PDA

View Full Version : Team Speak in Dual Server Connection

tityus
Feb-22-2014, 14:00
Howdy Fellows!

As I'm able to fly more, some minor issues are arising.

Gradually my squad members from Jaguares Brasil - |JagBR| - are getting airborne at ATAG skies. Since not every member is fluent in English and radio discipline isn't something expected in our sessions, I run a dual connection on Team Speak. One primary connection to JagBR TS server and a secondary to ATAG TS server. Mode is set to VOX and I use a PTT to switch servers, blocking the mic of the secondary.

With that configuration, I may listen to both servers- JagBR and ATAG - and talk to the one I choose, via PTT. It's practical and I'm used to fly as liaison pilot, relaying info - as probably other squads also do. However, there is a minor issue, that I have already implemented a solution, but I wonder if there is a more intelligent one.

Issue: when radio chatter goes haywire in one server, I'm not able to understand much from the other, where people continues to talk normally.

That said, I wonder if one could assign a hotkey in TS to attenuate a single server volume to, let's say, 30%. By mapping one key to reduce and another to bring server volume to normal, one could manage comms traffic more easily with a dual configuration. Has anyone tried that or another solution more efficient than mine?

What I do is to set the individual gain for our squad members with a few DBs boost and lower global volume affecting all servers. It solves partially, but it's not practical as, in some circumstances, I have to alt tab to adjust settings - not to mention setting volumes individually.

Any ideas?

BTW, Lolsav, the TS plugin you pointed me to also works fine with the dual server config. Thanks again.

té mais
tityus