. The ww2 sim genre sure has a lot to look forward to on all fronts.

Mattias
Feb-05-2014, 05:08
I just wish that all of those people who object so strongly to the game, (all 38% of it), for whatever reason, (crap cockpits/bad FM/bad DM/bad CEM/crap pricing etc etc) would just sign up to some central register of individuals who are prepared to give the rest of us a cast iron guarantee that they'll never buy or play the thing - ever, under any circumstances. This would hopefully give them an opportunity to make their point and at the same time, allow those people who intend to give the game a go the opportunity to do so in comparative peace.

We could call the register "The Book of Pledge Givers" or something. People who sign would solemnly swear to never play or purchase the game, ON PAIN OF DEATH, ever!! Maybe they could wear a special ring or something (or a tat maybe) so the rest of us could identify them in public as being, 'a bit special'.

:salute:

Much of the negative feedback given is because the game is not finished -they hope to get things they don't like fixed before it's too late. 777 have made a lot of changes based on the feedback they get from their beta testers -improvements that might not have been made if it was not for some complains :thumbsup:
But BoS also get a lot of unconstructive criticism and I fully understand that is frustrating and...unconstructive :D

BTW is the game still only 38% finished? They might need to step things up a bit then :D

Cheers/m

bongodriver
Feb-05-2014, 08:01
The game is 38% but the FM's are apparently 90%, and to be honest there seems to be much more than 10% needing attention in that regard.

LuseKofte
Feb-05-2014, 08:59
In any way you see this , the Video is in world class . I respect any marksman and this man was good. He manage to do every shoot down and show it in a video fun every time.
I heard about this guy, and whatever people say he is a very good shot, and video maker

Mysticpuma
Feb-05-2014, 10:53
I really do like the motion blur effect. The shots with the 109 down low really do give a great impression of speed. Maybe one day something like that will appear in CloD, but it is a really nice feature and the progress is obvious to see. I also like the wings breaking apart that give the impression of a really successful attack. This does happen in Clod but not anywhere as frequently as shown in this video. All in all a good advert for BoS and great video from Mr.X

Cheers, MP

SoW Reddog
Feb-05-2014, 18:53
Looks OK I guess Although I think I'm gonna get tired of seeing wings come off at the slightest hit very quick. Also, the LOD change at 1:00 is horrible, and very close in. Don't know if that's just a video issue.

Not hugely impressed with BoS so where do I sign up Wulf?

Broodwich
Feb-05-2014, 21:54
The movie is amazing indeed!!!! im just surprised at how the Ru 23mm is more effective at shoting wings and parts off than the 3 20mm cannons on the 109.

Because its a russian game DUH :doh:

Skoshi_Tiger
Feb-06-2014, 03:35
Hi Some nice footage there.

I wonder what the realism settings were. At the beginning there are a couple of collisions that leave the ramming plane with no apparent damage. Does flying through debris case damage to the attacking plane?

Cheers!

Foul Ole Ron
Feb-06-2014, 04:06

I wonder what the realism settings were. At the beginning there are a couple of collisions that leave the ramming plane with no apparent damage. Does flying through debris case damage to the attacking plane?

Cheers!

Ramming doesn't seem to cause any damage to the attacking plane. I've smashed up into enemy planes and cut them in two with barely any damage to my own plane - think I lost a bit of my tail and an elevator. No damage at all to the engine / prop. Presume they haven't gotten around to implementing that part of the DM yet. Bugs have been logged on the forum about it.

Skoshi_Tiger
Feb-06-2014, 04:17
Ramming doesn't seem to cause any damage to the attacking plane. I've smashed up into enemy planes and cut them in two with barely any damage to my own plane - think I lost a bit of my tail and an elevator. No damage at all to the engine / prop. Presume they haven't gotten around to implementing that part of the DM yet. Bugs have been logged on the forum about it.

It's early days still. If concerns have been raised through the appropriate channels I guess we just have to sit back and see what happens.

Thanks for the info!

Headshot
Feb-06-2014, 05:20

Cheers!

