PDA

View Full Version : Can you set a custom regiment ID for RAF online play?

Osprey
Feb-10-2014, 12:11
In IL2 1946 you could update the regiments.cfg file (or whatever it was) and point to that in game allowing any letter or number you wanted on your aircraft. Is this possible in COD?

I fly for No.501 (SD) but I'm the Wing Co for Kenley, we have No.615 and No.64 too. Wing Co would not use a squadron ID but rather their own initials, such as Johnnie Johnson "JE-J" (James Edgar Johnson) and Douglas Badar (DB). In campaign I use my skin to show TB-P, Thomas Baine Prickman, who was the WIng Co for Kenley during a part of the Battle of Britain, but I cannot set this in game on skinless servers. Does anybody know how?

We prefer skins because the in game fonts are crap, for example here are our skins for Kenley Wing squadrons, check the different fonts:

Here's mine

Would be good to be able to change the font styles or add fonts for lettering, or customise it somehow, and also to add the Squadron Leader/Wing Commander pennants like noseart.

~S~

Osprey
Feb-12-2014, 10:39
Nobody? :(

9./JG52_J-HAT
Feb-12-2014, 12:03
Sorry Osprey, can't help you with the RAF markings. I wanted to do something similar with the german markings but only I. Gruppe is avaliable with it's stab, so no markings from the other two Gruppen, unless you select a squadron.