PDA

View Full Version : Can't install Luftwaffe REDUX campaign for TF MOD

dhillr
Feb-07-2014, 04:15
RAF Redux Campaign works just fine, but I get the message below on the picture when I try to install Luftwaffe campaign.

Can anyone help me please?

bolox
Feb-07-2014, 05:47
The file that seems to be getting stuck is one of the briefing pics, so nothing serious.
Have the rest of the files installed at all?
Did you try running installer as administrator?- I suspect a UAC issue as you have steam installed in program files area.

heinkill
Feb-07-2014, 06:46
Yes that is just a briefing photograph, so even if it was corrupt, the campaign should still run if it was installed correctly.

In these situations I always:

- redownload and try again in case it was a corrupt download
- look at what bolox said (but then, why were you able to install the raf redux without any probs)
- check that you did in fact install it to the right directory (eg steam/parts/bob/campaign TF mod directory)

H

dhillr
Feb-07-2014, 06:48
The file that seems to be getting stuck is one of the briefing pics, so nothing serious.
Have the rest of the files installed at all?
Did you try running installer as administrator?- I suspect a UAC issue as you have steam installed in program files area.

No. The installer just stops extracting the rest of the files when the error occurs. I only see some jpeg files installed.
I have tried running it as administrator, downloading different version of the file, installing it on different folder but none of these works for me. :(

dhillr
Feb-07-2014, 07:08
Yes that is just a briefing photograph, so even if it was corrupt, the campaign should still run if it was installed correctly.

In these situations I always:

- redownload and try again in case it was a corrupt download
- look at what bolox said (but then, why were you able to install the raf redux without any probs)
- check that you did in fact install it to the right directory (eg steam/parts/bob/campaign TF mod directory)

H

I haven't figured out what the problem is yet but thanks for all these great works. I can't wait to play the Malta too! :D

heinkill
Feb-07-2014, 11:01
I haven't figured out what the problem is yet but thanks for all these great works. I can't wait to play the Malta too! :D

Are you confident enough to do a manual install? If so I can just send it to you as a zip file and you can put it in manually.

H

dhillr
Feb-07-2014, 17:40
Are you confident enough to do a manual install? If so I can just send it to you as a zip file and you can put it in manually.

H

Oh~ Could you do that for me? I'm 100% sure that'll do for me. In case I'm leaving my email here. Thanks heinkill.

heinkill
Feb-08-2014, 08:37
Oh~ Could you do that for me? I'm 100% sure that'll do for me. In case I'm leaving my email here. Thanks heinkill. email :

Here you go, the instructions for manually installing campaigns are here:

- go to your steam modded folder eg :\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover MOD\parts\bob\mission\campaign
- Make a copy of your existing campaign_de folder
- Replace it with this one

https://app.box.com/s/am4vpcqti4oj56f6hosy

(PS suggest you delete your email from the post above to avoid it being sucked up and used for spam...)

Cheers

Fred

dhillr
Feb-08-2014, 10:36
Here you go, the instructions for manually installing campaigns are here:

- go to your steam modded folder eg :\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover MOD\parts\bob\mission\campaign
- Make a copy of your existing campaign_de folder
- Replace it with this one

https://app.box.com/s/am4vpcqti4oj56f6hosy

(PS suggest you delete your email from the post above to avoid it being sucked up and used for spam...)

Cheers

Fred

wow~ I just installed it and finally, now I can play Luftwaffe missions!!

I really appreciate your help heinkill. Salute! :thumbsup: