PDA

View Full Version : Assetto Corsa My first day (video)

Injerin
Mar-08-2014, 01:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzeCpb3dE1w

Bought the sim today and about 5 hours I finally felt I should try the sim without the racing line and to go with manual shifting. This sim is going to be very in depth and I found out alot in my 5 hours of playing. The steering set-up took me a bit, but I got it lol. All in all I think this is going to be a great sim once they get it finished :)

Gorgon14
Mar-08-2014, 07:48
It's a keeper, innit? :)

Marmus
Mar-08-2014, 07:55
Of course, it is on sale this weekend. I bought it LAST weekend! But at least I can say I am supporting the development of a great game, right?

I need to find a community for this game to help with set up, mods, etc. The companies forums are kinda cheesy.

Injerin
Mar-08-2014, 10:19
Of course, it is on sale this weekend. I bought it LAST weekend! But at least I can say I am supporting the development of a great game, right?

I need to find a community for this game to help with set up, mods, etc. The companies forums are kinda cheesy.

There are a few of us playing it . I guess by the end of the month they will have multiplayer :) They also just announced that there will be the new corvette C7. We can start a community right here :)

Marmus
Mar-08-2014, 10:35
We can start a community right here :)

That would be great. I am not happy with what I see in any of the "racing" forums I have seen. Age may be a factor.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Mar-08-2014, 11:22
I can't wait for the MP! One of the guys in my squad is a sim racer too and we are looking forwards to some team action. :thumbsup:

Injerin
Mar-08-2014, 11:37
That would be great. I am not happy with what I see in any of the "racing" forums I have seen. Age may be a factor.

LOL! I agree, that goes for most of the forums these days :P

ATAG_Naz
Mar-08-2014, 20:35
Glad you're enjoying AC Injerin. I really think it can be a great sim once finished.

:thumbsup:

Marmus
Mar-12-2014, 13:30
SimHQ has a pretty good article on setup of game. It is Part 1, so hope Part 2 cover more indepth of cars and tracks.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/assetto-corsa-hints-tips-part-1/

According to Steam, I have played for 4 hours....but it was all broken up into small chunks. I added manual shift up / shift down, but using auto-clutch. Steering with joystick is still rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvOiJqaOEo

ATAG_Naz
Mar-13-2014, 04:17
Think I'll make a video over the weekend. What I've found I really like so far is the difference you feel between the cars. I've been doing a lot of laps and quick races around NurburgringGP in one of the lower spec BMW M3 E30s. Got to know the feel of the car, what gears to be in for different corners etc. Then I had a quick few laps in the Pagani Zonda ... wow, so that's what a SuperCar feels like!!

I've not played driving sims for years but I never really got that sense of raw power difference between cars before. I know that is probably more down to me not being a car or driving sim fanatic, but still ... its really impressive.

I'm using a G27 wheel, pedals and shifter combo attached to my desk, but I am seriously thiking of buying one of those stands to permanently attach them all ... loving it.

:thumbsup:

Injerin
Mar-13-2014, 14:09
I'm using an Xbox 360 wheel (pedals) I have no clutch and have to use auto-clutch :( It looks like I need to save some cash for a G27 :) Naz: I know what you mean it is different than any other racing sim I've played by far. I also just paid for 3 months for Iracing to see what its like and WOW.. Its alot like Assetto as far as handling and setup.