PDA

View Full Version : Controls questions

Dingo50
Feb-25-2014, 12:25
Hi all,

I am a new guy, hoping to fly Hurris.
I have a T-Flight HOTAS and am trying to program the various keys to fly said Hurri, and have run into a couple of problems.
The first concerns the large rocker on the front of the throttle. I would like to use this for Prop pitch, left end for fine, right for coarse, varying by 10 percent steps from from fine to coarse...if this is possible.
The second concerns the PoV hat switch, I would like to use this for pitch and yaw trim,(I have trak IR4) also in increments up/down for elevator, right/left for the rudder.

Does anyone know if this might be done? I have looked at the conf. files but as I am computer challenged I don't want to touch anything until guided by someone who knows what they're doing in there! :doh:

Appreciate any help.

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-25-2014, 12:33
Welcome to the community and forums Dingo88....~S~

Dingo..Checkout the 'Beginners Guide' first for key dedicating.....there are over 700 keys to dedicate and you only need about 36 so go there first as it will save you a stack of time in key allocating....As for the prop pitch , you can pretty much dedicate keys for any type you want...For positive switching and negative in increments of 5%...or dedicate a key to take your pitch straight to a pre-determined prop....Ror instance I have all my prop pitch on a 4 way hat switch...I have 100%....50%.....and up and down (increments of 5%)

Do the key dedicating in the ingame menu 'Controls'....

Sorry I can't be more help as I am not familiar with your HOTAS setup...

Also the 'Beginnners Guide' for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....We have a helpfull community here who enjoy getting folks up and running in CLOD...so don't be shy

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...

PS...Once you get up in the Hurris or Spits try this...:

As for take off and flying in ALLIED (only) fighters try this as a general starting point....Set you engine management window ingame to % (Windows section in the 'Beginners Guide' will show you how).......Then for take off fly - Throttle 100%, Prop 100% and Rad 100%......Once airbourne Throttle 100%, Prop 85% and Rad 75% and try not to hard climb so you keep your speed up and airflow through those rads...

You can dogfight like this too......Provided you keep your speed up you can pretty much forget about the CEM on most allied aircraft...Anyways this is a good starting point and will allow you to get busy with the enemy without having too much else to worry about....You can also experiment from this by changing things by increments of 5% if you like on specific aircraft and watch your Temperatures as you do so until you find the sweet spot...If all else fails then go Rad 100%

Dingo50
Feb-26-2014, 11:50
Thanks Lewis,
Fantastic help,appreciate all the information, especially the P.S. I took a Hurri out for a spin and it went fine!
Now if only I can learn to fly in formation!

Cheers and stay dry.