PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Update - Feb 14th 2014 - Happy Valentine's Day...no it's not ready!

Mysticpuma
Feb-14-2014, 17:05
I'll start with a disclaimer. In the last update I said the next update would probably be when we released v4.01. So I had a choice today. Have an update...or just leave everyone sitting there wondering what was going on or if the patch release would happen. So in the end, here goes.

It has been noted that a few community posters are being critical of the delay in the release of this next patch/update. In all honesty, there is very little we can do to curtail this behaviour because the only way to give in to demands to release it 'now', would only see players installing the update and seconds later...bug reports flying in to us! It's really getting to be a catch-22!

Anyway, that being said, we are keen to get it released because we need to concentrate on v5.00, which will be massive in comparison to this next patch.

In relation to the above line, for those that missed it, there will no longer be a v4.01. v4.01 was started with the intention of it being the same as v3.01. A 'Hotfix', designed to just tweak a couple of areas, get it released and then we could concentrate on v4.00.

Well since v4.01 was started, many small breakthroughs have been made. Steadily as each of these 'breakthrough's' were added, it became obvious to us that this couldn't be a hotfix any more. In-fact, so many changes have been made it was decided that even v4.1 wouldn't suffice. So with that said, the next update/patch will now be v4.2

This is a huge patch in comparison to what v4.01 was going to be and adds a lot more content to the Sim than we expected in such a short time. So-far we have been testing v4.2 for over two-weeks and found a few irritating bugs that, while not show-stoppers, really needed a bit of polishing to make sure they didn't cause issues on release. The main things, and I need to restate this, is that once v4.2 is out, Team Fusion will shut down for a break and there most likely will be no more fixes/tweaks/features/additions until v5.00 hits the forums. For that reason we need to make sure v4.2 is as perfect as we can get it, because we don't want players to feel disenfranchised if there is a bug that wont be addressed until v5.00...and that could be late in 2014 or even the start of 2015!!! We wont know until much later this-year ;)

V4.2 will be a great update, add huge amounts of features and should certainly keep players coming back for more, as-well as attracting new simulation fans.

So, sadly, it's really another on of those irritating...."we are testing" and "it's not ready yet" posts, but there is no choice. We want to make this as bug free as possible with the additions we have added and unless we feel happy that you (as fellow simulation enthusiasts) will be happy with the resulting patch, we wont release it until it's 'fit for purpose'. For those that this doesn't make happy, please remember, CloD development ended officially and if you can't be patient for us to make our patches as bug free as possible, please revert your install back to the last official patch and see if we haven't made a positive impact? Currently we are seeing many familiar as-well as new Flight Sim names returning to CloD as the word spreads that we are fixing it and making it the sim it always intended to be. Yes it's slow...but we want to make this 'THE' Flight Sim for enthusiasts, and this takes time. Our time. Our spare time! We do it for fun, we do it as a hobby and we do it for you ;)

So, I could leave it at that but there is still much going on as we not only work on v4.2 but also 'tinker' with v5.00 early WiP.

So for those of you who like some meat with the gravy...here's a short video showing some early WiP on new fire and smoke effects, including explosions and also some more screen shots as we continue to make and develop new features for you to enjoy as we dig deeper into the code and fill out some new objects for the Mission makers ;)

Until next time (please God let it be the patch release!!!! :coffeeyes: :sobbing: :crazyeyes: :smash: :goodluck: ) here's some bits and pieces for you to enjoy.

Cheers, MP/TF

https://vimeo.com/86739215

https://vimeo.com/86739215

More environmental Smoke, Flak and Fire effects

New Smoke effects, variations in colour and density as-well as flame effects. All interacting with wind variables:

A new Dispersal Hut Object:

RAF Blister Hangar:

A completely new Tribal Class Destroyer:

See you soon, cheers :)

spud3030
Feb-14-2014, 17:12
:) wow looks great , it will be well worth the time taken to get it right.
Thanks for all TF hard work.

spud

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-14-2014, 17:12
Team Fusion ROCKS!!!!! :party2::party2:

SlipBall
Feb-14-2014, 17:39
nice work gentlemen !

BravoFxTrt
Feb-14-2014, 17:50
Very cool news, thanks for adopting this cool Sim and Thanks for all the hard work yall have and are putting into it. ~S~ "Bravo" :thumbsup:

fruitbat
Feb-14-2014, 17:52
Thanks for the update, looking forward to this very much:thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-14-2014, 18:17
It has been noted that a few community posters are being critical of the delay in the release of this next patch/update.

