PDA

View Full Version : WWII Music compilation.

Markie
Feb-08-2014, 05:26
Everyone enjoys variety. So after hearing the two themes played endlessly each time I start the game the novelty has worn out completely. Actually as pieces they do conjure up the atmosphere of the era. After speaking to my father about his recollections of songs and themes and speeches from around WWII I have put together these examples. Sure to cause debate as to what was put in and what was left out it is nonetheless a healthy start. It is true these would not have been the exact songs of the period and place for these battles but much more general in scope. Quite obviously I am not an historian like some experts here.

To use download the five zipped files. Un-compress all files (Fifty) and paste into the 1C Softclub "music" folder under il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD subfolder. Any files you do not like simply omit and it should still work. The program on startup will select the next file in rotation. I hope they are appreciated and spur others on to produce their own list of favourites.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-08-2014, 08:37
Fantastic, Markie! :thumbsup: Looking forward to trying these. Thanks very much!

:)

danperin
Feb-08-2014, 17:43
I totally approve this selection! :thumbsup:

Markie
Feb-27-2014, 18:53
Anyone have ideas for artists. I can't promise anything but wanting to put together another set sometime.

=FI=Murph
Feb-27-2014, 23:43
Django Reinhardt. Al Bolley.

Markie
Feb-28-2014, 01:19
Thanks, Django Reinhardt was a genius - awkward, temperamental, moody ...your typical artist. I will go back now and look at some of his work again. Hmm

Doozy
Feb-28-2014, 06:49
Thank You Mark ,
What a great idea :thumbsup:

Doozy

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-28-2014, 07:39
Django Reinhardt. Al Bolley.

+1
:thumbsup:

Markie
Mar-09-2014, 03:24
Listened to many songs and themes and after some good advice produced twenty more files on top of the original twenty. Hopefully they are indicative of the types of music during WWII that most people enjoy hearing and gives a retrospective feel to the simulation sadly and sorely lacking in this area. Quite an unusual variety and should appeal in taste in a general and broad sense. Please enjoy and comment.

Markie
Mar-24-2014, 02:11
Increased number to 50 themes, songs and speeches so that by the time the first one comes around again you have forgotten some of them. A wide spread and a great background I think to starting the game with a nostalgic feeling from the original artists. The quality has been checked to give the best audio I can muster. Appreciate, comment and tell others.

Haviland
Mar-24-2014, 15:17
Cheers man, thanks for putting this together. Great stuff.