PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion update - February 2014 - Ditching the collar and tie

Mysticpuma
Feb-28-2014, 14:45
Today's update shows a long term bug finally destroyed by Team Fusion!

Many months were spent looking at one of the really irritating issues that for some reason defied detection.

The issue of the Ai Pilots and crews deciding to wear their dress uniform into combat! Fortunately one of the newer members of Team Fusion had been 'tinkering' with this effect and shared it with the rest of the team for testing.

One issue that came to light was that Pilots wearing Irvin Flying jacket would often 'clip' through the side of the Spitfire, so part of the jacket was visible on the outside of the aircraft fuselage.

Queue more work and now the Pilots fit inside the aircraft perfectly and wear authentic flying/combat uniforms (well at-least in comparison to dress uniform!).

Work on other features is still continuing, although work on any new additions for TF v4.2 has now stopped and Beta testing, especially on FM/DM is intensively underway.

News will follow once we have a date we expect to release v4.2.

Cheers, MP/TF

https://vimeo.com/87890460

https://vimeo.com/87890460

RedToo
Feb-28-2014, 15:13
Much, much better. But the British pilots still look rather rotund and have an odd shaped head when wearing a helmet and viewed from the side. Still a big step forward. This game must go down in history as having some of the oddest quirks.

RedToo.

Zappatime
Feb-28-2014, 15:40
good find, good fix, slowly but surely :flying2:

Ctrl e
Feb-28-2014, 15:55
Great work as always.

Sandy1942
Feb-28-2014, 15:59
Good fellows of TF!
It is one more new side of our general brilliant.
Question: whether there will be helmets on the Italian pilots?

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-28-2014, 16:06
Much, much better. But the British pilots still look rather rotund and have an odd shaped head when wearing a helmet and viewed from the side. Still a big step forward. This game must go down in history as having some of the oddest quirks.

RedToo.

But didn't the real life RAF Spitfire pilots have big heads? :recon:

J/K!!!! :)

I agree a big step forward. :thumbsup: When I watch the many videos I find the AI pilots look distractingly like bus drivers, not combat pilots!

Mysticpuma
Feb-28-2014, 16:38
Good fellows of TF!
It is one more new side of our general brilliant.
Question: whether there will be helmets on the Italian pilots?

Yes Italian Pilots are fully kitted out too...sadly they were getting changed into their new uniforms while the video was being shot ;)

dburne
Feb-28-2014, 16:48
This game must go down in history as having some of the oddest quirks.

Seriously, that one has to fall into " what they heck were they thinking" category!

Sandy1942
Feb-28-2014, 16:54
Yes Italian Pilots are fully kitted out too...sadly they were getting changed into their new uniforms while the video was being shot ;)
It's cool! It is possible to make screenshot and to show here? When it will be possible...

Meaks
Feb-28-2014, 17:23
Fantastic news guys,this has always been an issue that's annoyed me,now you've solved that bug,another bug bites the dust,you guys rock,viva Team Fusion :thumbsup:

Mysticpuma
Feb-28-2014, 17:28
It's cool! It is possible to make screenshot and to show here? When it will be possible...

Here you go ;)

7787 7786 7788 7789

LBR=H.Ostermann
Feb-28-2014, 17:46
S!

Great work! Team Fusion rocks!

"Another bug bites the dust"²

:)

pilgrim_uk
Feb-28-2014, 18:11
Indeed that is something that has bugged me as well. Next you will be having them wearing oxygen masks. ;)

Archie
Feb-28-2014, 18:23
Great stuff TF!:thumbsup:

zionid
Feb-28-2014, 18:47
What settings/plugins have the moviemaker in use here? It looks knifesharp with hardly any shimmer! Nice jobs with the flightgeear. Another piece in the puzzle:)

Sandy1942
Feb-28-2014, 19:04
Here you go ;)
Thank you!

Continu0
Feb-28-2014, 19:19
The unsuitable suits haven`t been a big issue for me, to be honest. But fixing such "irrelevant" things shows a dedication that I really like and that I am thankful for!

Bravo!

StormBat
Feb-28-2014, 19:30
Nailed it! good going men! would I be out of line if I said I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::salute::cheers:

Mattias
Feb-28-2014, 20:23

RedToo.

:salute:

Lets not wander into phrenology here :D

We never name which individual made a certain mod/fix, but I would like to share the fact that this was made by one of our newest members. I think we can all agree he's made a great start :clap:

Cheers/m

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-28-2014, 20:46

We never name which individual made a certain mod/fix, but I would like to share the fact that this was made by one of our newest members. I think we can all agree he's made a great start :clap:

Cheers/m

+1 :bravo:

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-28-2014, 22:49
Nobody has spotted the other new feature shown in the video?

Kling
Feb-28-2014, 22:52

Nope I thought about that as well... I wonder how long it takes before its spotted.. ;)

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-28-2014, 22:56
Should we give them a hint... :dazed:

or maybe not?

ATAG_Naz
Feb-28-2014, 23:04

Quote of the month :)

ATAG_Colander
Feb-28-2014, 23:17

or maybe not?

I was wondering the same. Let's see how long it takes :)

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-01-2014, 00:03

AI aircraft actually having to deal with engine temperature? I noticed the radiators were open in the new uniforms shots.

And I just got home today from spending most of the day with someone special. :)

Kling
Mar-01-2014, 00:40
AI aircraft actually having to deal with engine temperature? I noticed the radiators were open in the new uniforms shots.

And I just got home today from spending most of the day with someone special. :)

Nope thats not it ;)

Mysticpuma
Mar-01-2014, 02:23
What settings/plugins have the moviemaker in use here? It looks knifesharp with hardly any shimmer! Nice jobs with the flightgeear. Another piece in the puzzle:)

Everything on Maximum except buildings are set to the one below unlimited.

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Mar-01-2014, 02:34
Indeed that is something that has bugged me as well. Next you will be having them wearing oxygen masks. ;)

Already done :)

Continu0
Mar-01-2014, 02:54
Can it be seen at 1.24?

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-01-2014, 03:29
@ Kling, Keller and Colander

The clouds look different in the first few seconds. More dense or weather like.... weather......

FAE_Cazador
Mar-01-2014, 03:51
Can it be seen at 1.24?

Yes, @ 1:25, something new on top of the Stuka's engine cowling? A new fin, or a new air intake?

Sorry for my English

Continu0
Mar-01-2014, 04:02
Yes, @ 1:25, something new on top of the Stuka's engine cowling? A new fin, or a new air intake?

Sorry for my English

That is what I meant... a 3D-Model Change?

Kling
Mar-01-2014, 04:19

or maybe not?
hehe ....well guys it has to do with the pilot ;)

JG4_Widukind
Mar-01-2014, 06:27
i hope the patch will come so fast u Guys can befor start the SOW Champ. We need the Tailgunners!

UpsilonCrux
Mar-01-2014, 06:27
hehe ....well guys it has to do with the pilot ;)

Animations??

Awesome work as always guys, I'm sweating for 4.2!

Thanks again TF :cheers:

Ekko
Mar-01-2014, 12:35
hehe ....well guys it has to do with the pilot

Thank you TF.. it look´s like the pilot is setting up the seat a nugde or he is growing 10-12 cm

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-01-2014, 13:14
If it isn't the clouds how do you get clouds like that! Super dense and low to the ground, even with medium clouds on I don't get awesomeness like that.

I do have everything at max and the extendclouds on... hrmmmmmmm

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-01-2014, 14:45
Animations??

Final answer?

Mysticpuma
Mar-01-2014, 14:49
The cloud altitude makes a difference too in those video shots. I set the alt. to 500 metres :)

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-01-2014, 15:08
Final answer?

Can you just please stop trolling with us and tell us the answer? :-)

(Sarcasm in case you didn't know)

Thanks for helping breathe new life into this wonderful sim engine. I can't wait until I see how far this game has gone after I graduate college (in 5 years approximately). :thumbsup:

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-01-2014, 15:14
The answer has been said, it's pilot head animations. I guess you don't like guessing games much huh?

5./JG26_Krass
Mar-01-2014, 15:19
Fantastic work guys, as always! :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-01-2014, 15:20
The answer has been said, it's pilot head animations. I guess you don't like guessing games much huh?

Ah, okay. Sorry but I just wanted to poke a little fun and all. I do often like guessing games but wanted to be sarcastic. :/ I am terrible with sarcasm. Any word about the different radiator positions in the different versions?

-Sven-
Mar-01-2014, 15:22
Hope that the pilots will not be made smaller than they already are, which is too small already.

439th_Wtornado
Mar-02-2014, 14:07
I like the Spitfire incident 32 secs into the show.

I got myself some popcorn and played it over a few times.

I like the building climax to the horrible accident and the

surviving pilot looking to his left and his wingman is gone

it is a very touching moment.

Oh the humanity! :sobbing:

The rest of the movie was ok I guess.lol

Flanker35M
Mar-02-2014, 16:03
S!

Nice update :) Noted a small thing in the video. Look at the Hurricane taxiing from 0:50 onwards just beneath the wings. The landing gear movement is a bit off. The whole strut moves while the rearward facing support stays stationary. Shouldn't the shock absorber give in, not the whole landing gear ;)

Osprey
Mar-03-2014, 17:23
A nice treat :)

ATAG_Endless
Mar-03-2014, 19:00
Ahh Yeaa Team Fusion hard at work

Mudcat
Mar-04-2014, 09:07

Pirabee
Mar-06-2014, 17:50
Umm, I assume this patch will soon be available and be a separate download just like 3.01 and 4.00?

Or will it auto update as one logs into the server?

Mattias
Mar-06-2014, 17:58
Umm, I assume this patch will soon be available and be a separate download just like 3.01 and 4.00?

Or will it auto update as one logs into the server?

It will be a separate download.
We plan to make an auto updater but so far modding has taken all our coder's time :D

Cheers/m

UpsilonCrux
Mar-13-2014, 21:10
Oh d'oh!:doh:

I never came back to see if I was right!

Sorry if I came across as a bad sport for not responding to your teasing Keller!

They look great by the way. (The animations)

Super stoked to play 4.3, it's shaping up amazingly. See that Flak video? Daaaay-um!