I wonder about realism settings people have quite often when viewing video of gunnery and flying in all manner of sims. It can leave me feeling quite inadequate when they tell you it's easy to do this or that but no matter how often you try you can't replicate their results.

Osprey
Feb-06-2014, 11:56

I'm not.....

Gromit
Feb-12-2014, 11:30
Looks OK I guess Although I think I'm gonna get tired of seeing wings come off at the slightest hit very quick. Also, the LOD change at 1:00 is horrible, and very close in. Don't know if that's just a video issue.

Weapons modelling looks very arcade like, seems everyone has antimatter cannons!

dogfighting with gunpods on, err, ok!

LuseKofte
Feb-12-2014, 13:18
In Russian front there where 109 equipped with gun pods very often. This due to suppress the increasing amount of IL 2 Sturmovik´s .
People in here tend to look after every little bit of crap to pick on, and it amuse me more than annoy.

To me this sim looks exactly as I suspected it to become, I know there will be changes for the better, I know there always will be things I wish would be better but never will. Just like in CLOD, I fly CLOD right now because there are simply not a sim out there that match it, but it is not in any way complete.
I hope some day it will be a sim that match CLOD, it might not be BOS , but at least for me it will be a supplement and something else

Gromit
Feb-13-2014, 10:43
I comment on what I see, what I see is over the top weapons damage making it look very arcade like, I am entitled to comment, simple as that!

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-13-2014, 19:34
I comment on what I see, what I see is over the top weapons damage making it look very arcade like, I am entitled to comment, simple as that!

Yes you are entitled Gromit. I have a question though, do you actually own the game? Sorry you must if you are commenting on the gun pods. Your right they do make the airplane sloggish in flight. I tried them once and left them off as they cause too much drag.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-13-2014, 19:39

They have fixed the LOD as of last week and it's much, much better than in that early video. Not only can you see the opponent farther away but all POV's are consistent once the target appears.

Mistic Puma, that motion blur is cool but it gets tiresome after a while, like when it kicks in turning your head in TrackIR. Doesn't always happen, usually right at the start when the plane spawns. If you don't like it, you can turn it off by disabling cinematic camera.

9./JG52_Meyer
Feb-14-2014, 03:13
Nice Vid !

AKA_Blasto
Feb-14-2014, 11:19
S!~
Cute video ....

AKA_Blasto

Gromit
Feb-14-2014, 15:25
Yes you are entitled Gromit. I have a question though, do you actually own the game? Sorry you must if you are commenting on the gun pods. Your right they do make the airplane sloggish in flight. I tried them once and left them off as they cause too much drag.

I tend to check out a game before I part with my cash, that's why I never bought CloD when it first came out, so far the video's released for BoS have left me feeling I'm better off leaving it for now!

All the literature I have read on gun pod armed 109's has been pretty consistent with it being totally unsuitable for anything other than knocking bombers about, which is what it was for!

LuseKofte
Feb-14-2014, 16:46
Gromit, it is in no way worth buying in present state for any money. To me it was only for showing my interest, like I did for ROF. Got all planes there but it just does not give me pleasure flying.

I think this can be a really good one when finished as a addition to clod. But Even so the Lagg feels very realistic something is missing. I hope we got QMB and FMB to play with. Multiplayer is not a interest for me until the community is as big as Clod and we got all bombers.
Kind of how the bombers do that determine my activity, if there is going to be a arcadish way of aim those I will not waste any time on it.
My nagging here is more like wtf , it is too early deeming it to hell, it got very good potential .
Clod give the opportunity to bomb in a correct manner because of the auto course give you a pilot while fiddling with the sight , however I question the rest of its realistic feature. I hope but doubt BOS will be any better

Gromit
Feb-15-2014, 08:44
Gromit, it is in no way worth buying in present state for any money. To me it was only for showing my interest, like I did for ROF. Got all planes there but it just does not give me pleasure flying.