Please forward me any information on these people..ie..emails, telephone numbers, home addresses, physical descriptions, photos, etc....So that I can pester them on an hourly basis in their free time to see if they get the idea!!!

Thanks for the update and as always a big thank you to those intellectual boffins giving their free time to bring fun to the lives of the enthusiasts here.....I owe you 1100 hours of enjoyment thus far...

....and for sumarising my first point....you will hear no such nonsense from those of us with the ability to empathize

~S~

Oersted
Feb-14-2014, 18:18
Absolutely love the blister hanger! Oh, and don't let the whiners get to you. They infest all forums with their unreasonable drivel... They're not worth your attention.

DUI
Feb-14-2014, 18:19
Thanks for the status update, MP! I am glad that you decided to post it.

Good luck to all TF members!

♣_Spiritus_♣
Feb-14-2014, 18:23
Awesome. This is fantastic, great job and many toasts to TF for your time and efforts. Totally worth the wait. It will be released when it's released, fine by me. Although I do love the updates from you MP. Thanks for the tastes you keep giving us!

:salute:

LuseKofte
Feb-14-2014, 18:33
Thanks for the update, I am sure the nagging is not meant bad, but I know it is annoying. Anyway what are they expecting , loving the game more?
This update will give me a opportunity to survive longer flying a bomber. But I am sure my opponents will learn how to avoid improved gunners.
All these small improvements are going to make me fly more.
But I look forward to flying every time a got the chance as is. Effect and texture improvements and increase of objects has always been my favorite mods in IL2 46 because it make better immersion

speedone
Feb-14-2014, 18:40
Thanks to all the people working on the update(s). You guys make my day everytime I go out to play this fantastic CloD mod. And now it will be even better? Don't let the negativity get to you. 99% of the players love all the work you guys do in your spare time. Not all may speak up, but the list of players online everyday speaks for itself...

Thanks again guys and we can totally live with the fact that the new patch will be ready when it's ready... :salute:

A.P.Hill
Feb-14-2014, 18:43
Thanks a million Team Fusion! I greatly appreciate all your hard work.
It's good for us all to keep in mind, "Good things come to those who wait"

Taxman
Feb-14-2014, 18:47
MP, thank you for the update:thumbsup:. Take your time and get right, no need to rehash what is already been said about the less patient.
BTW if the time you need takes to April 16 (see my handle) that's fine by me, I will now duck:goofy

priller26
Feb-14-2014, 19:00
Looks good thanks!

5./JG26_Krass
Feb-14-2014, 19:13
A big thanks for the fantastic effort put in by team fusion.. :dthumb:

Salmo
Feb-14-2014, 19:14
Thankyou to the community for your positive comments & encouragement & patience. It'll not be long now.

vranac
Feb-14-2014, 19:28

but

http://tarabradford.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Are-We-There-Yet.jpg

:)

edit: just asking because RAF aeroplenes are a bit too slow.:recon:

JG1_Luckystrike
Feb-14-2014, 20:02
Thx a lot, doing a great job, very nice!

But you have no clue of the the basics of aerodynamics.
Spit and 109 is not acceptable.

Good night,
Luckystrike

ATAG_Colander
Feb-14-2014, 20:04

:stunned::huh:

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-14-2014, 20:05

Good night,
Luckystrike

Well....that's helpful.

Ctrl e
Feb-14-2014, 20:47
Wonderful work boys. We are all in your debt.

VO101_Tom
Feb-14-2014, 20:49
:stunned::huh:

I'm not sure it is worth to comment this...

Atreides
Feb-14-2014, 21:15
Incredible how much work you have put into a detail like the explosion effects of crashed planes. Will be even more fun now to down Spitfires :D

I don't mind waiting for this patch, even if it takes many weeks. That you have undertaken to do this in your spare time is admirable. :thumbsup:

Dutch
Feb-14-2014, 21:19
Will be even more fun now to down Spitfires :D

Traitor. Traitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxevIgVmG8

♣_Spiritus_♣
Feb-14-2014, 22:02

Good night,
Luckystrike

I think things seem pretty good. Not sure how many people around here actually have stick time in a real 109 or Spit let alone dog fighting in them so how do any of us who haven't, which I am guessing is the majority really know the true FM of these birds? Sure we can get close but there are so many things in the real world that are probably close to impossible in modeling. Based on all the other flight sims I have flown, I enjoy the FM and everything else about this game.

It's still a game at the end of the day, and a damn good one thanks to TF. I don't think I speak for myself in saying that if it wasn't for TF and ATAG and all the video makers out there, I would have never gave this game a second look, I might have passed on it even thought it was 9 bucks but all this FREE work that has been done and is being done is amazing.

