PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training with ATAG_Keller

EKat
Mar-03-2014, 22:10
Request training in the Ju-88 with Keller. I'm requesting a level I session, but I'm not really a newbie. My main concern being transition to full real flying. I haven't flown CLoD online since it first came out having taken a three year time-out in online flying. So, my cockpit familiarization is still fairly low. But, I'm getting back into online with a newly built rig and now have a patched CLoD with TF 4.0. My keys are fairly well-mapped, although that is still a work in progress. I've downloaded the '88 guide and have been practicing my take-offs and landings with full real settings and can just now take off and land the '88 with a bomb load-out 'empty' and 100% fuel without blowing-up an engine, LOL! I need more engine management practice under greater loads, course setting with auto-pilot, gyro setting and I am a bit rusty with the Lofte bombsight, but used it quite a lot in the old IL-2.

I'm available starting this Sunday, March 9.

Best Regards,
EKat

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-03-2014, 22:31
I'd be glad to help you out EKat, but you should know that I'm good in the 88 up to the point where you get into the Lotfe Bombsight. I do all my level bombing with the He-111 H-2; I've never level bombed with the 88 before.

EKat
Mar-03-2014, 22:39
Well, I'm certainly a big fan of the He-111. Just didn't see a guide out there for it, so been practicing the Ju-88 instead. We could easily switch this to the He-111.

EKat

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-03-2014, 22:48
I don't mind showing you everything I know about the 88 and the 111, I'd be more comfortable teaching you the Lotfe 7 in the 111 though.

I should be around on Sunday and Monday.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-03-2014, 22:52
You might want to bookmark these links:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/utils/lotfe7.html

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=bf110c <-- Good part on how to use the Course Autopilot. Almost identical in the Bf-110, Ju-88, and the He-111.

EKat
Mar-04-2014, 18:48
OK, I checked out the links.

Sunday sounds good. Any particular time good for you? I'm on east coast USA. Meet in a TS server?

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-04-2014, 20:11
I'll have a better idea as Sunday draws closer; but yes, look for me on TS.