I think this can be a really good one when finished as a addition to clod. But Even so the Lagg feels very realistic something is missing. I hope we got QMB and FMB to play with. Multiplayer is not a interest for me until the community is as big as Clod and we got all bombers.
Kind of how the bombers do that determine my activity, if there is going to be a arcadish way of aim those I will not waste any time on it.
My nagging here is more like wtf , it is too early deeming it to hell, it got very good potential .
Clod give the opportunity to bomb in a correct manner because of the auto course give you a pilot while fiddling with the sight , however I question the rest of its realistic feature. I hope but doubt BOS will be any better

I intend to keep an eye on it , just as I did with CloD, but I must admit I view the current video releases with less than enthusiasm as they seem to be aimed at console players with those kind of effects, I don't particularly want to go back to the silly blowing planes to bits nonsense we had in 1946, I appreciate that kind of thing sells games but for me it's simply too arcade like!

LuseKofte
Feb-15-2014, 10:12
Well they give you one JU-87 and one IL-2 . You can build the D-3 with load out for a G-1 you add armor plates on side of pit and add cannons witch take away dive brakes.
The IL 2 give you a option on load out to add rear gunner, 20 mm, 23mm or 37 mm cannon.
The flightcontrolls obviously suffer to the lack of trimming but give a correct feel to the airframe. I will have to try it more to see if the added turret give a more heavy airframe.
But, I doubt the FM can be historical doing it this way, but flying it give me great pleasure. The game got a huge potential and give no feeling of being arcadish

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-15-2014, 17:38
It doesn't feel arcadish at all to me and I have flown it since we first could. What it is doing, is getting better at each update which is very encouraging. Multiplayer is everything to me so the jury is still out but we should know in a week or so as that starts to kick in. As far as the size of the community, I think it is going to be large relatively speaking, since many clod players and RoF players are already there along with others. :thumbsup: Sky's the limit and fingers crossed for DCS WW2 also. We are entering an unpresidented time of opportunity and plenty. :salute:

ZG15_robtek
Feb-16-2014, 07:15
The effectivity of the wepons is arcadish, imo.
CloD manages this way better, i believe, as there were often damaged planes returning in RL, but not with missing wings or tails :D.
Even in CloD i.e the radiator damage is overdone, imo, as there were many 109's (2 cooling circuits) returning to base or at least to the beach with radiator leaks.

LuseKofte
Feb-16-2014, 07:42
I have to disagree yet again, it is obvious that the coding and damagemodel is not finnished. So compering it to CLOD is waaay off atm .

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-16-2014, 07:49
I have to disagree yet again, it is obvious that the coding and damagemodel is not finnished. So compering it to CLOD is waaay off atm .

+1 Lets wait till it is released before making comparisons.

vranac
Feb-16-2014, 08:09

Actually, it's finished.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 13:52

ALECK, on 11 Feb 2014 - 10:42, said:

Albert, that ballistics and characteristics of the weapons that we have now is the final version? Just after they give us online will not be surprised if voting is about weapons: too-powerful, accurate, do as in the old il2. did not want a repetition of history with visibility. What is your opinion about this? Thank you.

Yes it is the final version. Only errors will be corrected . Any talk of modeling aircraft FM, DM or Ballistics will be conducted only with the presentation of documents or comparative tests. Ie argumented. Opinions or adjectives in the discussion will not be considered.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/1167-obsuzhdenie-52-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/page-20&usg=ALkJrhicQvNKwtMgJI_g_-InjkkqTpwO0g#entry132435

LuseKofte
Feb-16-2014, 08:42
Well that is what I mean, there are quite a few errors. What end result will be we will see. I am confident this is going to be quite a good show.
I can personally spend all day talking about other finished sim lacks and disliking. To me a game is not finished until it stops being a Alpha, Beta and start being called a sim.
The damage model is not finished since you can fly with a broken plane, there are so many errors with it that almost all critique about it will be fixed.
If not it is ridiculous
I do like the IL 2 it gave me great hope

vranac
Feb-16-2014, 09:27
You can read it as you like but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't see DM if it isn't finished. Weapons were finished before DM and because of that you're flying without them.