We need to appreicate that. In a world that is all about money we have people here giving up their time and energy so we can all take a break from the real world and have fun. The fixes/improvments will keep on coming, Im not worried at all.

Headshot
Feb-14-2014, 22:05
Thank you.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-14-2014, 22:16
Incredible how much work you have put into a detail like the explosion effects of crashed planes. Will be even more fun now to down Spitfires :D:

Our master plan is coming to fruition... :devilish:

This is all an elaborate mind control experiment, using Pavlovian conditioning techiques of reward and punishment to enslave all of you online to our evil design...

Soon you will be putty in our hands... :hypnotized:

danperin
Feb-14-2014, 22:59
Our master plan is coming to fruition... :devilish:

This is all an elaborate mind control experiment, using Pavlovian conditioning techiques of reward and punishment to enslave all of you online to our evil design...

Take care, mates!

Everything Buzz said is true, my wife wants to destroy my PC and exorcise me now because everyday i'm in front of my monitor, with the ATAG forum opened,
repeating: 'All hail Team Fusion - All hail Team Fusion - All hail Team Fusion...'

Dutch
Feb-14-2014, 23:01

So what's new? :D

Skoshi_Tiger
Feb-15-2014, 01:26
Thanks for your hard work and the dedication you've put into CoD.

You guys are amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

ATAG_Ribbs
Feb-15-2014, 01:35
First of all I want to say Thank you TF! The man hours you have poured in to this work of art astounds me! Next... The shots of the aircraft bellowing thick black smoke going down looked amazing! The bright yellow flame that starts, then goes out.. then reignites looked just like footage shot of aircraft catching fire! Spot on!

Jaws
Feb-15-2014, 04:26
Thank you for your hard work guys. It's ready when it's ready. No need to rush it.

Good night,
Luckystrike

Every village got one.....

palker
Feb-15-2014, 04:57
Thanks for the update keep up the good work. Just one request if i can, please fix the air race cones sinking in water or at least do not brek them further.

ATAG_Jeepy
Feb-15-2014, 05:35
Thank You TF for takin' my one and only serious !

heinkill
Feb-15-2014, 05:41
It's so close now...I can feel it in me giblets.

So exclusively for ATAGers and TFers alike, I have put up the Malta REDUX campaigns for TF 4.2 for download now.

Get em loaded and ready...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7493

H

zionid
Feb-15-2014, 05:42
Everything looks fantastic! Take your time and ignore the spoiled, vocal minority. For everyone whining, there are countless others brimming with excitement and joy with every update. And as has been said, there is probably little harm intended by the impatient ones. We all want it all, and want it now, but we are grown-ups and understand that this takes time. Just thinking how many countless hours I have spent on mission building and tweaking with all my sims, and I have never accomplished a fraction of what you guys have, so please; take your time, enjoy. Love your updates Mysticpuma. Always extremely well written and informative. I fly with ACG, and the amount of fun had with this amazing and now refined product is beyond measure.

Looking forward to the next update whenever it may be, and sincerly;

Thank you!

Sandy1942
Feb-15-2014, 05:48
Interesting news! Thank you!
New effects of a smoke and fire will be entered in v4.2? Or it is necessary to wait for them in v5.00?

Mysticpuma
Feb-15-2014, 06:40
Good question :guilty:

Sandy1942
Feb-15-2014, 07:03
I understood. WIP. The decision isn't made yet. :)

Pancake
Feb-15-2014, 07:31
Destroyers are my pet hate in this game, the AA guns on the flower class murder every thing, I think they kill more air craft then ground based AA, I even got my wing sniped off by one of them going 550km/h at 3000m, no warning what so ever, I did not even realise I was flying over a destroyer until my wing come off for no apparent reason.

Davis0079
Feb-15-2014, 07:34
now if we could only increase the view distance of just the smoke....no need to see trees or buildings from too far....but smoke on the horizon would make navigation in a battle environment more realistic....and not just smoke from ground sources....flak and aircraft smoke should be made to be seen from further away too...

dburne
Feb-15-2014, 07:35
Looking great guys, many thanks for the update and I will be very much looking forward to seeing 4.2 when it is ready.
You guys are really doing amazing work, and it is very much appreciated!!

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-15-2014, 07:56
Pay no attention to the whiners or the one liners (Goodnight LS). I would much prefer to wait for whenever TF desides the update is ready then to have to backtrack. I love what's happening with the sim and the sounds alone (in last update) were just huge. I hope they make it into 4.02 (big wink). Thanks for your efforts and :salute:

heinkill
Feb-15-2014, 07:57
Destroyers are my pet hate in this game, the AA guns on the flower class murder every thing, I think they kill more air craft then ground based AA, I even got my wing sniped off by one of them going 550km/h at 3000m, no warning what so ever, I did not even realise I was flying over a destroyer until my wing come off for no apparent reason.

