PDA

View Full Version : Problems with FMB

=AN=Felipe
Dec-14-2011, 12:23
Hello guys!

I still have problems with FMB in Cliffs of Dover, i try to fix with a new instalation, but didn't work...

So, my problem is, when i create a new map, for exemple, english channel, and set 2 spawn points, one for each army (ger and britsh), i set the planes who will be able to choose, set the front line markers...

When i start the mission, for lobby multiplayer, just to flight alone, i cant select sides... the flags dont apear, even when i press "start battle", so i cant fly in my map...

some one knows whats happening? I think its a little thing i have missing when i create, or my game was bugging. I dont know...

S! guys!

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-14-2011, 14:24
Hey Felipe,

It sounds like you are trying to run a MP mission through the SP tools. Using the FMB or the in-game server option doesn't always work correctly for me.

What we do is create a launcher shortcut that will start the dedicated server portion of the game. To do this go into the properties of the launcher shortcut you've made and you'll see the Target line that will look similar to this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe"

All you want to do with this shortcut is add -server to the end of it. So your target line will look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -server

Now all you need to do is launch the shortcut to open the dos box/dediserver window and use the missLoad command to load your mission. Then you can join your own server and flags etc, should all be working.

Couple things to note: Your confs.ini is your server config. If you place your missions in the same spot your confs.ini is (documents/1csoftclub/IL2 Cliffs of Dover) not the mission folder, you can simply type in the server window:

missLoad Felipe.mis (if your mission name was Felipe)
battle start (this will start the battle)

It's a much easier and better way to test MP missions through the dediserver function. Just note that you'll need to start the dedi server before you start your regular launcher shortcut of the game. (server 1st) or steam won't like it!

I'm sorry I don't know about the ingame server browser as once I started using the dedi server function, that's the only thing I've used since then for testing.

=AN=Felipe
Dec-14-2011, 17:03
Ill try Bliss! Thx very mutch! and sorry if english is bad, im rusty on it! haha

thx again!!!!!!

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-14-2011, 18:12
No problem! Let me know how it works for you ;)

=AN=Felipe
Dec-14-2011, 22:31
Thx very much Bliss, work fine, and you were so attentive with your explanations! And so patient, thx alot!

Felipe

=AN=Felipe
Jan-04-2012, 08:16
Hello again Bliss, how are you?

So, im here again to ask you about the Dedicated Server. How can i set the Full Realism on my Dedicated server?

Thx again Bliss!