PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Track IR 4 pro or higher.

Pickle72
Feb-24-2014, 11:36
Hey guys, starting another Track IR Wanted thread.
I am new here, just getting back into flight sims after well over a decade. Started back up with WarThunder at the beginning of the year and just got IL2 COD upgraded to TF4 and gearing up to fall in love with it. I've been running FactracknoIR in WT for a week and think I need to upgrade to Track IR 4 or of course 5. FacetracknoIR works but its not great. I spend more time fiddling with curves and re-centering my views after it looses my face and it gets stuck looking at my low 6!
If anyone is into RC, I can trade for Spektrum Receivers, E-Flight ESC's, Servos, UMX P-51, etc., or I can paypal your account right now.

Let me know what you have laying around collecting dust.

Thanks

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-24-2014, 12:57
Just the obligatory 'Welcome Post' from me I'm afraid Pickle...Good luck with finding a TrackIR..its a well worth investment....

Anyways....Here goes...

Welcome to the community and forums Pickle72....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....We have a helpfull community here who enjoy getting folks up and running in CLOD...so don't be shy

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...

Pickle72
Feb-24-2014, 13:37
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been pouring over most of the beginner threads. Most helpful.

Thanks again

Blazin' Saddles
Feb-24-2014, 16:58
Hey Pickle,
Since you are all set up for FaceTrack NOIR, you might be interested in trying it using the Pointtracker API. I don't know how "handy" you are but if you can solder you can build an infrared clip or hat. I went through the same thing and found FaceTrack NOIR to be unsatisfactory but using Pointtracker made it quite acceptable for me. I have never used a TrackIR so I'm not knocking that, and it is probably a step better, but it might be worth trying an IR model first. I just did it, so I can help if you want to PM me I can give you a circuit design and even specify the mouser part #'s for you. What camera are you using with FaceTrack NOIR?

Pickle72
Feb-24-2014, 19:18
Thanks BS, I thought about going that rout. I need to get a PS3 Eye cam or something close to it as I don't think my built in camera will work. I'm going to try to see if I can find someones second hand Track IR. If not I will try to build my own. If you want to send me specs just in case go for it. I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Pickle72
Feb-25-2014, 09:54
I see 3 or 4 Track IR 4's on ebay. Would it be worth spending 60ish $ on a 4 or go the extra mile and spend 140 on a 5? The more I mess with facetracknoIR the more I want to move away from it.

Also I have THIS (http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ultra-micro-p-51d-mustang-rtf-with-as3x-technology-PKZU2400) NIB for trade :hypnotized:

Otyg
Feb-25-2014, 10:08
I also saw some ps3 cams on ebay for about 10$ and all the stuff to make the IR-cap/clip is about 20$ so it's half what a TrackIR-4 costs.
just saying :)

Blazin' Saddles
Feb-25-2014, 12:25
Hey guys, I just posted this How To http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8831&p=96936#post96936

It may help you out if you are looking into using PointTracker (within FaceTrack NOIR). It also has the schematic for my IR LED headtracker, with Mouser part numbers.

It is a work in progress, and I will be adding some pictures later, but I thought I would post it now in case it helps anyone out. I totally understand if you just want to buy Track IR. It seems like a nice, easy option so if that is what you want, then go for it!

For someone who is a bit DIY, this is a fun project to mess with and the results are very good in my opinion.

Pickle72
Mar-03-2014, 10:13
FYI I went ahead and got a brand new TR 5.
Wow! Soooo much better than facetracnoIR. Zero setup and it works. Nice.

got it here. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/190700930034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) And it came with a free hat:thumbsup: