PDA

View Full Version : Saitek pro controler + rudder setup

Slider
Feb-17-2014, 22:26
Assistance will be much appreciated for my first time setup for flight controls have a Saitek 52 pro joystick/throttle and pro rudders with TrackerIR.
Use of the Saitek software and rudders seem to be in question according to a few post. Thanks.

Doozy
Feb-18-2014, 07:44
Hello Slider !
The only thing I have used the Saitek SST software for is to convert the pinkie switch to a
standard button and the 8 way hat switches to 4 way.
I use Track IR and don't need the 8 way hats for views so I use them as other things like
zoom in and out and flaps up/down ...etc.
Most everything else the game setup screen works just fine. I know there have been issues
with the Saitek SST for a lot of people but mine worked flawless in IL 2 1946 for years and I've
had no issues ( YET ) after three months in CloD.

Doozy

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-18-2014, 11:41
The problem with SST software is simple: They did not made proper 64 bit drivers. And because of that sometimes the joystick goes bezerk. So i just dont use the SST software at all.

I configured the X52 and rudder pedals directly on the game. Go on the "axes" part of key configurations to program the axes (throtle, slider, rudder, axes). The buttons are accepted on the Key section.

Make sure the axes have a "+" sign or it will be inverted (example: throtle backwards if not)

Slider
Feb-19-2014, 00:11
Thanks for your 2 replies. I have a 64 bit system going by your experience and others with the 64 bit Saitek software I will not use it. I have tried to setup the controllers in game using the guide provided for newbies with out much luck. Some of the in game profile entries are confusing to a first timer such as the basic start engine in game their are several options for this one entry plus others can be confusing, estimate I have 80% of the profile completed but seem to be missing a few key entries.

Doozy
Feb-19-2014, 07:53
Slider
I know how confusing this can all be , but keep in mind not all controls need to be on
your joystick/throttle. Of course when you're flying you want them close but some things
like Startup you could use the keyboard for.
For me personally , when flying a Spitfire or Hurricane I assign my 1 -2 -3 -4 keys to
magneto 1......magneto 2........throttle 10%.........fuel cock open , so when I spawn in
all I have to do is hit 1 2 3 4 and then "I" and my engine is running , after my temps
are right I make my funeral arrangements then head for the skies !

also you may want to check out this thread about the SST software.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/4204-saitek-sst-programing/

I read elsewhere that some folks were having problems with joysticks and the newer USB 3.0

Hope this helps a bit

Doozy

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-19-2014, 08:06
Doozy. I have no problems at all programming the buttons. But hereĀ“s what happens: Im flying around and all of the sudden the joystick goes bezerk for no reason. Thats what the SST software does to the stick and the reason why i advise against it.

Doozy
Feb-19-2014, 09:42
Lolsav

I fully understand and I agree with you but as we all know , no two computers are alike.
For instance I was getting game crashes every 5 to 15 minutes in Clod and tried
everything in the forums to fix it , and finally on another site I saw someone say
teamspeak was causing crashes on their game so for the heck of it I installed TS
on my other computer on my desk and have not had a single crash online or offline
since.
So obviously something is amiss somewhere in my computer causing that but I can't
find it.
I have been servicing computers since 1998 for a living and I know from experience there
are millions of subtle things that affect software/hardware.
My X 52 pro has been using SST flawlessly for many months so I feel like some folks may be able
if they choose to use it.....heck it's worth a try.
Saitek is still selling X 52 sticks so you'd think they would address such a big issue , but they
certainly wouldn't be the first big company to drop the ball.

OK now I've done it !!!! TONIGHT my stick is gonna go haywire as soon as I line up for my first online kill :stunned:

Doozy

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-19-2014, 10:07
OK now I've done it !!!! TONIGHT my stick is gonna go haywire as soon as I line up for my first online kill

:glaughter: