PDA

View Full Version : Bug Prevents Final Line Up At Runways.

Pirabee
Feb-25-2014, 13:58
Hi fellars,

I have noticed that at a few RAF fields (I mostly fly Red) whether in multi or Singleplayer I'm unable to turn after taxiing for take off and to line up for take off. At the last bit of the runway when I want to swing around to face the take off path, the rudder -even though I have jammed it left or right for the turn - refuses to turn the craft for the line up. The Spitty simply keeps rolling straight ahead.

Let me hazard a guess that Ive experienced this at Gravesend where I fly out of lots of time and a few other places.

This has to be a bug, I think. Has anyone experienced this too, and is there a solution? Personally I rip open the throttle and end up using a wider turn to line up. This way I have nearly half the runways length behind me by the time I'm done. It's sorta annoying.

Warmly yours.
Pirabee

ATAG_Colander
Feb-25-2014, 14:06
Ground handling will be a bit different on 4.2.

Pirabee
Feb-25-2014, 14:19
Thanks Colander. That's good to know. Except that I have no idea how far away is 4.2.

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-25-2014, 14:20
Two weeks :)

ATAG_Colander
Feb-25-2014, 14:27
yeah, as in:
Monday, Tuesday, Monday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Monday .... :)

1lokos
Feb-25-2014, 14:37
You can turn better if you use brakes with rudder (only the wheel on side where rudder are deflected will brake).

For Spit/Hurri/Blein/Italians use B key - dont press and hold, type over then (B,B,B,B,B,B...).

Sokol1

Haviland
Feb-25-2014, 15:17
You can turn better if you use brakes with rudder (only the wheel on side where rudder are deflected will brake).

For Spit/Hurri/Blein/Italians use B key - dont press and hold, type over then (B,B,B,B,B,B...).

Sokol1

^This.

I usually taxi to the runway, face perpendicular to the runway heading, come to a complete stop, hit the differential brakes in the desired direction, and apply moderate power (taking care not to nose the Spit over). You won't have any forward momentum this way, and the plane should pivot in place to your desired heading.

Pirabee
Mar-05-2014, 13:02
Cool.

Thanks Colander, lolsav, 1lokos and Havilan.

I no longer use all of the takeoff path. Two-thirds of it will do. Well, plus or minus.

Pirabee.