PDA

View Full Version : Original Issue --- Strait of Dover --- Aerial Map ...WW II...

MOHAWK
Dec-11-2011, 18:45
Well if I attached this properly, it will be a zoomable map --- with some good info / data ---conversion table /heights / field elevations/rail roads/ ect --- check the borders of the map ....... well here goes , lets see if it worked ???-----if not I will continue trying --maybe if some one could help -----attaching things here seems difficult ???

MOHAWK
Dec-11-2011, 18:54
Just as I thought , No attachment or MAP = What The F%*!.... it is a 2.94 mb JPEG image, opens with windows live photo gallery, I tried the manage attachments , attach / up load == no joy , if anyone can help ?? it is a pretty interesting and useful map ...

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-11-2011, 19:00
Dang -- I'd really like to see that map. :0:

Don't know the answer re photo attachments, but hopefully someone wiser will stop by.....

ATAG_Septic
Dec-11-2011, 19:04
I've not been able to download it Mowhawk, just access from the web site (which is; https://s3.amazonaws.com/zoomreadsl/TestPage.html).

You might also like to try touchbuddy on your second screen, it's for touch screens as the name suggests but I have had it working with mouse quite well. http://touch-buddy.com/forums/faq/18-master-faq.html

Cheers Old Chap! :thumbsup:

MOHAWK
Dec-11-2011, 19:19
--Thanks Septic -- but you missunderstand ? I did get your ---PM --Map ok = thanks . this is a different map ( Original British Issue ) --- I sent it to myself via E-MAIL and it came thru OK and worked ( zoom ) clear ... if anybody wants to provide me their e-mail address ??? I will send it to you , but please attach it to this thread if you can --and let me know if it came thru and worked for you ---i will delete you e-mail add as soon as i send it --- thanks Mohawk... in the e-mail just click on link / save /and open ..

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-11-2011, 19:28
Mohawk, as an amateur photographer I have an online gallery which I'd be pleased to upload your map. I would then post the link back here. Feel free to send me the photo to drilstone at yahoo dot com

MOHAWK
Dec-11-2011, 19:37
---Just sent it to you --Snapper ---= thanks ..........

MOHAWK
Dec-16-2011, 17:23
thanks to snapper a link is provided --- http://www.pbase.com/daverilstone/image/140324089/original ---

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-16-2011, 17:28
Mohawk -- thank YOU for providing the scan of this map! I've never been to the UK (yet - it's on my bucket list), but it feels almost like home looking at the Kent area after flying so many times over it in Cliffs of Dover! LOL

Dutch
Dec-17-2011, 04:54
I've never been to the UK (yet - it's on my bucket list), but it feels almost like home looking at the Kent area after flying so many times over it in Cliffs of Dover! LOL

Well if you do get here sometime, make sure it's April/May. Spring is the new summer over here. Summer is now 'the rainy season' and winter is just crap. :Grin:

Plus you have to put up with things like this in the summer....320