And little bit more about FM.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:37

Maler, on 09 Feb 2014 - 23:02, said:

It would be better if you tuned FM of 2 aircraft before we go online. Planes both fly on rubber bands. More and handle you have to constantly push from yourself. How it all does not fit in with the best fm from Petrovich.

Best it in your head. None of us about his work in terms of better or worse. We like it. You do not like and you quite often and generally talk about it out loud. You were heard, money on the game isn't wasted and your opinion have the least possible priority. In the test you were invited you refused on religious grounds. So from that point of one who might benefit you turn into a resentful life trol.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-16-2014, 10:17
That is someone elses (Maler) opinion on how it flys. How do you feel it flys?

Personally I like it. It feels different that CLoD but not really in any negative way. Just different and for me that's a good thing and adds interest. It requires a deft touch to fly smoothly and IMO is more difficult to fly with precision. I love CLoD and can say it is my favorite sim but BoS is looking good and getting better all the time. I'm just looking forwards to all the largesse.

vranac
Feb-16-2014, 10:47
I quoted that because of the answer ( bolded part ) about FM.

I don't have BoS. I watch videos and I see a lot of strange behavior of the aeroplanes. And I was reading what other pilots think, RL pilots.
Recently my friend, excellent virtual pilot and also RL military pilot bought it and described his opinion exactly the same. He is flying RoF a lot.

I can't tell anyone what to like or dislike but that FM is wrong. It is not realistic.

LuseKofte
Feb-16-2014, 16:47
To tell you the truth, in my opinion the game physic´s are better in BOS than anything else I tried. I do not like that unintelligent answer either.
But the errors in the damage model are many and if they are fixed I am not sure it need that many tweaks.
The FM in this game will always be a disagreement. I kind of got my hope up when flying the IL 2 , to me this is very positive. The JU 87 will come and then again we will see.

Headshot
Feb-16-2014, 23:10
I find it frustrating when you have a debate over something with someone that has never actually tried the thing that is being debated.

Imagine how many movies a person would miss if they only went to movies some harsh movie critic said was ok. Better to just watch the movie themselves and form their own opinion I say.

We would have many many more people playing COD now if people ignored the hype and just tried it themselves. Some are only now trying out COD and have missed out on 2 years of what I think is the finest flight sim ever to date.

To me BOS is history repeating. If it ends up substandard then just keep playing COD, but unfortunately even If it is a worthy successor to COD many will not move over because of a fear of change, just like 1946 to COD.

vranac
Feb-17-2014, 05:59
To tell you the truth, in my opinion the game physic´s are better in BOS than anything else I tried. I do not like that unintelligent answer either.
But the errors in the damage model are many and if they are fixed I am not sure it need that many tweaks.
The FM in this game will always be a disagreement. I kind of got my hope up when flying the IL 2 , to me this is very positive. The JU 87 will come and then again we will see.

You can like it or dislike it as I said, same with my unintelligent answer.

" aeroplane is too much unstable in all directions"
" when you hit rudder it rolls in 1 sec ) you should pool stick on yourself for a snap roll but here you only need rudder to do it"
" when I push or pool the stick for AoA aeroplane behaves better than the best acrobatic modern plane."
"in a stall fight it's crazy, I can fight at 90 km/h without a stall "...

I didn't want to post those videos again but now it's necessary. Explain this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SveBPF6AN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0qumyf3bk

LuseKofte
Feb-17-2014, 06:46
Vranac I was refering to this answer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Loft
Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:37

Maler, on 09 Feb 2014 - 23:02, said:

It would be better if you tuned FM of 2 aircraft before we go online. Planes both fly on rubber bands. More and handle you have to constantly push from yourself. How it all does not fit in with the best fm from Petrovich.

Best it in your head. None of us about his work in terms of better or worse. We like it. You do not like and you quite often and generally talk about it out loud. You were heard, money on the game isn't wasted and your opinion have the least possible priority. In the test you were invited you refused on religious grounds. So from that point of one who might benefit you turn into a resentful life trol.

Your answer has never been unintelligent, you show a healthy sceptic interest witch I do understand. Sorry for my confusing post. It is due to think in Norwegian and answer in English

LuseKofte
Feb-17-2014, 06:52
And I will not explain that, because I simply do not like flying the 109, If the flight model isn't going to be change you never will se me fly in it.
That said I will repeat myself from another tread. And try not to make this a comment negative towards another sim I love CLOD

Flying the LAGG and now the IL2 give me a experience I never felt before. To me the physic´s is so real that it beat all other sim I flown. The visual experience is also very good and I compare this feelings with the same I had flying basic IL2 back in 2002.
And that none here can take away from me

Headshot
Feb-17-2014, 07:04
Very interesting video vranac. Are they your recordings and do you know what difficulty settings were used ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0qumyf3bk[/QUOTE]

vranac
Feb-17-2014, 07:30
Vranac I was refering to this answer ;)

No problem mate )

The point is they promised the best FM. Petrovich has a very good reputation. I expected a very good FM.
Try to dive in LaGG 60* 600 km/h then pool out sharp as you can. You'll loose only 250m of altitude (devs confirmed that). Manual clearly states 1400 m.
That is because you got to pool out LaGG very gently out of a dive. If you do that too quickly aeroplane will start jumping from wing to wing and enter into a spin.
Not to mention g forces for such maneuver, 9-10 g.

About DM, I knew that will be like this, Loft said much earlier that 1-2 cannon shells will down a aereoplane, not specifying where.
I understand that decision, people generally like that.

But in RL it wasn't like that. Look at multiple cannon hits at the wings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxOIHDILmc

@Headshot, not mine but you can try it, the first one is easy.

Headshot
Feb-17-2014, 08:14
If the video shown is set to easy it has nothing to do with the games real FM. Only on full real settings can you then debate whether or not FM is realistic.

vranac
Feb-17-2014, 08:47
Headshot, not mine but you can try it, the first one is easy to try it yourself. )
And second one also. I tried that in CloD.

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-17-2014, 09:13
Very interesting video vranac. Are they your recordings and do you know what difficulty settings were used ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0qumyf3bk

Those were recorded with the fullest/highest realism settings. There is an FM thread in the founders forum discussing those videos/FM but it was quickly closed/locked.

LuseKofte
Feb-17-2014, 09:47
Well personally I find the 109 extremely easy to fly, never tested these maneuvers tho. I agree on the simplicity to its FM and it should be revised. I do not like to fly it.
I am sure there is a lot to say about any FM, I can only recommend try it yourself.
I am very pleased for what I see on the latest update

Tvrdi
Feb-17-2014, 10:03
Well personally I find the 109 extremely easy to fly, never tested these maneuvers tho. I agree on the simplicity to its FM and it should be revised. I do not like to fly it.

109s FM in its current state is...not believable. Was much worse before latest updates. Not to mentio the LAGGs roll rate which is laughable. I will judge when they release the game. Game? Yes, not a hardcore sim, because it will be IMHO, a crossover of Warthunder and old IL2. Not generally a bad thing (I gues masses will play) but not a good sign for hardcore simmers...You know, the ones that always "complain" about FMs, DMs, and wants historical FMs (as possible), who fiddle with knobs etc....

LuseKofte
Feb-17-2014, 14:35
Just read an article about a Hurricane pilot that actually flew head on at a a 110 and I quote I gave him a 4 second burst and the plane disintegrated in front of his eye. I guess he killed the pilot since he saw only one person bail out. As I see it , shooting off big items is not that rear after all.
I read several of incident like this and I will probably find the articles soon since I am selling my house.
But the referred one is in the latest Flypast issue.

