PDA

View Full Version : Junkers Ju 87 (Stuka) controls

DRock
Feb-25-2014, 09:36
This is a list of controls needed to learn flying and dive bombing at various altitudes with the Junkers Ju 87 (Stuka).

Your standard controls should all ready be set. Such as throttle and steering.

All of my controls are one touch keys. That is, no ALT X or Shift X. I use the X52 pro and have more than enough keys, so I don't have to change depending on aircraft.

Junkers Ju 87 (Stuka)

Wheel Chocks

View-Position #1 (pilot)
View-position #2 (rear gunner)

primary cockpit illumination (toggle)

increase gunsight illumination
decrease gunsight illumination

lean to gunsight

fuel cock #1

magnetos- next
magnetos- previous (optional)

toggle selected engine (ignition)

left wheel brakes
right wheel brakes

raise landing flaps
lower landing flaps

open radiator
close radiator

open oil radiator
close oil radiator

prop pitch +
prop pitch -

extend airbrake
retract airbrake

selected supercharger- next step
selected supercharger- previous step

elevator trim up
elevator trim down

rudder trim left
rudder trim right

course setter increase
course setter decrease (sets compass heading)

toggle bombs armed

previous bomb bay
next bomb bay

increase sight altitude
decrease sight altitude (used to set bomb sight altitude for bomb drop and pull out)

fire machine guns

drop ordnance (bomb)

open window (fenster)
close window

toggle canopy

bail out

map

Don't feel overwhelmed, we can show you how to use these controls with ease.

Some people like to use the mouse clickable dash, but I don't. Once all of your keys are set, you won't have to look for any controls around the cockpit of the various aircraft.

I also have an 'Info window' with my engine controls, vehicle damage, vehicle crew, vehicle secondary controls, and vehicle system showing, to allow me to see a digital readout of my throttle, supercharger, rads, oil rads, and other important info.

Good luck and have fun.:thumbsup:

InvaderZim
Dec-07-2014, 02:57
If you don't have keys assigned, you can still fly from a the cockpit using these point and click cockpit functions.

DRock
Dec-07-2014, 09:38
If you don't have keys assigned, you can still fly from a the cockpit using these point and click cockpit functions.

Thanks, Zim.

It's been so long since I used this method, that I forget where they are when people ask.
While my screen is in the default view,(looking straight forward with TrackIR), I tend to rest the mouse on my calibrated gyro. That way I can see if I'm drifting left or right with a digital reading. It's a good way of staying on course over long distances, especially on the deck.

~S~

InvaderZim
Dec-07-2014, 13:11
No Prob, ATAG BKellum has been leading a lot of Stuka parties lately and we seem to pick up a new Stuka pilot every week. This is the easiest way to keep a new pilot in the game without stopping for key assignments. You can cover the basics in flight. Oh and I forgot the most important part for a stuka pilot,the airbrake. see jpeg. Have fun.

Wolverine
Feb-09-2015, 09:23
I hope those pictures I worked on may be help someone as they helped me. :whacky4:

15474 15475

Volunteer
Feb-09-2015, 09:46
I hope those pictures I worked on may be help someone as they helped me. :whacky4:

15474 15475

Good stuff, Wolverine! :thumbsup:

DRock
Jan-08-2017, 12:34
If anyone is looking to learn the Ju-87 (Stuka), start here.

There's lots of people willing to help you, just ask.

Check out ATAG's newest campaign mission, Channel Dash. A massive Stuka attack on the Royal Navy.

:salute: