PDA

View Full Version : Antialaising to zero and spotting contacts

Little_D
Dec-11-2011, 07:15
Hi gents,

after i put the antialaising to zero, i can see cons from 5k when they are on the ground at ca. 100 - 500 meters. Some other thing i notice is that when you get closer the contacts they dont dissapeare or being harder to watch when they move.

regards

Little_D

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-11-2011, 08:12
That's a tip worth trying! I think most of us have it set at x2 (for what little good it does), so it's easy enough to check out. Thanks for sharing this! :dthumb:

Dutch
Dec-11-2011, 11:22
Now why didn't I think of that?

Top tip mate, cheers! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-11-2011, 11:37
I'm going to try this offline at high res (1920 x 1200) and low res (1440 x something). At high res with x2 antialiasing (in game menu) I cannot see any contacts from any distance until I'm almost on top of them (ie LOD Range - pixels are too tiny or, as someone suggested, not being rendered due to high graphic loading). JTDawg experienced this himself last night with his new Asus monitor at high 1920 res. When he dropped down in resolution he could see targets from a reasonable distance again -- as pixels. The cockpit looks ugly at low res, but so do enemy tracers at high res!!!!! :eek:

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-11-2011, 15:38
It works! :thumbsup:

Flew online this afternoon in a Spitfire Ia and Hurricane Rotol. Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1200; Anti-aliasing turned [OFF] in in-game menu. Fought a close quarters dogfight with a 109 off Hawkinge at approx 5,000 feet. Never lost sight of him the whole time at wildly varying distances; no LOD disappearing act at 300 - 500 meters. No noticeable drop in frame rate nor any micro-shuttering.

Spotted, on two different occasions, Heinkel and Dornier formations at approx 12,000 feet from a fair distance (10 - 20 miles? Whatever. It seemed pretty far.). Closed and repeatedly attacked the Heinkel formation with no discernible problems visually. Would've attacked the Dorniers, too, over the Thames Estuary if not for two very annoying 109's that were not cooperative. Pounced on the low one, got taken out by the high one. <I never learn......sigh>. Kept both in sight until my screen went black.

Point being: I had my monitor at high resolution the whole time and didn't feel handicapped like I once did for spotting enemy and/or friendly contacts. I HATE low resolution because the cockpit is ugly and difficult to read instruments at 90 POV. Since my system can maintain decent framerates in most CoD circumstances at high res, that's the way I prefer to go while flying online.

On Teamspeak a couple of other players who had read this thread earlier were reporting similar to above.

Thanks Little D for sharing this simple, but significant, tip!:salute:

jaydee
Dec-12-2011, 01:14
Snapper :Did you turn AA of in Nvidia Control panel also ? JT, I am on the verge of ordering ASUS VE27Q monitor from santa (my missus),wouldnt mind hearing what you think of it if you wouldnt mind ! ~S~

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-12-2011, 20:46
jaydee ,hey m8 i just bought the VE248Q WITH 2MS REFRESH, no froze ,dead ,stuck pixils!!!! looks great ,with a little adjusting great picture an amazing color, very happy ,i can only imagin a 27 inch couse 24 huge to me .but YES very good monitor, no cons yet!!! an i will buy asus again.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-12-2011, 20:53
Snapper :Did you turn AA of in Nvidia Control panel also ? JT, I am on the verge of ordering ASUS VE27Q monitor from santa (my missus),wouldnt mind hearing what you think of it if you wouldnt mind ! ~S~

Yes, Jaydee. AA is off in the Nvidia Control Panel.

jaydee
Dec-12-2011, 23:56
Thanks Snapper and JT ! ~S~