PDA

View Full Version : Is this an acceptable tactic or just childish?

ATAG_EvangelusE
Dec-02-2011, 14:59
A player purposely landing on an enemy airstrip to divert flak so that others can roam freely over it?

For me, it's more typical of the juvenile behaviour I would expect on FPS console games.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Dec-02-2011, 15:14
I hope that isnt a serious question mate..

'Childish' would be a Mild description of such behavior

Dutch
Dec-02-2011, 15:24
A player purposely landing on an enemy airstrip to divert flak so that others can roam freely over it?

I'd certainly call it juvenile mate, especially as they're matyring themselves so a mate can rack up strafing kills in the hundreds.

It seems principally to be MK.something russian beginning with 'M' who does it on behalf of our good friend alambash. Yesterday he bellied it in just as I was taking off, so I turned straight around after take-off and strafed him. Then as soon as he burst into flames, he 'left the server', so the kll was AI.

But on the other hand, we gotta take the rough with the smooth, and I got plenty kills yesterday covering those two bases. :Grin:

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-02-2011, 15:54
While that is pretty low, adminning for something like that just opens another can of worms etc. That is gaming the game so to speak. Sad but true.

Exploits on the other hand are a completely different topic though.

As you've said, if those guys want to hang around "Mansgate" as Dawg calls it lol, then it ought to be easy pickings coming from another airfield with all those guys on the deck.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-02-2011, 16:21
Can tanks be placed on the airfield so they get shot to pieces if they do that?
Better yet, could the player be forced to wait a period of time before jumping into another plane if landed behind enemy lines? (kind of like "captured" for an hour).

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-02-2011, 19:45
We are really pushing it as it is as far as the number of objects / performance in that small area of coastal England. As far as captured, I'm sure it could be scripted in somehow, but that may also harm those who unintentionally have to land/bailout over enemy territory - and we wouldn't want that.

We're still trying to test different ways for AAA to be effective. If only it was like the old IL2 :inq:

ATAG_Torian
Dec-03-2011, 08:31
I pointed this "tactic" out when I openned the IIa discussion. Its been going on
for a couple of weeks now as part of the Russians rape and pillage policy.
We may need to open another airfield for the IIa at say Lympne. Still with the 5 in
total but just available elswhere if these guys are gonna persist with this.
I know its a lotta fun flying blue but might I suggest that any of us flyin blue
when these guys appear switch to red so we can beat the snot outta them.
Torian

ATAG_EvangelusE
Dec-03-2011, 09:32
Support from the Blues?.....whatever next...:) I wonder how they would react if they suddenly saw a 'switch sides armada' when they log in?

Seriousley though, moving the Spit2 to another base such as 'limp pony' and I bet these guys will simply target that one instead.

Maidstone is a better alternative, it requires you to navigate to it and the flight time from Calais is quite long if a player has to RTB or re-spawn. This could provide valuable time for Allied Spit2 pilots to spawn and help protect the base from continued zero alt. assaults.

They certainly wont be able to rack up as many kills per hour with a lengthy flight time each time they spawn and I would estimate a 50% drop in their kills figure per session targetting Maidstone.

Whiskey
Dec-03-2011, 10:25
I agree, the IIa planes should be moved to an inland base.

As for the russians, I have played many games, EVE Online being one, that they use what ever "exploit" or tactic that gives them the edge....modem kicking, fire ext. when your shooting them, landing at enemy base to divert flak, baiting, and the list goes on. No real way to deter that action really short of banning.

They used this tactic before the IIa, they will use it until it is countered and then they will change it to some other exploit.

But, changing IIa base location is a good counter, but don't let the location out in the briefing...that is an invitation to vulch.

Whiskey

XE9O
Dec-03-2011, 10:41
~S~ I saw the same thing this morning, No problem we adjusted our tactics and setup layers of defence and shot down many. The adjusted there tactics and we adjusted our and made for a good time . ~S~

XE90:dthumb:

ATAG_Torian
Dec-03-2011, 11:36
What I actually meant was to allow the Spit IIa at both Manston and Lympne but
still with a total of 5 limit ie, u might have 2 spawning at Manston and 3 at Lympne
but a TOTAL of 5 only at any one time.
The distance between Manston and Lympne would mean they couldn't cover both
and then both bases can lend support to each other without having to fly across
half the map.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Dec-03-2011, 12:00
The introduction of the Spit2 caused the expected backlash from some Blues but my observations are that it has not really impacted or affected the general 'feel' of the current server missions regards stat kills.

Splitting them up is a good idea but, for me, having maybe two at Maidstone would be a better choice than having them all within a short flying time from Calais and based on the southern coast.

I have only been able to select the Spit 2 on one occaision but, given the choice, I would always TO from Maidstone, this is my preferred choice anyway despite the longer flying time - it guarantees a peaceful climb to 16K and not a single blue for 50 miles......a few SpitMk2s there may just cause me to be less complacent and - may improve my chance of getting into one of these highly desirable ac....:laugh1

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Dec-04-2011, 10:58
Just a suggestion...

Stats are for your eyes only?... you wanna see how your getting on? fine check yer stats

Do you have a have a 'league' table?..who is that for exactly?

its just a 'whos got the biggest ***' table and DOES bring with it actions from stat whores of which youve already seen

get rid of the all to see table and your take away the need to do crazy things just so you can wave yer **** about online