I fully respect anyone that is sceptic, but for me this latest update won me over. I can and will not live without this sim because the IL 2 alone is worth the money

LuseKofte
Feb-17-2014, 17:40
By the way , BOS gave me the same feeling as IL2 did when I flew it the first time in 2002. Whatever anyone say it can't take that feeling away. And why should you?
I resign from any discussion on this matter anymore, it really serve no purpose

Headshot
Feb-18-2014, 03:50
LuseKofte I know how you feel. Any BOS video posted on this forum is flamed. No other videos get this type of scrutiny. I am starting to think the BOS section of the ATAG site should just be shut down. :(

gavagai
Feb-18-2014, 07:25
LuseKofte I know how you feel. Any BOS video posted on this forum is flamed. No other videos get this type of scrutiny. I am starting to think the BOS section of the ATAG site should just be shut down. :(

777/1C have at least half of the responsibility for that result.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-18-2014, 07:40
I quoted that because of the answer ( bolded part ) about FM.

I don't have BoS. I watch videos and I see a lot of strange behavior of the aeroplanes. And I was reading what other pilots think, RL pilots.
Recently my friend, excellent virtual pilot and also RL military pilot bought it and described his opinion exactly the same. He is flying RoF a lot.

I can't tell anyone what to like or dislike but that FM is wrong. It is not realistic.

Looking at it through someone's early video's and flying it are two very different things. Earlier on you said that "you thought" the FM's were complete when in fact the latest updates have changed many things for the better!

I am also an ex-military pilot (rotor) and have a couple of thousand fixed wing hours as well. All I can tell you is that the FM is different to Clod. Neither of them are correct or truely realistic if you want the truth of it. That said, they are both allot of fun and (thankfully) different to each other. I'm glad they are different because it forces you to develope another skill set to be proficient. It's a good thing IMO. Most of one's clod skills will translate but the fact that you will have to fly and practice to get good in BoS, is game! :salute:

Kling
Feb-18-2014, 07:51
Just read an article about a Hurricane pilot that actually flew head on at a a 110 and I quote I gave him a 4 second burst and the plane disintegrated in front of his eye. I guess he killed the pilot since he saw only one person bail out. As I see it , shooting off big items is not that rear after all.
I read several of incident like this and I will probably find the articles soon since I am selling my house.
But the referred one is in the latest Flypast issue.

I fully respect anyone that is sceptic, but for me this latest update won me over. I can and will not live without this sim because the IL 2 alone is worth the money

well... what type of Hurricane?! If he had 4 20mm cannons then it makes sense...

Headshot
Feb-18-2014, 09:08
777/1C have at least half of the responsibility for that result.

Gun to my head. Now I pull the trigger. Peace at last.

vranac
Feb-18-2014, 09:27
Looking at it through someone's early video's and flying it are two very different things. Earlier on you said that "you thought" the FM's were complete when in fact the latest updates have changed many things for the better!

I am also an ex-military pilot (rotor) and have a couple of thousand fixed wing hours as well. All I can tell you is that the FM is different to Clod. Neither of them are correct or truely realistic if you want the truth of it. That said, they are both allot of fun and (thankfully) different to each other. I'm glad they are different because it forces you to develope another skill set to be proficient. It's a good thing IMO. Most of one's clod skills will translate but the fact that you will have to fly and practice to get good in BoS, is game! :salute:

Please don't make me to quote developers again that both planes should fly like that.

And as a RL pilot please comment those "early videos" and impressions of my friend. Is he wrong in any statement ?
As only a virtual pilot with limited knowledge I know that in a reversed loop like that g forces would be tremendous in a 3t aeroplane
and engine will stay without oil very quickly because of the position and the construction of the oil tank.

Headshot
Feb-18-2014, 09:38
Have you ever heard of a dry sump?

Headshot
Feb-18-2014, 22:45
With the second video Who the hell flys like that. If you flew like that online you would be dead meat. It's like in COD you could do a continues aileron roll, in real life you couldn't do it but guys these are games and can be exploited if thats what you want to do.

Back on subject befor being hijacked my oliganal post was,

"this is a cool video"

http://youtu.be/fqolfc5lLNE

Not hey guys pick the shit out off this.

Yes there's faults we can see that and so can Mrx, but he's having fun with it. Not sulking and picking fights like a child because there's a new game to play and its not the one he wants to play.

LuseKofte
Feb-19-2014, 00:45
well... what type of Hurricane?! If he had 4 20mm cannons then it makes sense...

Early BOB , no cannons