Agree. In mission making I always set ships to 'rookie' to reduce their gun accuracy or else they are ridiculously deadly. Even so they are overly accurate. Set up a mission of a few Ju88s dive bombing a few destroyers, even at rookie level, and see what happens. All 88s will be brought down. Would be lucky if it even happened today with radar guided gats. When TF tunes the flak, I hope they check not only the accuracy, but the accuracy at different skill settings, and then the flak radius so that only close or direct hits count. Flak in the early 40s was notoriously inaccurate.

Eg see these results from an MOD test against a low flying (single and predictable) target in 1940 from Ian Hogg's book. Apply these percentages to aircraft diving from several directions and you can see CoD ship flak is ridiculously accurate. ESPECIALLY when you consider ship flak is sitting on a moving platform.

"The percentages are for inducing at least an attack abort through damage (or kill obviously).

Basic sights 20mm vs crossing target - 3%
Basic sights 20mm vs headon target - 12%
Basic sights 40mm vs crossing target - 18%
Basic sights 40mm vs headon target - 20%
Triple Gyro sight 20mm vs crossing target - 17%
Triple Gyro sight 20mm vs headon target - 76%
Predictor sight 40mm vs crossing target - 35%
Predictor sight 40mm vs headon target - 39%

Although the short visibility window robbed the Bofors of its range advantage, it was still seen as the preferred weapon - I assume this is because the Triple Gyro may not have been widely available, and that notwithstanding its massive PK vs headon targets, such a scenario was seen as less probable than a crossing situation, where it was much less impressive. British Bofors had predictor compatibility from 1939 when the Kerrison No 3 predictor with power laying was introduced.

Also worth noting the aircooling problem - a sixty round Oerlikon drum might only last 7.5 seconds, but the barrel could not cope with much more anyway, save on naval mounts with water-cooling. "

ATAG_Naz
Feb-15-2014, 08:02
Goody goody yum yum

:thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Osprey
Feb-15-2014, 09:06
ACG are very patiently awaiting this :-D

RupertVonHentzau
Feb-15-2014, 09:14
So, sadly, it's really another on of those irritating...."we are testing" and "it's not ready yet" posts, but there is no choice. We want to make this as bug free as possible with the additions we have added and unless we feel happy that you (as fellow simulation enthusiasts) will be happy with the resulting patch, we wont release it until it's 'fit for purpose'.

YOU ARE DOING IT FOR FREE! :) So why should anyone complain about some justified delay (even if it is a second, third or whatsoever) as other full-time-developers, who got my money for two sims "still in progress, soon to be finished", offer some hot air while others will ban you if critizised for botch to be patched with next access.

This said I am quite happy with my money invested in these projects, but got ALL THE PATIENCE NEEDED to see CloD working fine with some new eye-candy here and there.

My deepest respect for your work, TeamFusion, you brought a once half-dead sim back to shiny glory (yes, I am in a pathetic mood these days)! :salute:

burma
Feb-15-2014, 09:43
looks amazing keep up the good work

Triad773
Feb-15-2014, 10:46
Nice update, even explosive update :salute:

The day these updates see the light of day will be a good one, when ever that is :thumbsup:

Not sure anyone remembers Orson Wells when he did the Paul Mason ads on TV in the 1970's:
"We will serve no wine before its time"

And let it be likewise with Team Fusion's mods!

Cheers

Triad

Tvrdi
Feb-15-2014, 11:07
http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/images/2010/oct10/north_korea_sm/north_korea_25.jpg

GERMANWOLF
Feb-15-2014, 11:17
FANTASTIC !!NICE !!:thumbsup:

zami
Feb-15-2014, 11:19
Thanks for the news! Great job and it is appreciated! :thumbsup:

Take your time, it takes what it takes. I can wait a little bit longer :D

Blitzen
Feb-15-2014, 12:40
I think I know what's causing the glitches:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/page5_50.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/page5_50.jpg.html)

:doh:

Chivas
Feb-15-2014, 13:47
Thanks Team Fusion, amazing work. The future of the sim looks very bright.:thumbsup:

Vencejo
Feb-15-2014, 16:27
Very nice. Thanks TF.

BlueHeron
Feb-15-2014, 17:52
Great update, Puma. It sounds like despite the wait, things are moving forward. Take your time and get it right!

