PDA

View Full Version : Rotating runways

No601_Swallow
Mar-09-2014, 06:29
When placing a runway on a (new) airfield, I'm able to rotate it using the standard numberpad keys. But when placing a new runway on an existing runway on the map (if you see what I mean), I can almost never get it to line up with the existing texture. Even the numberpad '7' and '9' increments are too great.

Is there way of "freely" rotating the runway to get the exact angle you want? What am I missing? Thanks.

No601_Swallow
Mar-09-2014, 20:10
To continue my conversation with myself, it seems, of course, that runway orientation can be edited in the .mis file. At this stage it seems that CloD uses the same weird "compass" system that it does for wind - +/- 180 degrees, rotated through 90 degrees. One of Biggin's runways has an orientation of -113, it seems.

Does anyone know if there is a directory of runway headings in CLoD? Or can this information be extracted from the game? (I wonder if a TF boffin would know...)

This stuff would be useful to know when laying out airfields (airdrome points and their attendant runways) if the yellow boards become more significant in the brave new post-4.2 world.

Salmo
Mar-09-2014, 20:56
To continue my conversation with myself, <snip> does anyone know if there is a directory of runway headings in CLoD? Or can this information be extracted from the game? (I wonder if a TF boffin would know...) This stuff would be useful to know when laying out airfields (airdrome points and their attendant runways) if the yellow boards become more significant in the brave new post-4.2 world.

So you don't go completely bonkers talking to yourself ....

Is there is a directory of runway headings in CLoD? - No, but there is a file with runway x,y start & endpoints. You could derive runway direction/heading from the 2D coordinates via simple coordinate algebra.

No601_Swallow
Mar-09-2014, 21:01
Sounds like a start! Where would this file be located?

(I'll worry about the algebra in the morning. That is, I'll get my 14 yr old son to worry about the algebra. It'll be good for him. Character-buildling.)