PDA

View Full Version : Skins problem in Desastersoft Campaign

Graham
Feb-04-2014, 17:28
I started a campaign called 7./JG26 The Battle of Britain in Fighter Aces! Adolf Galland and for some reason the planes I'm flying with have the wrong skins. When I was flying the same campaign a couple of months ago I'm sure (could be wrong) the skins were different. Also, they don't match the planes you see in the pics before the mission starts.

I've tried reinstalling but it hasn't made any difference. It's not a big deal but it's irritating.

Does anyone know whats going wrong and if anything can be done?

Kodoss
Feb-04-2014, 17:57
First, welcome to ATAG forum.

Second, Team Fusion Wiki at top in the yellow bar: http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=desastersoft
Check if you also copied the PaintSchemes folder.

:salute:

Graham
Feb-04-2014, 18:13
Hello and thanks for the welcome.

I've tried all that you suggest but it still isn't working.

What I don't understand is it was fine a few months ago.

Graham
Feb-05-2014, 16:55
Does anyone know what's going on?

I've uninstalled and re-installed 4 times and the wrong skins keep coming out. Maybe it's something to do with copying and pasting the folders? It's doing my head in.

Kodoss
Feb-06-2014, 03:18
Could you try this:

After installing, update the Gallant Campaign (Desastersoft updater) and copy all the folder again.

Graham
Feb-06-2014, 08:24
I've installed the game, then WaD and FAG add-ons, updated both, then installed TF mods. Lastly, I copy and paste the folders.

Kodoss
Feb-07-2014, 16:58
You might have to select them manually.

After the mission load screen, select player-aircraft.
Switch markings off and then select the paintscheme if necessary.

By the Wick and dundas campaign, the Wick markings are working and set up for the player A/C (checked via ingame mission builder).

You can also check it yourself.
Go to the game folder then /parts/desastersoft/mission/campaign/campaign_wick_de/
Copy a missiom (*.mis-file) and paste it into the documents/1C../Il2..- MOD/missions/Single/ folder.
Then you can open the mission in the mission editor and check which paintscheme is selected for the player A/C.

It can be that only the Adolf Gallant campaign has setup markings for each mission.
But I can't check that now (have ordered the Addon yesterday).

Kodoss
Feb-08-2014, 07:07
From the Adolf Galland campaign intro text:

"Wählen Sie im Flugzeugmenü die Lackierung "IIIJG26_Galland_14ak.jpg" als ersten Skin aus! Ihr Rufzeichen ist Falke 1!
Sie können nun, je nachdem, welche Erfolge Sie erzielen, entsprechende Flugzeugskins auswählen! Diese sind dann auch sichtbar. Bedingung ist aber die vorherige Auswahl!
Ändern Sie die Lackierung auf jeden Fall, wenn Sie zum Kommodore ernannt werden. Die Kommodore Lackierungen beginnen mit "StabJG26_Galland...jpg"."

Choose in the Aircraft menu the paintscheme/skin "IIIJG26_Galland_14ak.jpg" as first skin! Your call sign is Falke 1!
You can now, dependent on which success you have, choose the appropriate aircraft skin! Those are then visible. Condition is however the previosly selection!
Change the paintscheme definitely, when you get promoted to Kommodore. The Kommodore paintschemes beginn with "StabJG26_Galland...jpg".

Graham
Feb-08-2014, 10:11
Thanks for your help Kodoss.

I have been selecting the skins manually but it's the other planes that have the wrong paint schemes. One thing I noticed the skins came out correctly before installing the TF mod.

You can also check it yourself.
Go to the game folder then /parts/desastersoft/mission/campaign/campaign_wick_de/
Copy a missiom (*.mis-file) and paste it into the documents/1C../Il2..- MOD/missions/Single/ folder.
Then you can open the mission in the mission editor and check which paintscheme is selected for the player A/C.

Not sure I understand but I'll give it a go when I've got the time. Cheers!

Chocsaway
Mar-26-2014, 12:00
Firstly, thanks again to all involved in making this fantastic mod.

I have the same problem with skins using the Desastersoft add-ons and the 4.3 mod. I'm unable to select my own skin and my aircraft and wingmens aircraft are now all black whether it's Hurricane, Spitfire, or ME109. Wingmens aircraft have no markings either.

Like Graham I've tried just about everything to try and rectify this problem without success. Any guidance is appreciated.

EDIT:-The problem with 'black' aircraft was solved for me by simply moving the weathering slider...:doh:

Mrmaverick
Mar-31-2014, 13:04
Gday, i dont know why, but the skins in the Desastersoft add ons for the the AI are set to default in their .mis files and dont use the skins that have been made for them. read the thread in here about the weapon load outs for these add ons in this single player lounge, not only do you need to change every planes skin manually with the FMB, you can change the weapon load outs at the same time.Hours of fun.

just a thought, in multiplayer online ,the skins are locked out, you can see your own skin but others see a default skin. maybe that has somthing to do with it as the TF updates are mostly focused on the online gameplay. this may be a casualty of progress.