PDA

View Full Version : Skip bombing woe, 110C-7

DennydD
Feb-21-2014, 12:41
While playing a campaign I was a bit shocked by the inaccuracy of my skip bombing. Even when aiming amidships and releasing in the last moment there are a lot of misses.
When I looked closer at the issue, assuming I just suck, I realized that the bombs often end up in a trace 45° of my course. I am pretty sure this wasn`t the case pre 4.00.

Any ideas what causes this? Maybe corrupted files on my end?

cheers,
DennydD

III./ZG76_Saipan
Feb-21-2014, 14:30
well i can only relay how i do it. 50m at a 90 degree angle to the ship. i slow down to about 370-380 km/h. i use the reticle. i place the one end on the end of the ship and when the other end of the ship reaches the last line of the line of reticle i drop 2 bombs. i would say i am 90-95% accurate.

DennydD
Feb-22-2014, 05:52
Thanks saipan,

I tried your method and it works well. I have to get used to it. My method was more (too) dangerous. Sometimes I missed the right point for pulling up but it was a bit more save when it comes to AAA fire. (These patrol boats are very good shots)

cheers,
DennydD

EG14_Marcast
Feb-22-2014, 10:10
I too noticed that skip bombing was much easier pre 4.00 patch. Recording tracks I've seen that bombs are bouncing much more losing their orientation (more realistically I must say), and are inclined to go longer than before. As a result, I drop quiet earlier than before.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Feb-22-2014, 22:11
mine skips....