PDA

View Full Version : Le Havre Octeville - Runway issues

Chuck_Owl
Mar-06-2014, 16:46
In the map Fall Rot, there's an annoying bug at le Havre Octeville Airfield. Every time you spawn and taxi to the runway, the aircraft tends to "bounce" (as if it was just being propelled upwards) abnormally and make you crash before you even reach the runway. Either this happens or your prop inexplicably hits the ground. This bug is very annoying because it's the only RAF airfield close to the coast that provides Spit Ias. I really wished this airfield was functional.

Salmo
Mar-07-2014, 07:44
In the map Fall Rot, there's an annoying bug at le Havre Octeville Airfield. Every time you spawn and taxi to the runway, the aircraft tends to "bounce" (as if it was just being propelled upwards) abnormally and make you crash before you even reach the runway. Either this happens or your prop inexplicably hits the ground. This bug is very annoying because it's the only RAF airfield close to the coast that provides Spit Ias. I really wished this airfield was functional.

Chuck, TF is looking to correct the bad airfield terrain bumps for Tf5.0. Can you post a pic & circle exactly where this occurs. This will assist when we get to finding this bug.

Chuck_Owl
Mar-07-2014, 16:18
I couldn't really say "where" exactly. Generally, I just spawn, warm-up, and as soon as I taxi for maybe 5 meters in front of where I spawned, the bug happens.

Roblex
Mar-08-2014, 05:43
I have had this at Le Havre as well. Next time it happens I will try to go outside and at least pinpoint where the wreckage lies. I *think* it is one of the spawnpoints on the far side from the buildings on the sea end. It is a bit more than a 'bump', more like a landmine :-)

Roblex
Mar-09-2014, 05:14
I think I can pinpoint at least one bad spawn point. I am 99% sure it is spawn 73. It killed me twice in a row. Actually, the first time I survived the first bump (which I assume is the road) but died 50ft further on so it maybe best to look and see if there is anything else between spawn 73 and the runway threshold. I was taxiing towards a point about 20ft back from the threshold so probably aiming a bit N of spawn 75 and hit something before I got there.