Many thanks for Team Fusion :thumbsup:

J2_Sturm
Feb-15-2014, 19:59
Put me down as another one thanking you for your efforts and happy to wait as long as necessary. :thumbsup:

Uwe
Feb-15-2014, 23:35

Good night,
Luckystrike
Then give them a hand if your so knowing.
Put up our shut up.

But seriously, is it just me or is the horizon glare much reduced?

Kling
Feb-16-2014, 03:03
Then give them a hand if your so knowing.
Put up our shut up.

But seriously, is it just me or is the horizon glare much reduced?

;)

NLS61
Feb-16-2014, 06:23
Hm, let me think, eh, yes I know, HOLY SMOKE!

Topgum
Feb-16-2014, 11:16
V4.2 will be a great update, add huge amounts of features and should certainly keep players coming back for more, as-well as attracting new simulation fans.

Halleluja, I really missed that thing for a long time: Realistic-looking smoke, it's development from a mushroomshape-cloud (explosion) into a flagg, AND the influence of winddirection to it! To me it is a huge stepp into imersion:D
Just on little thing: If possible, could you add some shadows under them? Right now without they are just looking a bit to sureal to me (especially viewn from above like shown in the last example in the demovid).
With all my respect to you all and your gorgerous project.

thx³, TG

Mysticpuma
Feb-16-2014, 11:29
Not sure about the shadows. One of the big irritations with the smoke having shadows was that they flickered like crazy. Not saying no, but maybe not yet.
Cheers

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Feb-16-2014, 14:30
:) Can't wait for the next patch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r76H62tzrg

Blitzen
Feb-16-2014, 15:27
Slightly OT:For those who haven't seen this ,its worth a look to see what really gets into the works,then & now...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/Russian2BRhapsody3_zps5f30ea23.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/Russian2BRhapsody3_zps5f30ea23.jpg.html)

ATAG_Endless
Feb-16-2014, 17:07

Good night,
Luckystrike

I can't shoot straight girls don't like me and my cat stole my car
Can you please fix this team fusion :-P

DD_Gothkrieger
Feb-16-2014, 19:55
I don't fly the sim often, when I load it, it reads 4.0. Is there a 4.1 already out, ppl are talking about 4.2? Is it not implemented in Steam and will automatically come up in the new version once it is available?
Thanks

Ohms
Feb-16-2014, 20:26
4.0 is the last patch, 4.1 turned into 4.2 which has not been released yet. Steam will not up date automatically if that what you are asking.

Ohms

Topgum
Feb-17-2014, 05:11
Not sure about the shadows. One of the big irritations with the smoke having shadows was that they flickered like crazy. Not saying no, but maybe not yet.
Cheers

Oh, I see! Thank you for your reply, MP.
Keep us rocking,
TG

Flit
Feb-17-2014, 05:15
Many thanks TF people for all work done, past, present & future. I'm an old IL2 fan, my ww2 sim interest resurrected recently by the TF development. Glad to be back and thanks again!

Incog
Feb-19-2014, 07:07
You guys are the best, we're (or at least, I am) fine with waiting just a bit more so you can do what you feel is necessary.

Much love

Katdog5
Feb-19-2014, 10:20
awesome

Doozy
Feb-19-2014, 21:36
My hats off to the TF guys who worked magic with CloD , I still can't believe the mass improvement
people with mid range and up computers can see with the mods.

Heck , before TF came to the rescue I was on Ebay lookin for a gasoline powered video card :goofy

but it's all better now :thumbsup:

Doozy

Macro
Feb-20-2014, 08:01
Im still playing on a gtx 560. Was gonna get a new one before last patch not gonna bother now. With new drivers i dont get any slowdowns at all.

Nice one tf saved me some money!

Incog
Feb-23-2014, 07:46
This has nothing to do with TF, but if anyone is looking for a cheap card to upgrade to, I'm pretty sure that Nvidia's new 750 and 750 Ti should do a decent job running this game with a few settings tuned down. They overclock like beasts (performance approaching that of a GTX 660) and they're very power efficient; in fact they don't need external power connectors, which makes them great cards to put in an old system. They're also quite cheap, run cool and quiet (due to having very low TDP). Just wanted to throw that out there; these are great little GPUs.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1467995/various-nvidia-gtx-750ti-750-maxwell-reviews

I'd probably get the 750 Ti with 2 Gb of VRAM, I think this card could run Clod quite well. It's $150-160.

pilgrim_uk
Feb-23-2014, 15:08
Have a standard GTX660 that runs clod on ultra settings ~(8gb win7 64) So if the performance of a 750 is near that you should be sorted.